Who Is Going To Try PdaNet On The Bionic?

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I use it now... if there is a better way I'd sure migrate that to the Bionic. I can't see how VZW justifies charging monthly for tethering and hotspots, we already pay for the data... That's like if the cable company started charging you more to use a router.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,

I use it on my OGD1 in a pinch but have a friend with an Atrix and it Flat out will not do it. We have jumped through every hoop possible. And yes, we installed it on the PC first among other attempts.

so, I hope it works on the Bionic.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a stick in the mud....Just add WiFi tethering to your account. Anything else violates your TOS.

I pay over $4,000 per year to Verizon. I LOVE violating my TOS whenever humanly possible. Driving 66 in a 65 zone violates your states law, but I'd bet that you do without remorse every single day.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah....i'm gonna add an additional $30 a month to the $200 I already pay verizon just for kicks :-\ I already pay for unlimited data so I'm going to use it.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I will use it at first if the other tethering apps don't work with the kernel. Normally I used "Wired Tether" but I've seen it not work on certain kernels on certain phones.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
who cares? Were paying for the data already

Well, most likely Verizon cares. You can justify to yourself a thousand different ways but the fact remains that you are violating your TOS and if Verizon ever decides to do anything about it I expect all you 'I pay for unlimited data I will do what I want' people out there to take whatever they do to you without any whining or complaining about it.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I pay over $4,000 per year to Verizon. I LOVE violating my TOS whenever humanly possible. Driving 66 in a 65 zone violates your states law, but I'd bet that you do without remorse every single day.

Yes, I do on occasion speed. However I am fully prepared to face the consequences of my actions should I get caught. I hope you are as well for violating your contract.

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
This is not an ethics discussion about tethering, so let's not turn it into one.

Yeh, I know its a matter of time before they figure out how to block it. I will try it first thing though and report.

I know AT&T is getting nasty about it and if Verizon were smart they would back off and watch the consumers migrate over.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually, when gingerbread went live verizon started putting a block up asking you to buy their tethering package. They didn't ask for any restitution so I think its safe to say they aren't too concerned about it. I also notice that the new Bionic dock has usb ports for a keyboard/mouse and it has a mirror mode......isn't that same as tethering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20