10%? / Should I stay or should I go?

astralweeks

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if the Bionic is going to be another moto device that reads the battery in 10% increments. I have had the og droid since day one and frankly I am tired of it.

Also!! I have lately heard a lot of talk about the galaxy II on verizon (it's called the function I believe) should I be swayed or get the phone that everyone has been waiting forever for.

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just get the "battery left" widget in the app store. You can calibrate it to estimate remaining time and more. I use it on the og droid.

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's weird that the Xoom is the only Motorola device that shows battery percentage in 1% increments but the 10% wouldn't bother me too much.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope that your not just using this one easily rectifiable setting decide your next purchase either way. But since we do not even know what kind of Processor it has yet, little things like the pre installed battery app will not be known until it is just about released.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
anytime and i understand what you mean. never understood WHY they did that and think it is kind of dumb, but at lease Android being what it is, you have a large amount of choices to rectify just about any gripe, and most do not even require hacking.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if the Bionic is going to be another moto device that reads the battery in 10% increments. I have had the og droid since day one and frankly I am tired of it.

Also!! I have lately heard a lot of talk about the galaxy II on verizon (it's called the function I believe) should I be swayed or get the phone that everyone has been waiting forever for.

Hey, sooner or later it'll be rooted and you'll be able to use a ROM that allows you to toggle on a display with a numerical value of the percentage of juice left.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess her based on my line of work. (Vehicle development) To work out a battery meter that displayed in 1% and was accurate would be hard-think gas gauge. As you have seen in the app world they have them but they want you to calibrate to your phone and even then it may not be accurate. IMHO

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Really? Here's an idea. When you see it around 10%, plug it in.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It is by no means a deal breaker, i'm just kind of tired of it and felt like quasi-venting. Thanks hand o death i forgot the galaxy was not 4g.

The SG2 should be dropping as an LTE device. Problem is nobody knows when the release date is. If you can't wait pick up the Bionic if you can wait a couple months I'd hold off for the Galaxy S 2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The SG2 should be dropping as an LTE device. Problem is nobody knows when the release date is. If you can't wait pick up the Bionic if you can wait a couple months I'd hold off for the Galaxy S 2.

By that time you might as well just wait for what will be out around blacl friday and I wouldnt get your hopes up on it having lte. All the testers are saying it won't.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That type of precision on these phones just isn't going to happen. Even when using a third party app or rom that displays in 1% increments and even when battery stats are properly clear it isn't going to be truly accurate. The accuracy will also vary over time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome