Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Droid Bionic Pricing

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • $199.99

14 8.75%
  • $249.99

39 24.38%
  • $299.99

107 66.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Droid Bionic Price Poll!

So what do think the price will be? I'm guessing. $299.99 like the Charge. Which I feel is over priced and I may just caugh the extra 300$ for retail.
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Default Re: Droid Bionic Price Poll!

Bionic's still coming, is defintely new hardware - XT875

pretty much the last 2-3 pages will set you up with this topic of discussion post #2634 on Page 264-266

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

you would be silly to think this won't cost 299

Quote Originally Posted by jmayer88 View Post
    This. But if u have a ne2 discount it will be 250
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmayer88 View Post
    Agree there is definitely no way it is $199 although I wish it was but verizon isnt that nice. Although they do seem to be making the prices lower for existing customers. I get a $50 discount on all phones and its not a NE2 so maybe they will make it $299 for new customers and $250 for existing customers? That would be nice if they did but im not holding my breath.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Sorry that thread is crazy long and I don't bother with it since there's no more new info except what is being reashed
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    Bionic's still coming, is defintely new hardware - XT875

pretty much the last 2-3 pages will set you up with this topic of discussion post #2634 on Page 264-266

Quote Originally Posted by spectre1006 View Post
    This. But if u have a ne2 discount it will be 250
    Or $270, as would be the case with me.
    pwninobrlan likes this.

I'm thinking $299.99

I assume $299 since I suspect the Bionic and Charge will be their top phones, I suspect Charge may even get a $50 cut. I'm more concerned about off contract price as I migth pick one up and hand my Charge to the gf.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
    I assume $299 since I suspect the Bionic and Charge will be their top phones, I suspect Charge may even get a $50 cut. I'm more concerned about off contract price as I migth pick one up and hand my Charge to the gf.
    I agree i think the charge will see a price cut once the bionic is out.

MAYBE Verizon will let it out at $250 because they made us wait so long? That would make it $200 after my NE2, which would be sweet. The D3 is $200 and has extra parts for keyboard; minus those out and add for LTE, and $250 is not unreasonable.
    Cory

$299,same as the Charge.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    $299,same as the Charge.
    This. If the charge can sell at 300 the bionic definitely will.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Charge to 249, Bionic 299. Sadly id still be a buyer at 349.

What makes anyone think that Verizon will cut the price as a favor to us since we had to wait so long? They've kept it quiet enough that it'll basically be a new device, most of the potential buyers are people that haven't heard of it as of now. While I agree that $299 is just ridiculous for a phone with a 2-year price, they sold the Charge at that and it did just fine. This is another top-level LTE Droid with more powerful hardware than the Charge, though the Charge will likely retain the advantage as far as the screen quality and battery life (still remains to be seen of course). I would expect that it'll drop in price a bit, but they want to sell a lot of Bionics so I wouldn't count on one right away.

Hopefully this $299 thing dies after these first-gen LTE devices. But I understand, the first devices had the most R&D costs and they're spreading out the costs of their new network. By the second generation of devices though, they should price them the same as other phones. But I would be shocked if they sold the Bionic cheaper than the Charge, considering the Charge sales are still quite strong.

Still, just because its $299 doesn't mean you actually have to pay that. If you're good at shopping around, finding price-matching, and/or have a NE2 available, you can get it a good bit cheaper. Hell, I got the Charge for $149 on upgrade a week and a half after it came out, you just gotta know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend-O View Post
    Or $270, as would be the case with me.
    :_( I called to see what I would get and im at $50.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
    What makes anyone think that Verizon will cut the price as a favor to us since we had to wait so long? They've kept it quiet enough that it'll basically be a new device, most of the potential buyers are people that haven't heard of it as of now. While I agree that $299 is just ridiculous for a phone with a 2-year price, they sold the Charge at that and it did just fine. This is another top-level LTE Droid with more powerful hardware than the Charge, though the Charge will likely retain the advantage as far as the screen quality and battery life (still remains to be seen of course). I would expect that it'll drop in price a bit, but they want to sell a lot of Bionics so I wouldn't count on one right away.

Hopefully this $299 thing dies after these first-gen LTE devices. But I understand, the first devices had the most R&D costs and they're spreading out the costs of their new network. By the second generation of devices though, they should price them the same as other phones. But I would be shocked if they sold the Bionic cheaper than the Charge, considering the Charge sales are still quite strong.

Still, just because its $299 doesn't mean you actually have to pay that. If you're good at shopping around, finding price-matching, and/or have a NE2 available, you can get it a good bit cheaper. Hell, I got the Charge for $149 on upgrade a week and a half after it came out, you just gotta know where to look.
    So where did you get that Charge? I hope I can still afford to buy it with my NE2, because I've been waiting since Apr 4 to upgrade and I won't till I get a Bionic.

My husband talked to a VZW Customer Service Supervisor about something else and he brought up the Bionic. After talking about it he told her that they should give customers a huge discount because there are customers leaving left and right. Customers are leaving because of the new data tiers and they're tired of over-paying for phones. He really filled her ears full and added that the biggest reason was because they announced it in Jan and were orig suppose to sell it in Apr but now we have to wait until Aug 8 months after announcing the Bionic. And he was going to wait like me to get the Bionic but couldn't. He was eligible to upgrade in Jan but his phone died and he had to settle for something he didn't want (which he had trouble with) because Bionic wasn't out yet. Already VZW is not being fair to the customers and it gets worse as we go along. I used to be glad I was with VZW because they were a good company but not so sure anymore.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by angelbowler View Post
    My husband talked to a VZW Customer Service Supervisor about something else and he brought up the Bionic. After talking about it he told her that they should give customers a huge discount because there are customers leaving left and right. Customers are leaving because of the new data tiers and they're tired of over-paying for phones. He really filled her ears full and added that the biggest reason was because they announced it in Jan and were orig suppose to sell it in Apr but now we have to wait until Aug 8 months after announcing the Bionic. And he was going to wait like me to get the Bionic but couldn't. He was eligible to upgrade in Jan but his phone died and he had to settle for something he didn't want (which he had trouble with) because Bionic wasn't out yet. Already VZW is not being fair to the customers and it gets worse as we go along. I used to be glad I was with VZW because they were a good company but not so sure anymore.
    How is Verizon not being fair and when did Verizon announce the Bionic was going to be out in April?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    MAYBE Verizon will let it out at $250 because they made us wait so long?
    How did Verizon make you wait?

Sent from my Droid

I have to agree with CK. Weren't most of the rumored release dates just that....rumors? Mind you July 28th/Aug 4th aren't solid facts either. Verizon didn't make any official announcements for the Bionic outside of the recent splash page as far as I remember.

Waiting for a device we heard about is not the same as Verizon making us wait for it.

ROM
    AOKP

The april release date was a leaked screen from Costco if I'm remembering right. Which means Verizon was telling their vendors it was coming but they never promised the public anything. Obviously Verizon had to change that date when Moto decided to scrap the XT865. So I would say Moto is to blame, but then again I commend moto for not giving us crap like HTC did with the Thunderbolt. Maybe moto learned from the Xoom that being first isn't synonymous with being successful/profitable. Scrapping a phone and starting over is not cheap. I'm just glad moto is applying what they've learned and at least trying to get it right before selling it to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    MAYBE Verizon will let it out at $250 because they made us wait so long? That would make it $200 after my NE2, which would be sweet. The D3 is $200 and has extra parts for keyboard; minus those out and add for LTE, and $250 is not unreasonable.
    Marketing has nothing to do with real costs, it is perceived value! There are plenty of things that are cheaper to make than others yet cost us more due to marketing. The 4G LTE automatically makes it carry a premium price and if it has 1GB of RAM you can be sure even if this thing cost then $10 to make they will price it at the high end. Look at iPads, the $200 jump to go from 16GB to 64GB, that costs Apple pennies to put that much more in.

I think it's going to be $299. I mean the Charge is that much and the Bionic is going to be better than it (hopefully). I have a NE2 $50 Discount so 250 sounds good. =]

i hope its 249.99 with ne2 200. it will probably be 299 like the charge or even 349. Might have to see what wirefly is carrying it for and see if its any cheaper than the ne2 way. It usually is after a few weeks of release. Doubt it but its worth a look
    angelbowler likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast