Forget the BIONIC say hello Dinara!

Tiguere

Banned
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Dinara to Follow the DROID Bionic, May Be One of the First Android Super Phones?

There is this empty space for devices in 2011 after the DROID Bionic that needs to be filled, and we haven?t heard a peep about any of it from any of our sources. Well until now. We may have just received word on Moto?s next super or ?flagship? phone that is currently scheduled for a winter release and will surely fill up some ?space? or at the very least, bring in some good chatter.

We?ve been told that the Motorola Dinara (codename of course) is the next big thing. It?s still under development, but currently has an ?HD? screen, 13MP rear camera, VGA front, and an internal/non-removable battery. It will look almost identical to the Bionic in styling, but will end up as a much slimmer and lighter device. It?s running Gingerbread still since no one has Ice Cream Sandwich yet and should be here by this winter. No word on the processor or RAM.

Update: A couple of additional details have been mentioned to us: TI processor, 1GB RAM, bigger screen than the Bionic (same device size, but screen closer to the edge), lock button on the side (a la Samsung), and the internal battery has not been a problem.

There is a chance that it could end up on multiple carriers, but it?s currently being tested on Verizon?s network. We weren?t told if it?ll be 4G LTE or not ? how could it not be though?

Motorola Dinara to Follow the DROID Bionic, May Be One of the First Android Super Phones? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Should be moved to rumored devices section. Doubt this phone will really come out at the end of the year. I'm pegging it as a March release.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The strange thing is that Winston25 over at HOFO said that this is Def. NOT a VZW phone.

Motorola Droid Bionic "Targa" pre-release thread - Part 2 - Page 19

fone sex
Damnit, sorry guys, looks like my guy gave me wrong info. I had to tell him it wasn't the Bionic! After further examination looks like its a phone for ATT. If the Bionic is anything like this however I'm still on it. Here is what I was able to gather:

Model Number: MB886
Android Version: 2.3.4
Webtop Version: "Unknown"
Build Date: July 7, 2011

Possible name or code name: Dinara

Def 13 MP camera
Front facing camera
Power button is on the side
Rubberized back
Says "Dual Core technologies" at load screen
Super fast

Sorry again guys, I'm just as disappointed as you are.

Winston25
Yeah, that isn't for Verizon.

You guys beat me to the punch. It is weird that Kellex is saying it's currently being tested on VZW and we are being told by a reliable source that it is not.... Hrmm...

Last edited:
Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The strange thing is that Winston25 over at HOFO said that this is Def. NOT a VZW phone.

Motorola Droid Bionic "Targa" pre-release thread - Part 2 - Page 19

Sadly Kellex at droid life is filling everyones mind that it is coming to verizon and wont even update it when multiple people proved him wrong. Sad its all about making money and he will post everything he gets without doing some research into it. Probably another one of his trusty sources that he wont disclose lmao.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sadly Kellex at droid life is filling everyones mind that it is coming to verizon and wont even update it when multiple people proved him wrong. Sad its all about making money and he will post everything he gets without doing some research into it. Probably another one of his trusty sources that he wont disclose lmao.

Yeah I'm almost starting to question his credibility, which is sad because Droid Life is one of my favorite sources for Android news, especially pertaining to Verizon.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm almost starting to question his credibility, which is sad because Droid Life is one of my favorite sources for Android news, especially pertaining to Verizon.

Yes idk lately he seems like he just doesnt care and only wants to get as many articles on his site as possible. I used to frequent droid-life but with info like this leaking and he not even taking the time to check it out before hand kind of leaves me wondering how much other stuff he said is still credible.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming someone saw the Device was LTE (as in AT&T's new LTE service) and assumed it was for Verizon?? Or maybe it is for VZW and Winston25 doesn't know about it yet? is that possible?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Droidlife reminds me of the old BGR, but with less creditable insiders. And at least BGR used to own up when they were wrong.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming someone saw the Device was LTE (as in AT&T's new LTE service) and assumed it was for Verizon?? Or maybe it is for VZW and Winston25 doesn't know about it yet? is that possible?
Yes thats probably exactly what happened and no Winston would know about it. Guaranteed.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes thats probably exactly what happened and no Winston would know about it. Guaranteed.

Agree winston has been testing phones for im sure awhile and I would assume they would tell him what network it was on so he could test it out. I just think it is laziness on Kellex's part.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not to get on the droid life suspect info bandwagon, but maybe the Sept date can be considered suspect too now?

If that phone was to come to Verizon, and the Bionic is coming in Sept, I could easily wait til next year for that phone. Sept....next year is right around the corner. This is my last upgrade discount too? I wanna make it count.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just as well. Couldn't use a phone without spare batteries. Don't care much about the FFC, but VGA seems way too low for this rumored device.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Kind of wish this was the new Bionic after a 4 month delay. Damn Verizon and their 2 year contracts and better phones coming out in 4 month intervals.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Kind of wish this was the new Bionic after a 4 month delay. Damn Verizon and their 2 year contracts and better phones coming out in 4 month intervals.

It's going to be a nice follow up to the Atrix thats for sure. Verizon is the worst when it comes to equipment. All the latest and greatest are truly the latest and greatest...on OTHER carriers :)

I've been seriously considering moving over to Sprint. The ONLY thing that is keeping me here (Verizon) is the GS2. Depending on what transpires over the next couple months I may be dumping Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund