Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bionic 9/1 release date?

Well some potentially bad news...seems Kellex at Droid Life has some insider information that the Bionic may not come out until 9/1. He says that the 4G Samsung slider may come out either late this month or next month and be the filler until the huge marketing campaign of the Bionic shows up. While I am very disappointed to hear this, I am pretty sure this matches up with what the release dates some of the insiders at HoFo were saying. They were all saying late August or early September so maybe it does make sense. I just don't get why Motorola is dragging their feet so much on releasing this phone. Isn't the iPhone coming in September too? They are going to have their work cut out for them is all I'm saying. You can find this info about the 9/1 release date (although nothing more than him stating it so) here :
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Default Re: Bionic 9/1 release date?

I find it hard to believe they will wait that long. Unless the leaked screen shot before was completely off I can't see it taking that long. Guess we will find out in a few weeks. The longer they wait the more i am inclined to wait and see if anything else is due out since some are saying the nexus is coming in Oct. Come on moto.
    Last edited by shipwrestler125; 07-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    jroc likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    I find it hard to believe they will wait that long. Unless the leaked screen sshot before was completely off I can't see it taking that long. Guess we will find out in a few weeks. The longer they wait the more i am inclined to wait and see if anything else is due out since some are saying the nexus is coming in Oct. Come on mmoto.
    Yeah the longer they wait the worse off they'll be. Pretty soon people will either get fed up and buy something else or by the time it's released we'll know about better phones coming soon and will skip the Bionic all together.
    jroc likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Yeah the longer they wait the worse off they'll be. Pretty soon people will either get fed up and buy something else or by the time it's released we'll know about better phones coming soon and will skip the Bionic all together.
    Yeah its not looking good for moto if this doesn't release in aug.

9/1?
    If the Bionic isnt coming out on the 4th of August.. f*** it. Hi Droid 3.

So much for LTE. =/
    cmorty72#AC likes this.

hate to say i tol..............
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cvballa3g0 View Post
    9/1?
    If the Bionic isnt coming out on the 4th of August.. f*** it. Hi Droid 3.

So much for LTE. =/
    I think if it doesn't come out until then and the Samsung is out I will just grab that. I mean nice screen, unlocked bootloader will be a win even if it is single core.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
    hate to say i tol..............
    I really dislike you right now ='[

Well, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

I think if it doesn't come out until then and the Samsung is out I will just grab that. I mean nice screen, unlocked bootloader will be a win even if it is single core.
    I'll consider this phone. If and only if it's dual core also and the 5mp camera is on par with the evo 3'ds 5mp camera
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I would get the Samsung slider also...only if it had a dual core. Why is Verizon releasing a rebranded Epic? Still say the Droid 3 should have been LTE instead of the Samung slider. While I am a huge fan of physical keyboards, you just don't see high end specs for phones with them anymore. They always skimp out of something. With the Droid 3 it's lack of RAM and no LTE and with this Samsung slider with only a single core. The Mytouch 4G slide actually has some decent specs, but it's on T-Mobile.

Well some potentially bad news...seems Kellex at Droid Life has some insider information that the Bionic may not come out until 9/1. He says that the 4G Samsung slider may come out either late this month or next month and be the filler until the huge marketing campaign of the Bionic shows up. While I am very disappointed to hear this, I am pretty sure this matches up with what the release dates some of the insiders at HoFo were saying. They were all saying late August or early September so maybe it does make sense. I just don't get why Motorola is dragging their feet so much on releasing this phone. Isn't the iPhone coming in September too? They are going to have their work cut out for them is all I'm saying. You can find this info about the 9/1 release date (although nothing more than him stating it so) here :
    it sounds like hes saying that the 9/1 release date is just his guess. It doesn't sound like an actual leaked release date at all.

Quote Originally Posted by adin99 View Post
    it sounds like hes saying that the 9/1 release date is just his guess. It doesn't sound like an actual leaked release date at all.
    No he's definitely saying 9/1. In the comments he makes that clear

Ahh crap guys............. idk if any of you read but remember how dablackmamba said that his GM told them to "prepare as if they we'rent getting either of the two flagship phones"......I think that might be him hinting that the bionic will be relesed later I mean of course we'll findout in a few weeks but this will be a hard blow to everyone if its true! And if it is....... hello iphone 4 til september bionic release!!
    Last edited by stfoley23; 07-16-2011 at 10:17 PM.

i dont believe it. i will hold out till the 7th and make my decision.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

9/1 now??? If this is true its going to ruin my August. Let me guess, last minute heat issues? Something not playing right with the LTE radio?

Im seriously getting sick of this s***

Sorry for that, i just really need a new phone.

ROM
    Stock

If there is nothing out by the end of august hello white iphone 4 45 day return window lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    9/1 now??? If this is true its going to ruin my August. Let me guess, last minute heat issues? Something not playing right with the LTE radio?

Im seriously getting sick of this s***

Sorry for that, i just really need a new phone.
    Everyone is. This is turning into a real fiasco if it is true. The longer it takes to release it the more I am having second thoughts and will now probably just wait anyway to see if it has any issues and what not.
    spectre1006 likes this.

I'm sick of waiting. I'd rather go with anything else at this point just because I'm pissed at moto/vz. If that samsung slider has dual core and 1gb ram I'm sold
    Pretty good member

... I just don't get why Motorola is dragging their feet so much on releasing this phone. ...
    I don't think they've been dragging their feet at all. So far it sounds like they've been fairly successful at expediting this phone ahead of schedule after the first Bionic was canceled.

Thanks, Robrecht

during q4, i can guarantee sammy and htc will have dual core phones on vzw.... shoot sony's xperia duo might be leaking by then.... i really like moto but they are definately gonna lose ground if they dont release this.
    Last edited by spectre1006; 07-16-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: meant during q4, not by q4
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aTeam View Post
    I'm sick of waiting. I'd rather go with anything else at this point just because I'm pissed at moto/vz. If that samsung slider has dual core and 1gb ram I'm sold
    even if it doesnt have dual core but has 1gb of ram I will really consider it. I mean the hummingbird flew in the gs1 it was just the limited ram that killed it. I think I am going to wait even when the bionic is launched just to see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by stfoley23 View Post
    Ahh crap guys............. idk if any of you read but remember how dablackmamba said that his GM told them to "prepare as if they we'rent getting either of the two flagship phones"......I think that might be him hinting that the bionic will be relesed later I mean of course we'll findout in a few weeks but this will be a hard blow to everyone if its true! And if it is....... hello iphone 4 til september bionic release!!
    i was thinking the same thing you were. but then he was saying about the aisle display. I'm confused.

Wow, if the Bionic's delayed until 09/01 that's going to be bad news for Motorola.

I was thinking the 07/28 launch date made sense because that's the same day Motorola's scheduled to release their Second Quarter Earnings - I'm betting Sanjay's going to need some good news to offset all the bad news Motorola's had so far this year.

If the 09/01 date proves to be true that's really stretching the "Summer" release that was promised months ago. Every day Motorola delays the launch of the Bionic is just one day less someone has to wait for the new Nexus with ICS.

you think that sammy phone is the stratosphere phil was talking about???

You guys the bionic is coming out either the 28th or the 4th of August. That 9/1 is the release of the SG2.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid4Life2012 View Post
    You guys the bionic is coming out either the 28th or the 4th of August. That 9/1 is the release of the SG2.
    i hope so. do you have anything to back that statement?
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast