Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mjforte
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Default 3d?

Since the new blur is kind of 3d effects I wonder if there is any chance moto went with a 3d screen to try and add another feature to it? I know it was never said and probably won't It was just something I was thinking about. Anyone else curious about this?

Default Re: 3d?

I wondered about that myself from the couple of loose references there have been to a "3D BLUR" in the rumored specs. Honestly, I would think we would have heard more rumors relating to a 3D screen to try and rival the EVO 3D if that were the case. I don't really think that because the might label the BLUR as being "3D" it means the screen itself would be 3D capable......I have a HTC Touch Pro2 currently (POS WinMo OS) but I'm running a SPB Mobile UI instead of the Windows UI.....one of the SPB features is a "3D carousel" view of all the various "home screens" I can scroll through. I guess you can call it a "3D" effect, but the screen on my 2yr+ old phone is by no means a 3D display.

But here's to hoping they held back leaking info that it will be a 3D screen! How cool would that be?!?!?

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

I don't know if I like that idea :/ I have found the 3d screens make me dizzy. I don't think that moto would make their uberphone something that not everyone would like. Wouldn't that risk pushing more people away than bringing them in?

I doubt the Bionic will have a 3D screen but I think certain UI effects will have a 3D aspect to them. I'm not a fan of 3D screens but even if the Bionic had one I would be fine with it as long as you could turn the 3D off.
    Pratt4321 likes this.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

There's been leaked screenshots of the Motoblur 3D (or whatever you want to call it if they truly are ditching the Motoblur moniker), which is effectively what mjforte says above (3D-ish effects in the UI). I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is no 3d screen on the Bionic. I'd bet my house on it.

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

Quote Originally Posted by nrk View Post
    There's been leaked screenshots of the Motoblur 3D (or whatever you want to call it if they truly are ditching the Motoblur moniker), which is effectively what mjforte says above (3D-ish effects in the UI). I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is no 3d screen on the Bionic. I'd bet my house on it.
    With the way motorola has been with this phone lately, I wouldn't bet anything on anything to do with the Bionic
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt4321 View Post
    I don't know if I like that idea :/ I have found the 3d screens make me dizzy. I don't think that moto would make their uberphone something that not everyone would like. Wouldn't that risk pushing more people away than bringing them in?
    You could most likely turn it off. Its always nice to have something more. That's like saying youbdojt want 4g because you aren't in a 4g area lol.

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

Fair enough. I guess it would be really cool to video record in HD 3D

I have enough trouble seeing 1D letter as they have four or more ghost images. So to add 3D would really screw up what I see. Does it come with a lifetime supply of Prozac or 3D meds? I really like the 4.5" screen, I came from the OGD to the DX to??? If Aug 4th is release date we have about 22 days left in our anticipation of the best phone on the market at the moment.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flighinhigh View Post
    I have enough trouble seeing 1D letter as they have four or more ghost images. So to add 3D would really screw up what I see. Does it come with a lifetime supply of Prozac or 3D meds? I really like the 4.5" screen, I came from the OGD to the DX to??? If Aug 4th is release date we have about 22 days left in our anticipation of the best phone on the market at the moment.
    3d would mostly be just for pictures and that like on the evo 3d.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt4321 View Post
    With the way motorola has been with this phone lately, I wouldn't bet anything on anything to do with the Bionic
    Touche.