ITT: We're buying online "July 28th"

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Original Storm? I do not envy you at all, sir. Get this man a new phone, stat!
I was so desperate to get rid of my OG Storm that I ended up buying the X2 the day it was released by Best Buy. I couldn't wait any longer for the Bionic after the announced delay. If the Bionic is as good as rumored, I'll probably go ahead and fork over the money for it. The X2 is light years ahead of the Storm, but I've been waiting all year for this device. I just hope the Bionic is as good as advertised.

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Does Best Buy typically offer a pre-order? Will I be able to purchase through them IF it's out the 28th or do I have to go through VZ?
I was able to buy my X2 at Best Buy the day it was available for pre-order through VZV. So, maybe the the Bionic will be handled by Best Buy the same way. I like the fact that Best Buy has a 30-day return policy compared to the 14-day policy by VZW.

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was able to buy my X2 at Best Buy the day it was available for pre-order through VZV. So, maybe the the Bionic will be handled by Best Buy the same way. I like the fact that Best Buy has a 30-day return policy compared to the 14-day policy by VZW.

As far as I can tell, the Droid 3 was available for preorder on 7/7 but not at Best Buy till 7/14.

Lv#AC

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Hit to the bank account is right! I am buying mine off contract as my current contract is until April of 2012, so who knows what's going to be out by then, it will be a good tax write-off though.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
9 days and we have NOTHING official or concrete about it....I hate this...EVO 3D had a full review a month or so before its release.

Yeah it sucks. But I try to remember back, specifically the Charge, Rev., X2 and Droid 3. I try to make the case that most phones like the EVO 3D and say Photon all are announced a month or so before launch, But they are also on Sprint. With exception to the Thunderbolt maybe... this hasn't been the case with Verizon. They're rumored, announced and a week later, launched! But still I always thought there were more concrete leaks with the X2, Droid 3, Charge and Rev.

I just thought we'd have more concrete leaks of specs and photos.. we have nothing... nothing at all to go on. Hell we can figure out more on Apple's devices than this elusive Bionic. It's the Area !@#$ing 51 of Cell phones haha.

So here's to hoping phone is announced and released within a week of each other.

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I just thought we'd have more concrete leaks of specs and photos.. we have nothing... nothing at all to go on. Hell we can figure out more on Apple's devices than this elusive Bionic. It's the Area !@#$ing 51 of Cell phones haha.

I really am curious as to why Verizon is so much more tight lipped about this phone compared to it's others....i guess time will tell :-\

MrHug3

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I really am curious as to why Verizon is so much more tight lipped about this phone compared to it's others....i guess time will tell :-\

My guess is that they figured they screwed the pooch on the Etna, and they wanted to make sure that they have it good and tight this time around.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

They can afford to be more "mysterious;" they have the best network and most of us will not leave. Sprint and T-Mobile need to get the word out on any new device they may be getting to try and attract new customers or keep existing ones from jumping ship. It sucks, I know, but what can we do?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
They can afford to be more "mysterious;" they have the best network and most of us will not leave. Sprint and T-Mobile need to get the word out on any new device they may be getting to try and attract new customers or keep existing ones from jumping ship. It sucks, I know, but what can we do?

Very true.