Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Castor Troy
  • 1 Post By edejon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MB865 in AT&T computer system

Blake over at intomobile ran across something interesting as hell. Have a read if you haven't AT&T getting its own version of the Motorola Droid Bionic?

Of course it got us digging around to see what we could see, and I ran across this:

Motorola Atrix user guide (.pdf from Motorola)

Open it, and look closely at page 49. The "device name" for the Atrix BT connection is MB865

This could all be a series of typos. I can't make sense of it, and rather than just guess, I throw it out to you guys to dissect
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Possibly the Dinara

Sent from my Droid
    jroc likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Default Re: MB865 in AT&T computer system

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Possibly the Dinara

Sent from my Droid
    Who cares at&t will ruin it like they did with the atrix lol

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Possibly the Dinara

Sent from my Droid
    I'd bet its the new version of the Atrix thats supposedly being shipped out...
    Last edited by neowarcloud; 07-25-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell...

Quote Originally Posted by neowarcloud View Post
    I'd bet its the new version of the Atrix thats supposedly being shipped out...
    That would be my guess too. IIRC they are sending updated Atrix's out to all the stores.

Jerry. Its page 47 on my PC. :P

I wouldn't look to much into it. Verizon will definitely have exclusivity on the DROID BIONIC. And the new DROID BIONIC's model number is XT875. Not 865 anymore.

So this is either just a upgraded Atrix, or some other random thing. But not the DROID BIONIC.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4, 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    Who cares at&t will ruin it like they did with the atrix lol
    The Atrix is an awesome phone, especially now that it is on 2.3.4. It is EASILY a top 5 phone of all android phones ever released, and a top 3 phone released thus far in 2011. AT&T was guilty of didabling hsdpa, but besides that, they didn't do much to "ruin" the Atrix!
    crashybear likes this.

I bet that info/screenshot/etc... was taken back when the ORIGINAL bionic (XT865) was still around in the back room
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

uh Man , Im about to get an ATRIX !!!
    Should I wait then ?
    I really like the current Atrix , but an upgraded ATRIX is welcome

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edejon View Post
    The Atrix is an awesome phone, especially now that it is on 2.3.4. It is EASILY a top 5 phone of all android phones ever released, and a top 3 phone released thus far in 2011. AT&T was guilty of didabling hsdpa, but besides that, they didn't do much to "ruin" the Atrix!
    Thats being pretty generous...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Searching for it on Google states it's an LTE Atrix for ATT. Lol, Bionic on the different carriers. Why not just call it the Motorola Phonix.(PHOton, bioNIc, atriX)

PS I'm really bummed right now. I was under the impression that this phone was the exclusive flagship of epic proportion destined for Verizon only kind of phone. Not a fancy spin like the naming conventions Sammy did with the Galaxy S. :_( anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by 916ninja View Post
    Searching for it on Google states it's an LTE Atrix for ATT. Lol, Bionic on the different carriers. Why not just call it the Motorola Phonix.(PHOton, bioNIc, atriX)

PS I'm really bummed right now. I was under the impression that this phone was the exclusive flagship of epic proportion destined for Verizon only kind of phone. Not a fancy spin like the naming conventions Sammy did with the Galaxy S. :_( anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    It all depends on how AT&T's LTE network works out. Verizon obviously has LTE in a lot of areas, while AT&T currently has none. They have some catching up to do.