Price Tag! :-(

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I might just have to wait for the SGS2 even if it may not be 4g but $300 for a phone that's almost $400 after activations and taxes are thru but that's almost as much as some phones off contract! But whatever verizon but I'm not sure yet ill just have to wait and see

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand what your saying, but at the end of the day were talking a difference of $100 max. Plus you will get LTE DB. I cant see the SG2 being less then 199 at launch. Not worth it to me to let 100$ decide on a device ill have for 2 years. Just my opinion.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I think I might just have to wait for the SGS2 even if it may not be 4g but $300 for a phone that's almost $400 after activations and taxes are thru but that's almost as much as some phones off contract! But whatever verizon but I'm not sure yet ill just have to wait and see

Kind of a pointless thread. If you think the SGSII with LTE is going to be any cheaper then you are mistaken.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a pointless thread. If you think the SGSII with LTE is going to be any cheaper then you are mistaken.

If the thread was so pointless why did you visit AND COMMENT on it and I didn't say that I thought the galaxy s 2 was gonna hve lte and I espcially didn't say that it was gonna be any cheaper so go be negative and post "kind of pointless thread" somewhere else.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am in the wrong forum, I could swear I only come to the Bionic forum but half of the posts are about SGS2....:mad:

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just saying...but since big red has gone to tiered data, there should no longer be a premium for 4GLTE...

I say this knowing full well big red will just go ahead and charge $300 for this because they can...and will

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That extra $100.00 is just a drop in the bucket when you look at the total cost of your phone over the life of a 2 year contract. If you want the latest, you are going to pay a little bit more.

$100.00/24 months ~ $4.17/month more.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why so many seem supprised at the price! Tbolt, and charge are both over 199, and they arnt flagship! Lte radios are new and therefore cost more. U really didn't think smartphones would stay at 199 forever did ya. Being on the bleeding edge of smartphone tech. Will cost ya. Common sense?????

Reactions: adinofaries

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why so many seem supprised at the price! Tbolt, and charge are both over 199, and they arnt flagship! Lte radios are new and therefore cost more. U really didn't think smartphones would stay at 199 forever did ya. Being on the bleeding edge of smartphone tech. Will cost ya. Common sense?????

What's sad IMO is that this had to be explained...maybe I'm just a geek lol.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Given the poor pentile display the Bionic is going to have, its worth waiting for the SG2 just to get a decent display, not to mention a thinner and lighter phone that runs reliably. Moto's phones (and I have had 4 Droids recently) run like crap. Their GB update for the DX crippled it.

Moto - unreliable, poor display, bulky. How does that justify a price $100-$200 higher than existing phones??

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
The TBolt and Charge pricing dropped quickly. The $300 would be more of a new adopter premium. Cell phone component prices are dropping and VZW's monthly charges are going up to subsidize cheaper and cheaper handsets. Therefore, we should expect prices to drop below $199, not go above.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I understand what your saying, but at the end of the day were talking a difference of $100 max. Plus you will get LTE DB. I cant see the SG2 being less then 199 at launch. Not worth it to me to let 100$ decide on a device ill have for 2 years. Just my opinion.
First of all, we get an upgrade every 20 months, not 24. In my experience, today's handsets are made so cheap they don't last 20 months. I have never had one last more than a year. Whether the moving parts (buttons/switches) or electronics fail - the phones are mostly cheap electronics mass produced in China for pennies. The only exception may be the processors and display. I would exclude the Moto pentile display - I have one in the DX2 and it is junk.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Given the poor pentile display the Bionic is going to have, its worth waiting for the SG2 just to get a decent display, not to mention a thinner and lighter phone that runs reliably. Moto's phones (and I have had 4 Droids recently) run like crap. Their GB update for the DX crippled it.

Moto - unreliable, poor display, bulky. How does that justify a price $100-$200 higher than existing phones??

There's a forum for that.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't hard to see that price tag coming. When I was on the fence about whether or not to get the D3 or wait for the Bionic to launch, the thing that made me finally decide to go with the D3 was my gut feeling that the Bionic was going to be $100 more and I didn't really want to pay that premium for 1st Gen LTE tech.

This (and all of the other LTE phones) are simply priced for anyone who absolutely MUST have LTE now and will accept no substitute. For that group of people, the $100 extra is an acceptable price of entry. If it's not acceptable to you, then maybe you're not one of those people. ;-)

-SR-

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I never kept up to date on phone tech until I started researching the Bionic a few weeks ago and I even knew it was going to have a 299 price tag. If they offer the T-Bolt at 299 they sure as hell are going to put a superior phone at that price

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Weren't the Thunderbolt and Revolution available for $250 on first release? As far as I remember, only the Charge was released at the $299 price point.

That would be correct. But that's at Verizon. I believe some 3rd party retailers may have had a slightly cheaper price, but I don't recall exactly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon