Thinking about breaking down and just getting the droid 3

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
With no signs of the bionic I'm considering leaving in the next half hour and heading to the verizon store and getting the d3.

Someone talk me out of it!

Help!

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Why talk you out of it? The Droid 3 is pretty darn nice. I think it's a GREAT phone for people.

Keyboard is awesome and I think the build quality is excellent. I say get it you won't be disappointed.

Then again if you can wait then wait if not you are making a GREAT purchase.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it! !!! You've waited this long, what's two or three more weeks. Just hold on a little bit longer. Then lte and a gig of ram. It'll be worth it

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
You're making me feel a lot better. I don't think I need 4g and its not available in my school's area anyway (which I'll be going back to in Aug.) I kind of want a keyboard and I'm not too concerned about less ram. Looks like I'll be heading out in 5. Thanks guys

90gsx

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You're making me feel a lot better. I don't think I need 4g and its not available in my school's area anyway (which I'll be going back to in Aug.) I kind of want a keyboard and I'm not too concerned about less ram. Looks like I'll be heading out in 5. Thanks guys
I would wait a few more days, that way if your not completely happy with the D3 you can return it under the 15 day return policy and get the bionic if it comes out on the 4th

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I pity the foo' that breaks down from waiting this long! Wait a lil longer, foo'! Won't kill ya to wait a little longer, It's not like getting on a plane!

mtva24#WN

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I broke down and ordered one online last night...it should be here by tomorrow...The only real drawback i am expecting is the 512 mb ram. No 4g LTE in Richmond, VA, and we won't have it by the end of the year so the 4g isn't a big deal to me. Also the Bionic is gonna be like a tablet, I would feel like a fool hauling that thing around. 4.3 was pushing it, but i was turned off as soon as I heard it would be 4.5. I here the droid 3's display isn't that great, anybody know if it will be more polished on the bionic?

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I broke down and ordered one online last night...it should be here by tomorrow...The only real drawback i am expecting is the 512 mb ram. No 4g LTE in Richmond, VA, and we won't have it by the end of the year so the 4g isn't a big deal to me. Also the Bionic is gonna be like a tablet, I would feel like a fool hauling that thing around. 4.3 was pushing it, but i was turned off as soon as I heard it would be 4.5. I here the droid 3's display isn't that great, anybody know if it will be more polished on the bionic?

it was never confirmed to be 4.5. That is still a gray spot that people arent sure about.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0o!!!!!! Doooooonnnnttttt dooooooo itttttttt.!!! *sucks you can't make typing sound slow motion LOLZ*

LOL. If I didn't know any better it looks like CK lurked over from his SGS2 forums and talked someone out of a Bionic. Don't get me wrong the D3 is nice and my wife likes hers but if this guy has been waiting for bionic and in a weak moment gets pushed to something he wasn't origionally waiting for......well.....2 weeks away is 2 weeks away.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon forcing 2-year contracts, I have to recommend getting 4G capable phones at this point. By 2013 or earlier 4G will be your ONLY option and 3G will end.

Best to stay safe, but simply my opinion. If you have to do it, D3 is your best bet.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
With Verizon forcing 2-year contracts, I have to recommend getting 4G capable phones at this point. By 2013 or earlier 4G will be your ONLY option and 3G will end.

Best to stay safe, but simply my opinion. If you have to do it, D3 is your best bet.

3g won't end it will be around for awhile yet 4g is still very young and they don't have much strain on it yyet to see how it will really handle the increased load so 3g phones will still be around then. I wouldnt get a 3g phone but some will.

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
okay obviously its coming out within the next 2-6 weeks. It also doesn't have that much over d3, it has more ram and 4g. Big deal, I don't have 4g in my area. I'd rather have the keyboard.

You just answered your own question. If you'd have rather a keyboard over ram and 4g then why make this thread? Just go buy the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

aTeam

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
People complaining about the screen, about the camera flash, sluggishness in the ui.

I have to say the screen is great. I do notice some ghosting and odd pixelation in the greens but overall I love it
I haven't tried the camera flash yet. I think the ui is plenty fast though

Reactions: pwninobrlan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34