Time wasted is money lost

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I really think Motorola is making a huge financial mistake by (probably) not beating the Function to the market. I love my OG Droid and I love the Droid marketing. Its one of the few marketing campaigns that I see as compelling and interesting.

I see this ending in disaster, so much so that giving solid consideration to the Function/Fascinate II along with the Bionic.

I thought earlier today, "Maybe Kellex is wrong and the Bionic is going to ninja up on the website tonight", so I went and talked to my buddy store manager of a Corp VZW store near Madison and he said he hadn't seen any material for the Bionic other than an entry in their inventory for it. He says its coming, but later more likely than sooner.

I'm personally going to wait for the Function and Bionic to arrive before making my call, but I think Motorola dropped this time around. I'm not mad, but I definitely think the Bionic beat the Function/Fascinate II by a month or more. That they would have had much larger sales than they are setting up for...

time wasted and money lost...

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
They need to drop a bomb with specs like a 1.5ghz processor or something good that hasn't been seen, but i doubt it. If it's a 1.0 dual core even more of a let down. I have no idea what they're thinking/doing at this point.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
They need to drop a bomb with specs like a 1.5ghz processor or something good that hasn't been seen, but i doubt it. If it's a 1.0 dual core even more of a let down. I have no idea what they're thinking/doing at this point.

What Moto is thinking?

"****, that went poorly......"

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Same thing they have been doing these past 20 or so months. Not much of anything.

Sent from my Droid

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I really think Motorola is making a huge financial mistake by (probably) not beating the Function to the market. I love my OG Droid and I love the Droid marketing. Its one of the few marketing campaigns that I see as compelling and interesting.

I see this ending in disaster, so much so that giving solid consideration to the Function/Fascinate II along with the Bionic.

I thought earlier today, "Maybe Kellex is wrong and the Bionic is going to ninja up on the website tonight", so I went and talked to my buddy store manager of a Corp VZW store near Madison and he said he hadn't seen any material for the Bionic other than an entry in their inventory for it. He says its coming, but later more likely than sooner.

I'm personally going to wait for the Function and Bionic to arrive before making my call, but I think Motorola dropped this time around. I'm not mad, but I definitely think the Bionic beat the Function/Fascinate II by a month or more. That they would have had much larger sales than they are setting up for...

time wasted and money lost...

im not surprised at all. remember who were talking about here... the same company that thought it was ok to release the first honeycomb mainstream tablet and hope to get early adopters on the android tablet bandwagon by selling the damn thing for $799 plus taxes and not releasing any wifi only tablets!! they dropping the ball big time and lost sales then and are gonna lose more now. thank god i sold my motorola mobility stock when i did lol

DF400ex

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Same thing they have been doing these past 20 or so months. Not much of anything.

Sent from my Droid

Yeah this whole thing has been disappointing ever since they announces the Atrix for AT&T and had nothing close for Verizon Wireless. The continued delays are just more of the same. I really hope they can get their act together but it's looking like an opportunity lost.

But it's only the real enthusiasts that are being disappointed since the average person only hears about a phone when the carrier announces it.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this whole thing has been disappointing ever since they announces the Atrix for AT&T and had nothing close for Verizon Wireless. The continued delays are just more of the same. I really hope they can get their act together but it's looking like an opportunity lost.

But it's only the real enthusiasts that are being disappointed since the average person only hears about a phone when the carrier announces it.

Agree but its the enthusiasts who recommend other phones to people and with all the delays and moto's record lately its hard for some to recommend moto when there are other better options out there.

eygraber

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Agree but its the enthusiasts who recommend other phones to people and with all the delays and moto's record lately its hard for some to recommend moto when there are other better options out there.

Unfortunately, there are no better options out there for Verizon. You would need something with dual-core processors and LTE (or at least both of those confirmed). Unless of course you count being available as a better option :)

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The average person only seem to care about the all mighty Iphone so for Moto\Verizon to piss off the enthusiasts that are responsible for promoting the Bionic is a HUGE mistake! If they had just gave us some OFFICIAL specs with a release date this whole mess could have been avoided. Have you seen Moto's Facebook page ? People are at Moto's front door with dogs and pitch forks!

neowarcloud

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

While I agree with you to an extent. I give advice on phones to my family and friends. I've sold phones in the past as part of the job. Enthusiasts have an important job because their opinions tend to carry more weight. I do think that the not releasing before the SGSII is a terrible idea.

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Moto can't compete with the GSII when they're trying to ship the Bionic with a locked bootloader and Blur.

To add insult to injury, they're going to make us wait for the privilege of using Blur! Bye Moto!