Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 10%? / Should I stay or should I go?

I was just wondering if the Bionic is going to be another moto device that reads the battery in 10% increments. I have had the og droid since day one and frankly I am tired of it.

Also!! I have lately heard a lot of talk about the galaxy II on verizon (it's called the function I believe) should I be swayed or get the phone that everyone has been waiting forever for.

Just get the "battery left" widget in the app store. You can calibrate it to estimate remaining time and more. I use it on the og droid.

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 10%? / Should I stay or should I go?

Thanks, I have tried that before and found it to be not that accurate. I want it to be baked in.

I like the Circle Battery one on my DX very simple and even color coded

Oh and the SGS2 seems like a really good phone, but it seems it will not be LTE on VZW which is a deal breaker for me.

It's weird that the Xoom is the only Motorola device that shows battery percentage in 1% increments but the 10% wouldn't bother me too much.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the apps guys but I'm not looking for a way to bail out a boat, I want to know if the boat i'm shopping for will leak.

Well I hope that your not just using this one easily rectifiable setting decide your next purchase either way. But since we do not even know what kind of Processor it has yet, little things like the pre installed battery app will not be known until it is just about released.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It is by no means a deal breaker, i'm just kind of tired of it and felt like quasi-venting. Thanks hand o death i forgot the galaxy was not 4g.
    pwninobrlan likes this.

anytime and i understand what you mean. never understood WHY they did that and think it is kind of dumb, but at lease Android being what it is, you have a large amount of choices to rectify just about any gripe, and most do not even require hacking.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

I would hope that it wouldnt be a deal breaker just because the battery only shows in 10% increments lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goliathvince View Post
    I was just wondering if the Bionic is going to be another moto device that reads the battery in 10% increments. I have had the og droid since day one and frankly I am tired of it.

Also!! I have lately heard a lot of talk about the galaxy II on verizon (it's called the function I believe) should I be swayed or get the phone that everyone has been waiting forever for.
    Hey, sooner or later it'll be rooted and you'll be able to use a ROM that allows you to toggle on a display with a numerical value of the percentage of juice left.

ROM
    Stock

Just a guess her based on my line of work. (Vehicle development) To work out a battery meter that displayed in 1% and was accurate would be hard-think gas gauge. As you have seen in the app world they have them but they want you to calibrate to your phone and even then it may not be accurate. IMHO

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Really? Here's an idea. When you see it around 10%, plug it in.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I have just found the accuracy to be not that great to say the least. It jumps from 20 to 5 almost instantly.
    Last edited by goliathvince; 07-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

It is by no means a deal breaker, i'm just kind of tired of it and felt like quasi-venting. Thanks hand o death i forgot the galaxy was not 4g.
    The SG2 should be dropping as an LTE device. Problem is nobody knows when the release date is. If you can't wait pick up the Bionic if you can wait a couple months I'd hold off for the Galaxy S 2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    The SG2 should be dropping as an LTE device. Problem is nobody knows when the release date is. If you can't wait pick up the Bionic if you can wait a couple months I'd hold off for the Galaxy S 2.

By that time you might as well just wait for what will be out around blacl friday and I wouldnt get your hopes up on it having lte. All the testers are saying it won't.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I can wait but my droid is on it's last leg. It's been a great phone to tinker around with.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

That type of precision on these phones just isn't going to happen. Even when using a third party app or rom that displays in 1% increments and even when battery stats are properly clear it isn't going to be truly accurate. The accuracy will also vary over time

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

thanks wseyller. I thought as much.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Lol it feels like i am going to have this droid forever but I don't want to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post

I agree with you that its going to be LTE, but unless they confirm something before I get myself a Bionic, I'm definitely choosing the Bionic. If nothing else, Samsung would be smart to announce it as a 4g phone...build the hype, make people choose...

Samsung isn't going to miss out on the largest selling point this year...
    corymcnutt likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Lol it feels like i am going to have this droid forever but I don't want to settle.
    I dont think the bionic will be settling but if you think so then just hold out a few months longer see what else comes and then decide.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    By that time you might as well just wait for what will be out around blacl friday and I wouldnt get your hopes up on it having lte. All the testers are saying it won't.
    It's releasing in Canada July 21st so the US launch is not that far off. An August rollout is looking probable. In regards to LTE, the little birdies said it's definitely LTE. I'm not going to sign off on that but I wouldn't doubt if the info turned out to be right. Phandroid just picked the rumor up as well so I'm inclined to think there is some truth to it. We'll see.

Can't imagine Verizon releasing the most highly anticipated handset of the year as 3G. That would be idiotic.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by neowarcloud View Post

Samsung isn't going to miss out on the largest selling point this year...
    or Verizon. They sold 3 million units overseas. I'm pretty sure it's got the carriers attention
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

smart man play your cards wisely. Don't be impatient. If you have your sights set on a couple other things wait it off. The newness and excitement wears off real quick when you settle.

Worse case scenario you end up like me. Sitting on an upgrade for over a year lol. We share something in common, I won't settle. The hype beast never gets his claws in me. I've been in the game too long and have become jaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast