ITT: We're buying online "July 28th"

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ha. Kind of funny a lot of us are upgrading from Tours. I guess it came out about 2 years ago. I feel very similar to UNC's complaints about the hourglass. Not to mention "browsing" the web (I use that term loosely on a BB).

So. Excited.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ha. Kind of funny a lot of us are upgrading from Tours. I guess it came out about 2 years ago. I feel very similar to UNC's complaints about the hourglass. Not to mention "browsing" the web (I use that term loosely on a BB).

So. Excited.

I had a tour loved the keyboard but hated how abysmal the web browsing was and always getting the gour glass.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope it wont be more expensive to buy it online rather then in store,it will still be the same price. Only difference will be waiting for it to hit your door step. Some third party retailers like wirefly or amazon could have it cheaper maybe by like $50 dollars or so but most of the time I just deal with verizon.

And third party retailers don't honor any NE2 or corporate discount (although I did see one post that Costco would do NE2 -- may need to check individual stores to confirm). For me, I have enough discounts through Verizon that it'd still be cheaper to go through them even if the upgrade price at Costco, Amazon, Wirefly, etc. is less that Verizon's (before discounts).

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a tour loved the keyboard but hated how abysmal the web browsing was and always getting the gour glass.

Another Tour user here. I got it the day it was released and have been using it ever since. It's been a great phone with the exception of web browsing, and I really like the keyboard too. That's the biggest thing for in going to an all-touchscreen phone. I hope I can adapt 'cause I don't particularly like the D3.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
And third party retailers don't honor any NE2 or corporate discount (although I did see one post that Costco would do NE2 -- may need to check individual stores to confirm). For me, I have enough discounts through Verizon that it'd still be cheaper to go through them even if the upgrade price at Costco, Amazon, Wirefly, etc. is less that Verizon's (before discounts).

I called vzw last night asking about my discount and the rep was willing to give me two free accessories if I ordered last night too. Im willimg to bet 3rd party might do the same thing too though. Of course when I told him I wanted the bionic, he had no info. For a rep though he was cool and we talked about the bionoc rumors for a bit. Still no info made me sad though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Me too! Mine has been a good phone, but I need more, MUCH MORE!

Yeah it served its purpose for the most part but its just not really up to snuff anymore and the daily resets and the freezing is just getting horridly old. Hence you will see me be one of the first with a bionic (from the store so I can get my NE2+2yr Pricing+Corporate Discount+$44 trade-in for my Storm 2).

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it served its purpose for the most part but its just not really up to snuff anymore and the daily resets and the freezing is just getting horridly old. Hence you will see me be one of the first with a bionic (from the store so I can get my NE2+2yr Pricing+Corporate Discount+$44 trade-in for my Storm 2).

Can everybody get $44 for trading in their Storm2?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm still debating if I'm going to get this phone on launch day or wait. I'm currently not in a 4G/LTE area yet, but VZW should turn it on by Sept/Oct. At least thats what I'm hearing. So I may wait it out till my town gets LTE, then get the best LTE android phone out.

I do travel to LTE areas quite often (Detroit, Chichago, NYC, and Denver this weekend) so, I don't know what to do?.?.?.....

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still debating if I'm going to get this phone on launch day or wait. I'm currently not in a 4G/LTE area yet, but VZW should turn it on by Sept/Oct. At least thats what I'm hearing. So I may wait it out till my town gets LTE, then get the best LTE android phone out.

I do travel to LTE areas quite often (Detroit, Chichago, NYC, and Denver this weekend) so, I don't know what to do?.?.?.....

If you don't have LTE yet (or until Sept/Oct), why buy it launch day...give it a couple weeks and read the reviews; unless you need a phone right away!

DF400ex

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
OG Storm --> Bionic right here.... ughhhhhhhhh - I can't get dragged out of hell any faster?!

Haha... I had that until I got my OG Droid the day it came out, what a difference.

My mother-in-law just started to use my Brother-in-law's original Storm to lock in the unlimited data (waiting for the bionic).

She calls me daily about how to uses it and has nothing but complaints... remember the days of old when the Storm was the s**t, man have times changed. She's sure in for a shock when she gets the Bionic, lol.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I went from the Storm 1 to the OG Droid to the Droid X. Every move was night and day in the positive direction. I've been lucky enough to be able to upgrade about every 10 months or so.

The upgrades are due to 2 lines that I have and use for upgrades. When I got my OG Droid, I added a second line to get it. I then moved a dumb phone to that line and gave it to my dad, and moved the OG Droid to my main line. This has worked out pretty good for me so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy