Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Default Forget the BIONIC say hello Dinara!

Motorola Dinara to Follow the DROID Bionic, May Be One of the First Android Super Phones?

There is this empty space for devices in 2011 after the DROID Bionic that needs to be filled, and we havent heard a peep about any of it from any of our sources. Well until now. We may have just received word on Motos next super or flagship phone that is currently scheduled for a winter release and will surely fill up some space or at the very least, bring in some good chatter.

Weve been told that the Motorola Dinara (codename of course) is the next big thing. Its still under development, but currently has an HD screen, 13MP rear camera, VGA front, and an internal/non-removable battery. It will look almost identical to the Bionic in styling, but will end up as a much slimmer and lighter device. Its running Gingerbread still since no one has Ice Cream Sandwich yet and should be here by this winter. No word on the processor or RAM.

Update: A couple of additional details have been mentioned to us: TI processor, 1GB RAM, bigger screen than the Bionic (same device size, but screen closer to the edge), lock button on the side (a la Samsung), and the internal battery has not been a problem.

There is a chance that it could end up on multiple carriers, but its currently being tested on Verizons network. We werent told if itll be 4G LTE or not how could it not be though?

Motorola Dinara to Follow the DROID Bionic, May Be One of the First Android Super Phones? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Default Re: Forget the BIONIC say hello Dinara!

Should be moved to rumored devices section. Doubt this phone will really come out at the end of the year. I'm pegging it as a March release.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

I heard it was an AT&T handset not Verizon.
    jroc likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Yes it is for at&t fone sex on howard forum said it. So go ahead and wait you will be waiting even longer than for the bionic lmao.

I heard the same

Yep same here. Winston on HoFo said it was AT&T.

The strange thing is that Winston25 over at HOFO said that this is Def. NOT a VZW phone.

Motorola Droid Bionic "Targa" pre-release thread - Part 2 - Page 19

fone sex
    Damnit, sorry guys, looks like my guy gave me wrong info. I had to tell him it wasn't the Bionic! After further examination looks like its a phone for ATT. If the Bionic is anything like this however I'm still on it. Here is what I was able to gather:

Model Number: MB886
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Webtop Version: "Unknown"
    Build Date: July 7, 2011

Possible name or code name: Dinara

Def 13 MP camera
    Front facing camera
    Power button is on the side
    Rubberized back
    Says "Dual Core technologies" at load screen
    Super fast

Sorry again guys, I'm just as disappointed as you are.
    Winston25
    Yeah, that isn't for Verizon.

You guys beat me to the punch. It is weird that Kellex is saying it's currently being tested on VZW and we are being told by a reliable source that it is not.... Hrmm...
    Last edited by Jasper; 07-19-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: update
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    The strange thing is that Winston25 over at HOFO said that this is Def. NOT a VZW phone.

Motorola Droid Bionic "Targa" pre-release thread - Part 2 - Page 19
    Sadly Kellex at droid life is filling everyones mind that it is coming to verizon and wont even update it when multiple people proved him wrong. Sad its all about making money and he will post everything he gets without doing some research into it. Probably another one of his trusty sources that he wont disclose lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    Sadly Kellex at droid life is filling everyones mind that it is coming to verizon and wont even update it when multiple people proved him wrong. Sad its all about making money and he will post everything he gets without doing some research into it. Probably another one of his trusty sources that he wont disclose lmao.
    Yeah I'm almost starting to question his credibility, which is sad because Droid Life is one of my favorite sources for Android news, especially pertaining to Verizon.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    Yes it is for at&t fone sex on howard forum said it. So go ahead and wait you will be waiting even longer than for the bionic lmao.
    I'm in no rush for anything. I will wait until 2012 without batting an eyelash. I'm the hunter not the hunted
    robwilldominate likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Yeah I'm almost starting to question his credibility, which is sad because Droid Life is one of my favorite sources for Android news, especially pertaining to Verizon.
    Yes idk lately he seems like he just doesnt care and only wants to get as many articles on his site as possible. I used to frequent droid-life but with info like this leaking and he not even taking the time to check it out before hand kind of leaves me wondering how much other stuff he said is still credible.
    Pixel and droidify like this.

I am assuming someone saw the Device was LTE (as in AT&T's new LTE service) and assumed it was for Verizon?? Or maybe it is for VZW and Winston25 doesn't know about it yet? is that possible?

Droidlife reminds me of the old BGR, but with less creditable insiders. And at least BGR used to own up when they were wrong.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am assuming someone saw the Device was LTE (as in AT&T's new LTE service) and assumed it was for Verizon?? Or maybe it is for VZW and Winston25 doesn't know about it yet? is that possible?
    Yes thats probably exactly what happened and no Winston would know about it. Guaranteed.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Yes thats probably exactly what happened and no Winston would know about it. Guaranteed.
    Agree winston has been testing phones for im sure awhile and I would assume they would tell him what network it was on so he could test it out. I just think it is laziness on Kellex's part.

Hate to say this, but:

Goodbye Dinara, hello whatever phone is rumored after the Dinara.

You can't wait forever.
    jroc and kca2000 like this.

Not to get on the droid life suspect info bandwagon, but maybe the Sept date can be considered suspect too now?

If that phone was to come to Verizon, and the Bionic is coming in Sept, I could easily wait til next year for that phone. Sept....next year is right around the corner. This is my last upgrade discount too? I wanna make it count.
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Just as well. Couldn't use a phone without spare batteries. Don't care much about the FFC, but VGA seems way too low for this rumored device.

Kind of wish this was the new Bionic after a 4 month delay. Damn Verizon and their 2 year contracts and better phones coming out in 4 month intervals.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    Kind of wish this was the new Bionic after a 4 month delay. Damn Verizon and their 2 year contracts and better phones coming out in 4 month intervals.
    It's going to be a nice follow up to the Atrix thats for sure. Verizon is the worst when it comes to equipment. All the latest and greatest are truly the latest and greatest...on OTHER carriers

I've been seriously considering moving over to Sprint. The ONLY thing that is keeping me here (Verizon) is the GS2. Depending on what transpires over the next couple months I may be dumping Verizon.

It's going to be a nice follow up to the Atrix thats for sure. Verizon is the worst when it comes to equipment. All the latest and greatest are truly the latest and greatest...on OTHER carriers

I've been seriously considering moving over to Sprint. The ONLY thing that is keeping me here (Verizon) is the GS2. Depending on what transpires over the next couple months I may be dumping Verizon.
    Yeah that's always been Big Red's strategy. Worry about the network, not the phones. At least we can say it has worked for them, being the largest and fastest network. I know plenty of people with AT&T and Sprint (my GF has Sprint) and she gets dropped calls, AT&T suffers horribly. Though I have been tempted by the phones of Sprint and moved over. But I'm locked into unlimited data with Verizon, so I'll at least give their 4G a go on a delayed phone.

So I commend Verizon on their network! But still how hard is it to get some cutting edge phones! haha.

I think a lot of us were expecting some real change from Verizon when the Droid came out. I feel everything from Verizon is top notch except their phones. When AT&T has a better selection of Android devices than you something is wrong. I mean, they were pretty much anti-android up until very recently.

Also: Where is that "Best Network; Best Phones" philosophy they had going?
    jroc and GBH2 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    I think a lot of us were expecting some real change from Verizon when the Droid came out. I feel everything from Verizon is top notch except their phones. When AT&T has a better selection of Android devices than you something is wrong. I mean, they were pretty much anti-android up until very recently.

Also: Where is that "Best Network; Best Phones" philosophy they had going?
    I think you have to give them sometime for the OEM's to get phones tweaked to work best with LTE. Remember it still is a very young tech I think in a year or so once LTE has more of the kinks worked out and the manufacturers get their chips down pat more phones will pop up and more higher end phones not just place holders like these LTE phones were.
    terpitude71 and jroc like this.

Yeah Verizon thinks they can throw an LTE radio in a phone with old specs and call it something new and charge a premium for the phone at the same time. Seems like last year they had nice phones but have really been slacking this year.
    jroc likes this.

I read the phones name as diarrhoea at first..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast