All signs point towards an imminent release..BUT!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Guys -- I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but there is one glaring thing we are missing that almost always gets leaked before a new phone is released.

That is training materials, or word that employees are going through training for the new phone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have not seen any word on this.

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think the August 4th date is realistic at this point.

Bash away if you must....

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
*Bash* Bash* ....

I don't remember seeing any word that employees were being trained on the Droid 3. Yes we saw some leaked hands on videos from motorola but nothing saying that VZW employees were going through training. Just to add to that the Bionic has been kept much more under wraps than the Droid 3. I also don't remember seeing any accessories leaked for the Droid 3, which we have seen for the Bionic.

So what I am trying to say is there is no uniform methodology for predicting an imminent launch date based off lack of leaks, or a large amount of leaks. It's just a guessing game until something concrete is announced by VZW. I wouldn't be completely 100% shocked if Bionic Pre-Orders started tonight, I doubt it but just saying.

P.S. I am still holding my breath for Aug. 4th because of the FCC August 7th (all revealed) documents. At least we will know what the Bionic entails on that date if nothing else.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The last leak (too lazy to post a link) implied that stores are getting the phone within a few days from now, for august 4th release. Shouldn't take more than that for "training" right? I mean if everyone in the store was trained on the droid 3 or some other new motorola and android is basically the same, how much training do they really need?

Idk, Idc, I think everyone needs to chillax... the phone is pretty clearly coming sometime in august, I'm really willing to bet early august just because all these minor leaks are piling up the last 2 weeks or so. If you want to nitpick, I'm a little more inclined to push back the Aug 4th date since theres been no marketing started by vzw yet, but who knows maybe they're just holding off or trying to move the rest of their inventory until the last minute or have a different strategy in mind for this phone, nobody knows. The damn thing is coming very soon, lets all just BREATHE :)

Last edited:

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
*Bash* Bash* ....

<REMOVED>

P.S. I am still holding my breath for Aug. 4th because of the FCC August 7th (all revealed) documents. At least we will know what the Bionic entails on that date if nothing else.

One thing for sure, we will all know lots more after August 7th and we can see those documents!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't feel a release in the next 8 days....

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
One thing for sure, we will all know lots more after August 7th and we can see those documents!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't feel a release in the next 8 days....

Unless of course Motorola requests, and the FCC grants, an extension to the non-disclosure...

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking, and the OP has a good point. We're simply not getting our typical leaks that suggest an imminent release.

But I was thinking, in reality, the Bionic, being the first 4G dual core phone, isn't much of a marketing standpoint for their typical customers. For consumers like us whom are enthusiasts, well alright that's pretty cool. But why waste millions on advertisement for a group like us, who are already well informed of the facts and knows whether or not they'll buy this phone.

The Thunderbolt was the first 4G phone and that received tremendous marketing. I think the Bionic won't be marketed so hard, maybe as hard as the Rev or Charge and emphasizing the quicker processor.

So I say this because, we normally would have to wait before a strong marketing campaign was underway thus pushing our release further, but I don't think they're will be a strong campaign.

But then again I could be completely wrong... AT&T pushed that atrix pretty hard.

We'll see. Still hoping for a early/mid August release.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand alot of people are hopeful that the Bionic should be released soon because we are seeing accessories pop up.

But you have to remember the "Etna" accessories also popped up, and we know what happened to that.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
14hours till preorder my Bionic. Can't wait until hope they **** early so I can play with it this weekend

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I must say, i've really been hoping and wishing for an Aug 4 release, but according to DL's latest, it's still on track for early September

DROID Bionic Poses for New Photo, More Than Likely Headed for “Early September” Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I know we've seen a lot of leaks lately pointing to Aug 4, but I tend to believe the information that comes with something concrete like a never-before-seen photo of the bionic, instead of just screenshots of text on a monitor.

this is terrible :(

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I must say, i've really been hoping and wishing for an Aug 4 release, but according to DL's latest, it's still on track for early September

DROID Bionic Poses for New Photo, More Than Likely Headed for ?Early September? Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I know we've seen a lot of leaks lately pointing to Aug 4, but I tend to believe the information that comes with something concrete like a never-before-seen photo of the bionic, instead of just screenshots of text on a monitor.

this is terrible :(

"According to a report.." What report? Unless they say who their sources are or provide a copy of the report then this just amounts to nothing but fear-mongering, IMO.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
"According to a report.." What report? Unless they say who their sources are or provide a copy of the report then this just amounts to nothing but fear-mongering, IMO.

No good journalist (and I'm not saying Kellex is a good journalist necessarily) will do anything to jeopardize the identity of a source, at least not if they want to continue getting information. The question is: Do you believe that Kellex has GOOD sources inside of Motorola or Verizon? If not, than you can choose not to believe the information.

I find it interesting that any leaks that point to a later date are readily dis-believed or people cry for "sources" or "pic or it ain't so". Earlier release dates tend to be showered with praise with no cries for scrutiny.

Will 3 weeks really cause that much of a hardship for anyone??

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just sources saying it. I really can't lean either way at this point but I don't take Kellex' rumors as that valuable. Then again, I don't take random screen grabs as that valuable either. Since I'm up until midnight most nights anyway I'll definitely be checking out big red's website @ 12:01 still

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No good journalist (and I'm not saying Kellex is a good journalist necessarily) will do anything to jeopardize the identity of a source, at least not if they want to continue getting information. The question is: Do you believe that Kellex has GOOD sources inside of Motorola or Verizon? If not, than you can choose not to believe the information.

I find it interesting that any leaks that point to a later date are readily dis-believed or people cry for "sources" or "pic or it ain't so". Earlier release dates tend to be showered with praise with no cries for scrutiny.

Yes 3 weeks will cause a problem for many. Many people will pass on the Bionic if it releases a month later and wait for something else. Motorola is going to lose a lit of sales if they really wait that long to release this phone.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Fair enough, but without providing some info on his source or showing us this report, whats to say it all isn't just BS made so that he gets more hits for his site? I'm not trying to believe the "early rumors" and discount the "late rumors"... So far based on what I've seen and heard on all the forums and news sources, the early ones seem more credible at this juncture. Also everyone with a site/blog/whatever seems quick to post every bit of "info" they have to get visitors or start a ruckus.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes 3 weeks will cause a problem for many. Many people will pass on the Bionic if it releases a month later and wait for something else. Motorola is going to lose a lit of sales if they really wait that long to release this phone.

So, it causes such a "problem" to your having a phone that works that you are going to wait LONGER to get a different phone?? Doesn't make sense.

Now, if you say: "I no longer believe that Motorola has their act together and, with the release dates of other phones approaching, I choose to not give Motorola my businsess." That's is something I can understand.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, but without providing some info on his source or showing us this report, whats to say it all isn't just BS made so that he gets more hits for his site? I'm not trying to believe the "early rumors" and discount the "late rumors"... So far based on what I've seen and heard on all the forums and news sources, the early ones seem more credible at this juncture. Also everyone with a site/blog/whatever seems quick to post every bit of "info" they have to get visitors or start a ruckus.

There is nothing to say that it isn't all BS.

This brings us back to the question from my post: Do you believe that Kellex has GOOD sources for this information? If you don't, then don't believe the information and move on.