Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By nimazahir
  • 4 Post By moosc
  • 3 Post By GBH2
  • 1 Post By nrk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Workers at Verizon May Not Know Anything About the Phone

Wanda: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    You: Hi, can you give me info about the droid bionic
    Wanda: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    You: Can you give me info about the droid bionic
    Wanda: If you would like to be email about it I can send you the line to get the email.
    Wanda: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=oLr8_LaI .
    You: Wanda its your manager, MDB228
    Wanda: No.
    Wanda: Why did you need a maneger?
    You: MDB228 is reak
    Wanda: manager*
    You: real
    Wanda: What do you mean?
    You: The bionic will arive on the 4th, 7th, or 11th
    You: I *KNOW* IT WILL
    Wanda: That is awesome thank you for informing me about it because I have not been told.
    Wanda: That link will give you any information on it you will need.
    You: I am your manager, tell me if you have heard anything
    You: have you?
    Wanda: You are not my manager because he will not chat in to inform me of anything.
    Wanda: Can I assist you with anything else tonight?

The workers may really not know anything, I hope she was lying and it comes out soon. Today I asked a worker in there and said if the phone were to come out very soon he and others would know about it(hope he was lying).
    D1andOnlyOmen likes this.

Default Re: The Workers at Verizon May Not Know Anything About the Phone

.....Fail?

Quote Originally Posted by nimazahir View Post
    Wanda: If you would like to be email about it I can send you the line to get the email.
    Wanda: That is awesome thank you for informing me about it because I have not been told.
    Wanda: You are not my manager because he will not chat in to inform me of anything.

The workers may really not know anything, I hope she was lying and it comes out soon. Today I asked a worker in there and said if the phone were to come out very soon he and others would know about it(hope he was lying).
    lol. Thanks for that. that was pretty awesome. I love you trying to convince her that you are her manager. lmao

haha. good stuff. Very direct and to the point..

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

... not really sure what to think about this, besides from the terrible english, lol
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It was pretty fun, I cursed her out in the end and she still said thank you and we hope to talk to you soon. Try convincing them you are their manager lol
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

How about we cut the crap out. Lets leavethe online chat for folks who are serious about buying a phone. This no fifteenth then walking into a store and asking. Only difference your hiding behind your monitor. Also here's another thread with same BS. online rep chat bout bionic, will be thurs release

I ran into a verizon rep at Jersey Mike's (a sandwich shop near my local verizon store) i asked him when the bionic was to be released, he said "it won't, that was scrapped a long time ago. Last i heard it was burning through processors" I laughed and smiled and then he continued to say "I don't know anything about any phone that isn't on my shelves. People are always asking and willing to wait a week for that new phone, i would never be able to make a sale if i told them." At least he was honest, but its true, these sales reps don't really know anything.

We really dont have any information on the bionic. trust me, ive been waiting for this phone for a long time. there is no sign of any kind of release so far. We haven't even seen any training material. everyone knows what the bionic is, but we don't know a release date.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nimazahir View Post

Thanks for laugh, haven't had one in a good minute.

On topic, My local VZW Rep only knows about a summer release thats it, and where the best mexican food is in town

Carrier
    AOKP 38

I went into the Verizon here in NYC across from macy's and asked a rep "what your next phone coming out?" instead of asking flat out asking about the bionic he replied "I believe the Bionic from what I was told but I don't know the date(no surprise)" he also mentioned that "Verizon want's to get it out as soon as possible because they would like to target the back to school crowd so hopefully early august". I know the consensus on reps is they don't know anything but he was straight up he was aware of the delays and being scrapped (targa)

Am I the only one here who thinks this is really stupid?

These reps have not been told anything and don't know anything about unreleased phones unless they come to the forums and learn it.. They have crappy jobs and they just want to go to work and do that job and collect a paycheck.

There is nothing to gain by harassing these people, unless it is to somehow make yourself feel important by trying to force a reaction from them or by somehow trying to make them look silly.

It is just pathetic. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    Am I the only one here who thinks this is really stupid?

These reps have not been told anything and don't know anything about unreleased phones unless they come to the forums and learn it.. They have crappy jobs and they just want to go to work and do that job and collect a paycheck.

There is nothing to gain by harassing these people, unless it is to somehow make yourself feel important by trying to force a reaction from them or by somehow trying to make them look silly.

It is just pathetic. Get a life.
    Pretty sure these guys know this. It's just to have a little fun until the Bionic is actually announced. There is no harm and it damn well beats all the other stuff the reps have to put up with (although I do admit OP's was more harsh than the normal ones lol). Also, this is a part of their job. They're answering questions for us.

Edit: This could also provoke a response from VZW once they review these chats. It works at my call center and the reps are the poor saps in the middle.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

One store close to where I'm at actually advised that I wait for the first week of August because I was looking into getting the Droid 3 and that changed my mind. Another store, an employee said that it was coming real soon, so for me it seems real close to the release

I think withholding the release date has more to do with keeping existing sales active than anything else. Also now that VZW has the iPhone there really isn't any superphone on a competing network to contend with so why disrupt existing sales when they don't need to anymore?
    I know a of a couple that knew the Bionic would be better but they couldn't wait any longer and one got a Charge and the other a Continuum so it appears to be working.

[tapatalk - shadow]

Carrier
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by roberte1342 View Post
    I think withholding the release date has more to do with keeping existing sales active than anything else. Also now that VZW has the iPhone there really isn't any superphone on a competing network to contend with so why disrupt existing sales when they don't need to anymore?
    I know a of a couple that knew the Bionic would be better but they couldn't wait any longer and one got a Charge and the other a Continuum so it appears to be working.

[tapatalk - shadow]
    I think that's the problem with Verizon right now. They want sales NOW. Why not squeeze more money out of you in a few weeks than squeeze less right now, since we're all pretty sure this will be a $250-300 device? It's simple economics right? Plus...they'll get a better phone, and they'll want to come back when their 2 year contract is up. If I got a Charge or Thunderbolt right now, I might not want to buy another phone from them because it'd suck the battery life like it was candy, and I wouldn't be a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    I think that's the problem with Verizon right now. They want sales NOW. Why not squeeze more money out of you in a few weeks than squeeze less right now, since we're all pretty sure this will be a $250-300 device? It's simple economics right? Plus...they'll get a better phone, and they'll want to come back when their 2 year contract is up. If I got a Charge or Thunderbolt right now, I might not want to buy another phone from them because it'd suck the battery life like it was candy, and I wouldn't be a happy customer.
    Because there is NO guarantee that you will be back in 2 weeks to purchase something. Every sales organization is like this and it is the reason that sales, and anyone that comes in contact with the customer, is kept totally in the dark about new devices and release dates. They don't want that information preventing a sale now.

Let's say that the sales associate DID know when the next new thing was coming out and he said to you: "Don't buy that phone now, come back in 3 weeks and you can get phone Y instead." Sounds great, but the problem is that phone Z comes out on another carrier in 2 weeks and wows you so you decide to jump on it and that "potential" sale of phone Y, and its associated 2 year contract, are gone.
    nrk

Carrier
    Kin3tx

"A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush"
    rkeller62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nrk View Post
    "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush"
    LOL - thanks for saying in 1 sentence what it took me 2 paragraphs to try and say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rkeller62 View Post
    Because there is NO guarantee that you will be back in 2 weeks to purchase something. Every sales organization is like this and it is the reason that sales, and anyone that comes in contact with the customer, is kept totally in the dark about new devices and release dates. They don't want that information preventing a sale now.

Let's say that the sales associate DID know when the next new thing was coming out and he said to you: "Don't buy that phone now, come back in 3 weeks and you can get phone Y instead." Sounds great, but the problem is that phone Z comes out on another carrier in 2 weeks and wows you so you decide to jump on it and that "potential" sale of phone Y, and its associated 2 year contract, are gone.

That actually brings up a good point. They heavily marketed the first Droid since it was fresh and brand new. This time around, they seem reliant on the Droid brand to carry weight with consumers and hopefully make sales with limited marketing while maximizing sales on currently released devices.

Basically, they are done building up the track and are just now running the course. With that in mind, I don't expect a huge television campaign except for some brief youtube/TV spots until it's been released. Perhaps an @DroidLanding promotion on the week of release.