Price Tag! :-(

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
[removed by moderator]

Is someone having a bad day? Relax its not worth it to get all worked up over a phone. You will always get people who say something you don't like. If you can't handle that be weary of posting anything on forums because you never know who visits them and will make you rant aand use poor grammar in your frustrations.

Last edited by a moderator:

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Was expecting this to be $299 from the start. All of the 4G phones have started out there. For me I am not worried about the pinch because if you want decent tech you are going to have to pay for it. At least if the OP plans on waiting for SGSII they should have a lighter price tag since it won't have 4G LTE. Not to mention my last NE2 and 15% corporate discount will ease the pain and I get $44 for trading in my BB Storm 2. $299 is just fine for the bionic and I will be happy to hand over the money.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Was expecting this to be $299 from the start. All of the 4G phones have started out there. For me I am not worried about the pinch because if you want decent tech you are going to have to pay for it. At least if the OP plans on waiting for SGSII they should have a lighter price tag since it won't have 4G LTE. Not to mention my last NE2 and 15% corporate discount will ease the pain and I get $44 for trading in my BB Storm 2. $299 is just fine for the bionic and I will be happy to hand over the money.

LOL - heck I'd think your willing to INCREASE the cost by $44 just for them to take that BB Storm 2 of your hands!

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would have liked to pay less, but $299 is fine with me. If it's too rich for anyone, just get a different device.

Exactly

We all had to expect them to release this phone for at least the $299 price tag since the Charge was released at that. I mean they did away with 1 year contracts so they can sell you a 2 year contract at the 1 year price.

ltfrazer

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wait a few weeks after the release and the price will come down. You can already find the Droid3 on sale and it's only been out for about a month.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
True but if they built a quality product to begin with they wouldn't have anything to worry about now would they? :D

But VZW doesn't build any of the products. I am just left wondering how much they pay all those great testers they have. Everyone always talks about the rigorous testing VZW does to the phones before they approve them...

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
But VZW doesn't build any of the products. I am just left wondering how much they pay all those great testers they have. Everyone always talks about the rigorous testing VZW does to the phones before they approve them...

your guess would be as good as mine. Either way I don't look a gift horse in the mouth and will gladly take my $44 trade-in credit for this POS storm 2 and go buy some accessories for the bionic when I get it. :D

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
First of all, we get an upgrade every 20 months, not 24. In my experience, today's handsets are made so cheap they don't last 20 months. I have never had one last more than a year. Whether the moving parts (buttons/switches) or electronics fail - the phones are mostly cheap electronics mass produced in China for pennies. The only exception may be the processors and display. I would exclude the Moto pentile display - I have one in the DX2 and it is junk.

Phones will last 2 years if you take care of them. When they don't, it usually means the user is doing something wrong. Also to say phones are made cheaper now is ridiculous. Most phones these days, especially motorola have excellent build quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo