Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    shajan's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Retail Purchase

    So when the Bionic is finally available, as much as I want this as the next person, I will have the unfortunate opportunity to pay for this at full retail price ( I have no upgrades available). I was wondering if anyone has purchased a smartphone before, where they bought it from, Verizon, Best Buy, Amazon? I know Best Buy offers a 30 day full refund if not satisfied. Does anyone know if one place has a advantage over the other in terms of price or return?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I know Verizon only has a 14 day return policy, but their full retail price will probably be the lowest of anywhere else.
  3. #3  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I believe cosco has the best return policy. I'm sure someone will chime in on the subject shortly....
    Alfonsca likes this.
  4. #4  
    beermanmike's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by shajan View Post
    So when the Bionic is finally available, as much as I want this as the next person, I will have the unfortunate opportunity to pay for this at full retail price ( I have no upgrades available). I was wondering if anyone has purchased a smartphone before, where they bought it from, Verizon, Best Buy, Amazon? I know Best Buy offers a 30 day full refund if not satisfied. Does anyone know if one place has a advantage over the other in terms of price or return?
    Im not sure about the returns for amazon wireless, but i bought 4 phones over four years from them without a problem. They are usually cheaper there because if you break contract you not only owe Verizon X amount of dollars but you owe Amazon X amount of dollars. Wirefly is another place i heard of but don't know anything about. Verizon stores are decent but you're not going to get a "deal" on them usually. Don't buy anything at bestbuy, ever.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    shajan's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Checked out Costco; they only sell on contract not retail.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by shajan View Post
    So when the Bionic is finally available, as much as I want this as the next person, I will have the unfortunate opportunity to pay for this at full retail price ( I have no upgrades available). I was wondering if anyone has purchased a smartphone before, where they bought it from, Verizon, Best Buy, Amazon? I know Best Buy offers a 30 day full refund if not satisfied. Does anyone know if one place has a advantage over the other in terms of price or return?
    Shoot for Costco. If they allow you to buy it outright, you're looking at a 90-day return policy.

    Edit: Nevermind.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Best Buy will probably be about $100 higher than Verizon but you can get them to price match. They were a-holes about it when I bought my DINC, I wanted the points on my rewards card. The manager of the mobile department told me they don't price match phone prices because they don't make a profit on phones purchased without a contract. I asked him to show me where on the big sign up front does it say that. F*N manager says, I'll call one verizon store, the closest one and if its not in stock I won't match the price. Luckily the VZW store had one otherwise I was prepared to argue that any VZW store in the area should count.

    Avoid Best Buy, not worth the hassle.
    D1andOnlyOmen likes this.
  8. #8  
    radgatt's Avatar

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I bought my dinc from best buy off contract. Best buy had it for more than Verizon but best buy matched the price on it. Only reason why I did that was so I can use my best buy credit card and have no interest for 12 months. Worked of for me. If you have a credit card with a certain company then try that place and see of they price match.
    specularius likes this.
  9. #9  
    mylasthope's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I would probably just wait for it to hit eBay/C-List. The Droid 3 is already on eBay and I've seen a few go for around $400. Savings of $59 + tax ($42 in California) compared to buying it straight from VZW. I imagine that the manufacturer's warranty will carry over too since the phone is new.
    CORYK333 likes this.
  10. #10  
    csimme01's Avatar

    Posts
    118 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Dont forget to check your employer for discounts. Different ones have different discounts through different carriers. In my house we can get between 18 and 25 percent off on different carriers. GM - 25% off VZW Payless - 18% off ATT, Lowes - 20% both Verizon and ATT
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Keep in mind if you buy full retail from Verizon...you only get 14 days and you also have a $35 restocking fee. So make sure you like the phone before you buy from them or else it's a pretty expensive rental.
  12. #12  
    masterxchief's Avatar

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I can't wait for the phone to come out because I'm really not liking this Thunderbolt but I am scared to find out how much it's going to cost me at retail price.
  13. #13  
    Jeryl31's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    I talk to one Verizon employee and he said it would be under $600 FULL RETAIL, also look at the other LTE phone's full price. The Thunderbolt i believe is around $570 FULL RETAIL on the VZW site, so my guess is right around there for the Droid Bionic. I am also will have to purchase this at that price point
  14. #14  
    Jeryl31's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    I can't wait for the phone to come out because I'm really not liking this Thunderbolt but I am scared to find out how much it's going to cost me at retail price.
    I hated the Thunderbolt because of it's battery, first full day i had it, only lasted 5 hours
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    you can go to best buy and have them price match it, and if they try and give you excuses ask to speak with a manager. Also, the return policy for verizon is 14 days with a restocking fee, at best buy you have 30 days to return or exchange it for something else, with no restocking fee. the whole idea of using your best buy card is great because you will have no interest on that purchase.
  16. #16  
    kca2000's Avatar

    Posts
    752 Posts
    ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by zr0ko0l View Post
    you can go to best buy and have them price match it, and if they try and give you excuses ask to speak with a manager. Also, the return policy for verizon is 14 days with a restocking fee, at best buy you have 30 days to return or exchange it for something else, with no restocking fee. the whole idea of using your best buy card is great because you will have no interest on that purchase.

    I was not aware of this? 30 days at best buy includes Phones?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by radyoactive View Post
    Best Buy will probably be about $100 higher than Verizon but you can get them to price match. They were a-holes about it when I bought my DINC, I wanted the points on my rewards card. The manager of the mobile department told me they don't price match phone prices because they don't make a profit on phones purchased without a contract. I asked him to show me where on the big sign up front does it say that. F*N manager says, I'll call one verizon store, the closest one and if its not in stock I won't match the price. Luckily the VZW store had one otherwise I was prepared to argue that any VZW store in the area should count.

    Avoid Best Buy, not worth the hassle.


    Best Buy is one of several stores I refuse to shop and haven't purchased anything from for a number of years, specifically because of BS issues like you describe.
  18. #18  
    DanSan's Avatar

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    best buy will have a 14 day return policy and a 15% restocking fee on certain devices. this includes cell phones.


    tomorrow when im at work ill check the system and see if i can find the SKU of the bionic if it exists yet and see what info i can get.
  19. #19  
    cmorty72#AC's Avatar
    The bending unit

    Posts
    414 Posts
    ROM
    Stock (so far)

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Another place you might want to check out in the very near future, is Radio Shack. Some time next month they'll be dropping TMO and picking up Verizon (yet again). Their prices are fair (in some cases), and also offer a 30 day return.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com
  20. #20  
    bulvine420's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Best buy hell story:
    i want to best buy when vhs was still a big selling item and bout a brand new VCR yes i said a VCR im old shut up! so when i get it home i open the box and inside is a used VCR with the wrong controller wrong brand everything and there was a tape stuck inside.So i return to best buy and go to return it
    i get to the counter and tell the lady what happened and she tells me after i ask for a full refund that there is a restocking fee so i ask for a manager. He takes the VCR in the back and comes back insisting that i pay a restocking fee and i start cursing him to give me my money and making a seen
    so he finally breaks and gives me a refund as i turn and walk away he says sir our tec opened the VCR and got your Porno tape out he said this as loud as he could without yelling so all the customers could here him i took the porno and my full refund and never shopped at best buy again
  21. #21  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post
    Best buy hell story:
    i want to best buy when vhs was still a big selling item and bout a brand new VCR yes i said a VCR im old shut up! so when i get it home i open the box and inside is a used VCR with the wrong controller wrong brand everything and there was a tape stuck inside.So i return to best buy and go to return it
    i get to the counter and tell the lady what happened and she tells me after i ask for a full refund that there is a restocking fee so i ask for a manager. He takes the VCR in the back and comes back insisting that i pay a restocking fee and i start cursing him to give me my money and making a seen
    so he finally breaks and gives me a refund as i turn and walk away he says sir our tec opened the VCR and got your Porno tape out he said this as loud as he could without yelling so all the customers could here him i took the porno and my full refund and never shopped at best buy again
    Quit complaining... you got a free porno and your money back... sounds like it was worth it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    shajan's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Also, try and avoid HHGregg!! The Verizon 3rd party retailer Total Cellular Connection has Verizon phones at about $150 or more in retail. Right now, there selling the Charge for $899.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  
    Alfonsca's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    I believe cosco has the best return policy. I'm sure someone will chime in on the subject shortly....
    Costco has a 14 day return policy and you can switch devices or full refund. After that, you have 90 days to return for exchange (for a new device, not refurb). After that, you deal with carrier as usual. Just happened to be in Costco this weekend inquiring (lol) .....
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    you could always add a line, put on a basic phone as the line, and put on the bionic to your line
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Retail Purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    I was not aware of this? 30 days at best buy includes Phones?
    Only if you purchase the device outright do you get the 30-day (45 if you're reward silver) return policy. You upgrade, you only have 14 days. They're trying to keep everything in line with Verizon's return policy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B