Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Why So Little Known?

    It has been over half of one year since i have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone. For most of that time I have visited this site and others reading what others much more knowledgeable than I have been posting about this device.

    What i find amazing is how little is known about one of the most anticipated devices of the year given its supposed launch date is only about two weeks from now.

    I am curious as to why you think so little is known about the Droid Bionic?

    david
  2. #2  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbermanmd View Post
    It has been over half of one year since i have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone. For most of that time I have visited this site and others reading what others much more knowledgeable than I have been posting about this device.

    What i find amazing is how little is known about one of the most anticipated devices of the year given its supposed launch date is only about two weeks from now.

    I am curious as to why you think so little is known about the Droid Bionic?

    david
    Because they want to keep it a secret duh lmao.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Maybe Motorola has a huge surprise for us that they are trying to keep a secret. That's my guess at least.
  4. #4  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Because everyone that knows anything isn't talking.........yet. My guess is the dam will burst shortly. I hope.
  5. #5  
    Tiguere's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Maybe Motorola has a huge surprise for us that they are trying to keep a secret. That's my guess at least.
    You a fool
  6. #6  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiguere View Post
    You a fool
    You're the fool. Great comment. Smh
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    You're the fool. Great comment. Smh
    I am just saying that there is little not known about most devices 2 weeks before their launch - the RAM, chip sets, display, UI and so on. And yet two weeks away from the Bionics release nothing is known,,, its all speculation.

    Is the reason because there are still problems with the device?

    It seems to me that they would want to divulge the specs on the Bionic to attract people who are in the market to purchase a device outside of the enthusiasts who are keeping track of it.
  8. #8  
    DF400ex's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbermanmd View Post
    It has been over half of one year since i have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone. For most of that time I have visited this site and others reading what others much more knowledgeable than I have been posting about this device.

    What i find amazing is how little is known about one of the most anticipated devices of the year given its supposed launch date is only about two weeks from now.

    I am curious as to why you think so little is known about the Droid Bionic?

    david
    It seems that Moto has taken some hints from the Cupertino guys on keeping their upcoming releases quiet
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbermanmd View Post
    I am just saying that there is little not known about most devices 2 weeks before their launch - the RAM, chip sets, display, UI and so on. And yet two weeks away from the Bionics release nothing is known,,, its all speculation.

    Is the reason because there are still problems with the device?

    It seems to me that they would want to divulge the specs on the Bionic to attract people who are in the market to purchase a device outside of the enthusiasts who are keeping track of it.
    The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.

    As for problems with the device, I'm guessing no. They've had waaaay too much time to perfect this thing to have any major problems at this point.
  10. #10  
    nrk
    nrk is offline
    nrk's Avatar

    Posts
    441 Posts
    ROM
    Kin3tx

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbermanmd View Post
    I am just saying that there is little not known about most devices 2 weeks before their launch - the RAM, chip sets, display, UI and so on. And yet two weeks away from the Bionics release nothing is known,,, its all speculation.

    Is the reason because there are still problems with the device?

    It seems to me that they would want to divulge the specs on the Bionic to attract people who are in the market to purchase a device outside of the enthusiasts who are keeping track of it.
    The reason is there was problems with the old device and now there's been changes. So you have information floating out there about the Bionic that was shown at CES and information on what is the new Bionic which will be released shortly. Some of it overlaps, some of it doesn't. I highly, highly, highly doubt there is anything wrong with the device, consider it's in final testing on VZW network. That generally speaking is mostly a formality since it's already gone through lots of testing prior to this.

    I think there's a pretty good chance you can call the specs right now on a lot of the issues you mention (Ram, Chipsets, display, UI):

    RAM: 1 GB
    Chipset: OMAP 4430
    display: 960 x 540 qHD 4.3"
    UI: Motoblur 3D (or whatever name Moto chooses to call it)
  11. #11  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    most likely won't have many problems they want to keep people wondering build more desire for it.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    most likely won't have many problems they want to keep people wondering build more desire for it.
    my only wish is that the battery be sufficient to last the day.

    thanks for everyone's input

    wishes for a great weekend to all

    david
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    It's gonna be the droid 3 with 512 more GB RAM, LTE and no keyboard.
  14. #14  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by ppeklak View Post
    It's gonna be the droid 3 with 512 more GB RAM, LTE and no keyboard.
    And a bigger screen
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by ppeklak View Post
    It's gonna be the droid 3 with 512 more GB RAM, LTE and no keyboard.
    Do you get the full GB normally or does it only use the extra for the web top? This has always been my question with the web top phones. I guess I am a web top noob.

    Looks like a great phone either way, 4.5" is just a little too massive for me if that is what it ends up being.
  16. #16  
    nrk
    nrk is offline
    nrk's Avatar

    Posts
    441 Posts
    ROM
    Kin3tx

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjataint View Post
    Do you get the full GB normally or does it only use the extra for the web top? This has always been my question with the web top phones. I guess I am a web top noob.

    Looks like a great phone either way, 4.5" is just a little too massive for me if that is what it ends up being.
    You'll get the full GB RAM "normally."

    On the 4.5" - recent rumors are that it's 4.3" instead of being 4.5, but while I'm pretty confident about the other stuff I'm only about 85% confident on that.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by UNC_Bball View Post
    The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.
    Hmmm I dunno. There could be some truth to this but I see the two phones reaching different users. At it's extremes, I see one saying "I have to have a physical keyboard!" vs the other saying "I have to have LTE!". Sure there will be some cannibalization, but I'm not so sure this is the primary reason for the lack of details.

    I guess I'd be in the camp that they want to release this device with a bang, since it will be going against that other all touch smart phone supposedly being announced in September. Creating mystery and speculation can be a powerful way to market a product.
  18. #18  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    If this thing is going to be released with a big bang, and be released for presale on the 28th, I would think we would start seeing some advertising on TV for it soon.

    I'm starting to think it wont be released that soon, or VZW isn't going to push this one that hard.

    Time will tell, and I hope he hear something soon.
  19. #19  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    When Bob from Wirefly does his hands on, I will start to get excited... Until then, I'm not holding my breath. After the DInc and TBolt fiascoes, I've learned my lesson waiting for phones...
    "In valor, there is hope."
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    It's been rumored that the Bionic is the Verizon version of the Photon for Sprint. We're likely to see the same features, and slightly different physical features.

    It's just amazing that they have already given the specs on the Photon, but not the Bionic.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by DF400ex View Post
    It seems that Moto has taken some hints from the Cupertino guys on keeping their upcoming releases quiet
    Even Cupertino comes out with info 2-3 weeks before launch. I hope this doesnt mean launch is closer to the end of August.

    I can't believe Motorola hasn't even announced the changes they're making for the Summer release. They spent no time releasing the Etna for all it was worth at CES.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    Even Cupertino comes out with info 2-3 weeks before launch. I hope this doesnt mean launch is closer to the end of August.

    I can't believe Motorola hasn't even announced the changes they're making for the Summer release. They spent no time releasing the Etna for all it was worth at CES.

    That might be true about the Etna, but for all intents and purposes it's a "3G" technology phone, which as been around for a while and mostly had all it's kinks worked out by now. It's mostly like that the issues had to do with the LTE since it's new technology and they wanted to make sure that they had as many of the issues ironed out ahead of time as they could. I really think there was something to say about Moto deciding to start making their own silicone for the LTE chips, sounds like whatever they had originally planned to use may not have been up to the standard they wanted.
  23. #23  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    Even Cupertino comes out with info 2-3 weeks before launch. I hope this doesnt mean launch is closer to the end of August.

    I can't believe Motorola hasn't even announced the changes they're making for the Summer release. They spent no time releasing the Etna for all it was worth at CES.
    Because speculation and not knowing build more hype and sometimes desire for a product.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmplxsmplcty View Post
    It's been rumored that the Bionic is the Verizon version of the Photon for Sprint. We're likely to see the same features, and slightly different physical features.

    It's just amazing that they have already given the specs on the Photon, but not the Bionic.
    The comment regarding the Photon makes for interesting speculation. The Photon is scheduled for release on 7/31. This is right at the same time as the rumored 8/4 Bionic release. Will there be two high end and SIMILIAR Moto phones released at the same time? Will Verizon release the Bionic to beat out Sprint? I guess we will find out!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Why So Little Known?

    Quote Originally Posted by UNC_Bball View Post
    The more info they give on the bionic, the more people will be willing to wait and skip on the D3. I'm not surprised they've been quite. I imagine we'll get a little something next week.

    As for problems with the device, I'm guessing no. They've had waaaay too much time to perfect this thing to have any major problems at this point.
    I think Moto and Verizon are masters at what they do - D3 just came out and both want it to sell well so they must keep a lid on the Bionic. Now they are different phones (slider vs touch, 3G vs LTE, Global vs Not) attracting a somewhat different customer, but the are also similiar in key areas (Dual-Core TI processor, qHD screen, Gingerbread, new 3D type Blur). By letting reviewers play with the D3, we get a taste of the workings of the Bionic, making us want it even more so. From the several videos the testers seem to love the new Blur, the 3D effects, the smoothness and speed of the 2.3, etc.; by looking that the 3D we can get a good idea about how the Bionic will work. They sell D3's and wet our appetite for the Bionic all at the same time.
    Cory
    kca2000 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B