Stepping away from the crazyness

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Every half an hour I'm checking for news about the bionic release, or even official specs on four different forums. Information so far suggest it's coming soon but how soon no one knows. So I am staying away from forums, or at least forums relate to the bionic until. I may come back around Aug 4 to see if anything changed. Also I signed up on the bionic page on the Verizon site. Just getting stress out too much over this and I need a break. I even temporarly froze my Google Reader app on my phone to keep such news from appearing. Don't know how easy it will be to postpone my addiction.

Hopefully back soon. Good luck to everyone and their sanity.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't leave us.. you might miss something!!!

Kidding.. good solid thought.. if only you could ignore the sirens song that is @MDB. He's looking for landing zones now...lol

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Every half an hour I'm checking for news about the bionic release, or even official specs on four different forums. Information so far suggest it's coming soon but how soon no one knows. So I am staying away from forums, or at least forums relate to the bionic until. I may come back around Aug 4 to see if anything changed. Also I signed up on the bionic page on the Verizon site. Just getting stress out too much over this and I need a break. I even temporarly froze my Google Reader app on my phone to keep such news from appearing. Don't know how easy it will be to postpone my addiction.

Hopefully back soon. Good luck to everyone and their sanity.

Its just a phone, but I'm sure we will see you lurking around in about......1 hour or so.. This addiction is powerful and you won't be able to stay away.....

Good luck!

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
226386_212913362072126_100000603917123_798617_6518449_n.jpg

CanUFeelIt

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've contemplated doing this myself but I have a gut feeling the moment I walk away there will be some big break lol. I suggest at least staying around this week or check Thursday in case it went up online

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I find myself constantly checking forums too. I just wish we had some sort of solid news so I wouldn't have to be checking back so often.

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand the sentiment, but I guess for me its just not stressful at all. It's just a phone, and even if I found out it was postponed another 6 months, I would just say bummer, and buy a different phone. I watch for the Bionic and the SGSII because I think its entertaining and it gives me a good laugh a lot of the time. Ultimately its I'm following the Bionic for the same reason I follow any piece of tech, because I'm interested in whats new to the market in terms of nerd-gear

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You know it's funny how crazy this phone is making me. My girlfriend complains I talk about it too much. I'm sure she wishes it would come out too so I'd stop obsessing over it.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You know it's funny how crazy this phone is making me. My girlfriend complains I talk about it too much. I'm sure she wishes it would come out too so I'd stop obsessing over it.

But with the fleshlight attachment rumored to be available at launch, won't that render her obsolete? I kid, I kid....

stfoley23

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure she doesn't want it to come out, cuz then your gonna be obsessing over having it in your hands and pay all attention to the phone and not her hahah

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand the sentiment, but I guess for me its just not stressful at all. It's just a phone, and even if I found out it was postponed another 6 months, I would just say bummer, and buy a different phone. I watch for the Bionic and the SGSII because I think its entertaining and it gives me a good laugh a lot of the time. Ultimately its I'm following the Bionic for the same reason I follow any piece of tech, because I'm interested in whats new to the market in terms of nerd-gear

Gee, you're no fun, ha! :D

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my wife. She will get angry when I am checking my phone every 10 minutes. It does kinda keep me from spending all my time obsessing about MDB.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Same for my wife, she can't wait for me to stop talking about it too. But I just bought her a Droid 3 to replace her BB Tour so she cuts me some slack knowing what its like waiting to get rid of a BB to go to a droid.

MrHug3

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I, like many of you, have been waiting for this thing to come since I first heard a rumor of it late last year. These past couple months have been unbelievable. It literally has become an addiction. Kinda sickening actually. Although it is comforting to know that I am not the only one, I'm also gonna TRY to step back from all this craziness. It is just a phone.... Granted it has the potential to be the absolute baddest piece of technology created (at least until the next new hotness).

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the reason I hold on so tight to the forums is that when I do find info it means I am one more step closer to getting rid of this phone I hate soo much and everything else out there just doesn't do it for me to spend my last NE2 on.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I would agree that I probably NEED to take a break from the forums, but where's the fun in that?!?!? LOL! I'm just extremely anxious to get my first Android device! I think it's been about 3 yrs ago since I upgraded to the phone that caused me to be in the predicament that I'm in now (warranty issue w/ VZW, orig phone was crap little short of a year in, they let me change to different model, so 2yr wait started over....:p). SOOO unbelievable tired of WinMo 6.5 and the endless NOTHING of apps that aren't available for this thing. At the time I got that original phone, the G1 was pretty new (not to mention only on T-Mobile, I've been on VZW for years), so I really didn't know much about Android. But less then a year into having my orig WinMo phone, I was already regretting that decision.....obviously every app that's been conceived since that time is either for iphone or Android. And I've never been a big fan of Apple products even going back to the old Macs that we used in high school. Was REALLY peeved when VZW insisted that I HAD to stay on a WinMo phone when I was having so many issues with my original hardware. It's been a long wait to this point and I'll finally be due for my upgrade mid/later August. I just hope that the Bionic has launched by then and there have been some great reviews of the phone by that point and that it's everything that I'm hoping it will be. :D

dbermanmd

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Funny joke bro.

I have gone the opposite way i think. my wife ended up getting the iPhone 4 so get the unlimited verizon data plan. i only mention this because after using it a bit for the past several weeks i am amazed by it.

I have been waiting for the bionic for a long long time,, still packing the storm 1.

i am at the point that i will not buy the bionic until i can compare it against the iphone 5 and mind you the only apple products i have are a 10gig iPod (what they refer to as the brick) that seems to be unbreakable and an iPad 2 somebody bought me. if the iPhone 5 is 4g lte, etc etc and it has good battery life,,, i am probably going to get it unless the bionic is heads and shoulders better.