Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile ITT: We're buying online "July 28th"

I'm sold on this device. I finally got my hands on a dreaded pentile display today and thought it looked great. It helps when you don't have ridiculous expectations. I'll thoroughly enjoy showing it off to you guys when I get it in the mail. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the hit to my bank account
    spectre1006 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Default Re: ITT: We're buying online "July 28th"

Quote Originally Posted by UNC_Bball View Post
    I'm sold on this device. I finally got my hands on a dreaded pentile display today and thought it looked great. It helps when you don't have ridiculous expectations. I'll thoroughly enjoy showing it off to you guys when I get it in the mail. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the hit to my bank account
    I feel the same way can't wait to get one.
    kca2000 likes this.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Ive had my sights set on a new phone for months. Passed on the Verizon Iphone. Still with my Droid 1. I want LTE and Dual core and the bionic meets that. Cant wait. Unless this phone has horrible battery life, Day 1, Sold.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Ive had my sights set on a new phone for months. Passed on the Verizon Iphone. Still with my Droid 1. I want LTE and Dual core and the bionic meets that. Cant wait. Unless this phone has horrible battery life, Day 1, Sold.
    Well most likely you wouldn't know until a few days later when people get their hands on the phone.

ROM
    A little of this and that

+1 on day 1.

I've been planning to get it day 1 for a looonggg time, but I can't anymore =[

I will be pretty envious real soon

im getting it day one too. need to get rid of this storm 2

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    im getting it day one too. need to get rid of this storm 2
    I made the jump from that ship earlier this year and it was a jump and a half light years forward. Going to the bionic would have blown my mind. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    Well most likely you wouldn't know until a few days later when people get their hands on the phone.

Let me rephrase. Getting it on Day 1. But i will return it if Battery life is subpar in the first 2 weeks.

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

Actually don't a select few get the phone a few days early to play with like they did with the droid 3? So wouldn't we know before release day?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt4321 View Post
    Actually don't a select few get the phone a few days early to play with like they did with the droid 3? So wouldn't we know before release day?
    If you preorder you will get it a few days before it launches in stores.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by UNC_Bball View Post
    I don't see how expecting the pentile display to look at least as good as some other displays out there is a "ridiculous expectation".

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

So how does the preorder process work? I'm not sure if i am going to preorder or wait. Also, if I preorder the bionic and it is terrible, can i just return it within 14 days or do i have to exchange it for a different phone?

My gut reaction is to order this bad boy the moment it is released on the VZW site, but I think I will wait a bit (by a bit I mean a couple hours) and see if they offer free shipping like they did with the D3. Some lost out on free shipping because they ordered too quickly... Is it July 28th yet?...

I will be picking this phone up as soon as Costco carries it. Not because I'm planning on taking it back, but because they extend the warranty if I use my Costco AMEX.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debonu View Post
    My gut reaction is to order this bad boy the moment it is released on the VZW site, but I think I will wait a bit (by a bit I mean a couple hours) and see if they offer free shipping like they did with the D3. Some lost out on free shipping because they ordered too quickly... Is it July 28th yet?...
    I'm sure they will offer free shipping they seem to for most of their phones.

Congrats to those upgrading from BBerry. I had 2 BBerry's before, I actually really liked my Tour (as I traveled abroad) of course the phone broke before I went abroad on vacation.. When I came back I needed to get a new device and my brother handed me down his D1 in August, when he upgraded to the DX. Wow... I had no idea how much I missed out.

Of course my gf picks up a bold and I smack my forehead, but it was a gift, so she had no say (Why do parents never consult their kids when it comes to electronic devices? Mother Picked up the DX a week before the DX2 came out, haha). I wish she was on VZW or I'd just give her my D1 when I go to Bionic. But yeah, I wish the best for RIM, but Android and iOS just feels light years ahead of the other competition.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    Congrats to those upgrading from BBerry. I had 2 BBerry's before, I actually really liked my Tour (as I traveled abroad) of course the phone broke before I went abroad on vacation.. When I came back I needed to get a new device and my brother handed me down his D1 in August, when he upgraded to the DX. Wow... I had no idea how much I missed out.

Of course my gf picks up a bold and I smack my forehead, but it was a gift, so she had no say (Why do parents never consult their kids when it comes to electronic devices? Mother Picked up the DX a week before the DX2 came out, haha). I wish she was on VZW or I'd just give her my D1 when I go to Bionic. But yeah, I wish the best for RIM, but Android and iOS just feels light years ahead of the other competition.
    I'm still rocking my BB Tour. Got it the week it came out. Great phone for its time but I'm kind of getting tired waiting 5 seconds for it to unlock, waiting 15 seconds to skip to the next song (not even exaggerating) I have maybe 20 apps and it constantly pulls up a screen demanding I delete some because there's too little memory. Simply put I'll be the definition of a kid in a candy store when i get my hands on the bionic.

I also want to preorder, but I have no experience with doing this. I've been do for my upgrade since April waiting on this phone. Will it be more expensive then going into Verizon and buying it with my upgrade? My BB Tour is on its last leg and need a new phone ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssawd07 View Post
    I also want to preorder, but I have no experience with doing this. I've been do for my upgrade since April waiting on this phone. Will it be more expensive then going into Verizon and buying it with my upgrade? My BB Tour is on its last leg and need a new phone ASAP.
    Nope it wont be more expensive to buy it online rather then in store,it will still be the same price. Only difference will be waiting for it to hit your door step. Some third party retailers like wirefly or amazon could have it cheaper maybe by like $50 dollars or so but most of the time I just deal with verizon.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Ha. Kind of funny a lot of us are upgrading from Tours. I guess it came out about 2 years ago. I feel very similar to UNC's complaints about the hourglass. Not to mention "browsing" the web (I use that term loosely on a BB).

So. Excited.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrk View Post
    Ha. Kind of funny a lot of us are upgrading from Tours. I guess it came out about 2 years ago. I feel very similar to UNC's complaints about the hourglass. Not to mention "browsing" the web (I use that term loosely on a BB).

So. Excited.
    I had a tour loved the keyboard but hated how abysmal the web browsing was and always getting the gour glass.
    DolfanCole likes this.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmyth View Post
    Nope it wont be more expensive to buy it online rather then in store,it will still be the same price. Only difference will be waiting for it to hit your door step. Some third party retailers like wirefly or amazon could have it cheaper maybe by like $50 dollars or so but most of the time I just deal with verizon.
    And third party retailers don't honor any NE2 or corporate discount (although I did see one post that Costco would do NE2 -- may need to check individual stores to confirm). For me, I have enough discounts through Verizon that it'd still be cheaper to go through them even if the upgrade price at Costco, Amazon, Wirefly, etc. is less that Verizon's (before discounts).

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

I had a tour loved the keyboard but hated how abysmal the web browsing was and always getting the gour glass.
    Another Tour user here. I got it the day it was released and have been using it ever since. It's been a great phone with the exception of web browsing, and I really like the keyboard too. That's the biggest thing for in going to an all-touchscreen phone. I hope I can adapt 'cause I don't particularly like the D3.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    And third party retailers don't honor any NE2 or corporate discount (although I did see one post that Costco would do NE2 -- may need to check individual stores to confirm). For me, I have enough discounts through Verizon that it'd still be cheaper to go through them even if the upgrade price at Costco, Amazon, Wirefly, etc. is less that Verizon's (before discounts).
    I called vzw last night asking about my discount and the rep was willing to give me two free accessories if I ordered last night too. Im willimg to bet 3rd party might do the same thing too though. Of course when I told him I wanted the bionic, he had no info. For a rep though he was cool and we talked about the bionoc rumors for a bit. Still no info made me sad though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast