new spec leak!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
All I want is a confirmation of the screen size. I don't care whether its pentile or not.

Agree to me pentile isnt that big of a deal people just like to hate it just like they do with blur. Its funny because all the hands on everyone says how nice and unobtrusive it is compared to other versions.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Agree to me pentile isnt that big of a deal people just like to hate it just like they do with blur. Its funny because all the hands on everyone says how nice and unobtrusive it is compared to other versions.

That's what gets me. No phone is perfect and no phone has every aspect of it please everyone. But more often then not, Moto's MotoBlur and Pentile screens seem to get bashed relentlessly by SGSII fanboys in Bionic threads.

Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That's what gets me. No phone is perfect and no phone has every aspect of it please everyone. But more often then not, Moto's MotoBlur and Pentile screens seem to get bashed relentlessly by SGSII fanboys in Bionic threads.

Its a shame that android users bash other android users based on the phone they use. I mean I can see bashing another platform but come on dont bash just because some joe schmo on the internet said so. I am glad that I use my own opinions and how a phone works for me rather than care what other people say about it. For some reason everyone will hate the bionic even if it was the best phone out(which with its specs should keep it up near the top for a while IMO)

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Its a shame that android users bash other android users based on the phone they use. I mean I can see bashing another platform but come on dont bash just because some joe schmo on the internet said so. I am glad that I use my own opinions and how a phone works for me rather than care what other people say about it. For some reason everyone will hate the bionic even if it was the best phone out(which with its specs should keep it up near the top for a while IMO)

I actually posted a comment on some phone site where the author was saying how the new blur was a turn off. Of course the author hadn't used it yet.

The beauty of android is the different hardware and software experiences available, nobody should be bashing any people/phone choices on here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

This(^). Personal attacks on a person simply because of their preference of a phone is ludicrous.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually posted a comment on some phone site where the author was saying how the new blur was a turn off. Of course the author hadn't used it yet.

The beauty of android is the different hardware and software experiences available, nobody should be bashing any phones on here.

I think I saw that same article. It's funny how so many sites that are anti android will bash phones that they havent even used. Like I dont understand why people bash a phone I guess they just feel real bad about themselves so have to take it out on phones lmao.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Lots of people buy a certain phone and then don't want to hear about others phones being as good or better spec/software wise.

The only thing that is certain is that your phone will be edged out by something else. That's why it's important to get a phone with the features that matter to you and not to a benchmark.

Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Lots of people buy a certain phone and then don't want to hear about others phones being as good or better spec/software wise.

The only thing that is certain is that your phone will be edged out by something else. That's why it's important to get a phone with the features that matter to you and not to a benchmark.

Exactly if it works for you that is all that matters.

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it bad, that I won't trust specs until they are official.

As for bashing people because their choice in phones? Silly unless they like iPhones...then throw em to the sharks...

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it bad, that I won't trust specs until they are official.

As for bashing people because their choice in phones? Silly unless they like iPhones...then throw em to the sharks...

I don't get into that so much, if an iphone makes you happy, be happy.

shajan

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So I just called Motorola Mobility at the Plantation, Fl office (about 20 min from me) at 1-800-734-5870 and got a hold of someone at the Motorola Smartphone/Android area and they said the Bionic will be similar to the Photon with 4.3 screen and 1GB of ram( Apparently, that what the testers have here) . When I asked about the processor, he said that its confidential but will either be the 4430 or 4460. I'm not trying to pass bad info or stories of billboards, just ancy to know the specs and waiting for this like the next person for the past many months.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
This(^). Personal attacks on a person simply because of their preference of a phone is ludicrous.

"No one shall be discriminated against because of their race, gender, age, sexual orientation, or phone choice"... Should be a law somewhere...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I just called Motorola Mobility at the Plantation, Fl office (about 20 min from me) at 1-800-734-5870 and got a hold of someone at the Motorola Smartphone/Android area and they said the Bionic will be similar to the Photon with 4.3 screen and 1GB of ram( Apparently, that what the testers have here) . When I asked about the processor, he said that its confidential but will either be the 4430 or 4460. I'm not trying to pass bad info or stories of billboards, just ancy to know the specs and waiting for this like the next person for the past many months.

Heh, taking this info with a grain of salt, but it seems they delayed the Bionic only to include a webtop feature (thus the increase of ram and images of webtop performance.) No splash here if you ask me.

Still, it's gonna be a neat phone, but I think this is the reality we're going to need to face, sooner or later.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
4.3" screen and 1GB ram would be in line with the earlier leaks from (alleged) testers.

On the processor I'd love to seee the OMAP 4460, but I'm betting its 4430.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Heh, taking this info with a grain of salt, but it seems they delayed the Bionic only to include a webtop feature (thus the increase of ram and images of webtop performance.) No splash here if you ask me.

Still, it's gonna be a neat phone, but I think this is the reality we're going to need to face, sooner or later.

QQ

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
4.3" screen and 1GB ram would be in line with the earlier leaks from (alleged) testers.

I wonder if it would be possible to buy the 4460 from a special source, and then replace the 4430. Of course someone would have to be savvy with a soldering iron and some coding but imagine the possibilities.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it would be possible to buy the 4460 from a special source, and then replace the 4430. Of course someone would have to be savvy with a soldering iron and some coding but imagine the possibilities.

I've done the somewhat easy task of pulling apart a laptop and replacing the AC jack when it stops working/becomes desoldered. Even then it was a pain in a laptop due to the size restraints (compared to say a desktop, which I have zero issue building or fiddling with) - I couldn't even imagine doing it on a phone!

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've done the somewhat easy task of pulling apart a laptop and replacing the AC jack when it stops working/becomes desoldered. Even then it was a pain in a laptop due to the size restraints (compared to say a desktop, which I have zero issue building or fiddling with) - I couldn't even imagine doing it on a phone!

SMe here. I dont think id be able to do it. My hands shake too much for something so small and precise as a phone. Takes me forever for something like that.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

All information I have read states that the 4460 is just a "binned" version of the 4430. This was explained as they basically sort the chips as they come of the line and the "best" wafers become 4460s. This, theoretically, allows for faster processor speeds. I equate it to the OG Droid and how some of us can OC to 1.2-1.3Ghz while others can't.

So, bottom line is that the 4460 is not really "different" than the 4430, just the "cream of the crop" as it were.