Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ppeklak
  • 1 Post By spectre1006
  • 1 Post By p08757
  • 1 Post By huskerkate
  • 1 Post By wseyller
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Well... see ya in September

Well, there's no real need to check these forums for the next month or so...

Thanks to Moto's repeated delays, I'm just going to wait till the Bionic is released, and what ever "super phone" is due out around the same time and make my decision then. I was all ready to pre-order on the 28th but I'm exhausted with this whole process.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Default Re: Well... see ya in September

Quote Originally Posted by DF400ex View Post
    Well, there's no real need to check these forums for the next month or so...

Thanks to Moto's repeated delays, I'm just going to wait till the Bionic is released, and what ever "super phone" is due out around the same time and make my decision then. I was all ready to pre-order on the 28th but I'm exhausted with this whole process.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    I may stick around for the released specs and I'll be certainly keeping up with the Prime and that other phone that we can't mention in this section of the forums.

The September Bionic release has pretty much sealed the deal with me to go with the SGS2, even with a similar launch timeframe.
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by TeeSquar View Post
    The September Bionic release has pretty much sealed the deal with me to go with the SGS2, even with a similar launch timeframe.
    Same here. Unless there are huge delays with the SGS2, which is entirely possible, I'll be heading in that direction.

SGS2 ftw
    Friend-O likes this.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

I'm interested in what information if any we will get Aug 7 from the FCC. I just don't believe the SGSII is coming to Verizon anytime soon. I haven't even heard of FCC docs released yet except for the version going to AT&T. What is the average time that a phone is released after submission to the FCC???

for me, it still depends on if the sgs2 has lte, which is unlikely. I will get the prime if we see news about it coming soon. I always wanted a nexus...
    f150fan likes this.

You guys gotta realise that there will always be a better phone coming out! You gotta stop the waiting game nd just go with one eventually. I personally am not a huge fan of samsungs, and honestly what's so much better with the GS2 compared to the bionic anyways? They look like the same specs to me! Except bionic appears to have a bigger battery. I'm stickiing beside the bionic

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by stfoley23 View Post
    You guys gotta realise that there will always be a better phone coming out! You gotta stop the waiting game nd just go with one eventually. I personally am not a huge fan of samsungs, and honestly what's so much better with the GS2 compared to the bionic anyways? They look like the same specs to me! Except bionic appears to have a bigger battery. I'm stickiing beside the bionic

Well we don't know how big the Bionic battery will be. But the specs are not that far off. GS2 has 1.2 GHZ processor. We don't know but I have a feeling the Bionic will only be 1.0 GHZ, though some would argue that OMAP is better then the tegra 2. GS2 has NFC. Also the super amoled plus would appeal to me more. Biggest advantage to me would be the unlocked bootloader, because i suspect the Bionic's will be locked. But if GS2 has no LTE then I am not interested nor would I wait on this phone if it comes much longer than the Bionic.

It's probably just as well. Most of the big phones will be released in or by September. We'll get to see how they size up with each other and get the best.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

I would have to agree with this thread.... The Bionic forum has just officially died or is on life support. Just waiting on some more official news to kick it back to life.............

ROM
    [K]IN3TX/MIUI

To all you guys saying screw the Bionic I'm getting the Gs2 what makes you think verizon won't cripple it like they did the Fascinate?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    I would have to agree with this thread.... The Bionic forum has just officially died or is on life support. Just waiting on some more official news to kick it back to life.............
    Bigtime.. wow.. went from refresh every minute to see a new post to.. crickets.

Oh well, guess that will make the wait go faster since we're not all obsessing over this infernal device here.

But then again, how long can we really stay away? I'm guessing when Motorola FINALLY lets the cat fully out of the bag we'll see this forum active again.

Yeah this is what I've been saying, soon as we find a release time frame its no longer fun anymore! Everyones gonna be hoping off the bionic thread cuz besides specs there's really no use for it anymore! Hah

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by fatpomp View Post
    To all you guys saying screw the Bionic I'm getting the Gs2 what makes you think verizon won't cripple it like they did the Fascinate?

What do you mean they crippled it? Because I honestly don't know. I actually have a fascinate.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    What do you mean they crippled it? Because I honestly don't know. I actually have a fascinate.
    One word ----- BING
    fatpomp likes this.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

One word ----- BING
    Oh big deal. I had the phone debinged & debloated in a few minutes after taking it home. It had sounded like they cripple the hardware in the phone.

ROM
    [K]IN3TX/MIUI

One word ----- BING
    Don't forget all other Galaxy s models had 16 gb internal storage while the fascinete only has 2.

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    how long did it take you to get froyo? how's gb looking? that's the big concern i have, and what i thought was meant by "crippling" - the lag in updating the OS.
    fatpomp likes this.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why is the bionic such a god in the phone market right now? I understand the LTE and dual core, but some people are going crazy about it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Why is the bionic such a god in the phone market right now? I understand the LTE and dual core, but some people are going crazy about it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    you answered your own question (almost) - it was going to be the only LTE dual core device on the nation's biggest network (at least initially).

to all those talking about 1.2 vs 1.0ghz it's really just a silly argument. Most likely if the GS2 has LTE they will clock it down to 1.0 to save battery life. The 4430 can run just as stable at 1.2 just as well, if you want more performance and less battery life you can clock it up to 1.2 or down to 1.0 yourselves it's up to you. If I end up getting the gs2, and for some reason sammy decides to use 1.2 as a selling point I will just end up clocking down to 1.0 anyways. The difference in performance of a dual core 1.0 and 1.2 is too meaningless to lose battery life on a phone with LTE. Go try playing with a dual core tegra device, there's absolutely no lag at all, so what the point of putting it to 1.2 if there already is NO lag? Now yes there are tasks every once in a while like backing up with TiBU or a high graphics game, and when that time comes just clock it back up to 1.2.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Quote Originally Posted by fatpomp View Post
    Don't forget all other Galaxy s models had 16 gb internal storage while the fascinete only has 2.

and they cut the ram, if I'm not mistaken

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    how long did it take you to get froyo? how's gb looking? that's the big concern i have, and what i thought was meant by "crippling" - the lag in updating the OS.

I don't know anything about the galaxy s model except for the fascinate version. When I got the fascinate only eclair was the highest version for stock. But a few minutes after I got it home I had a debinged, debloated froyo rom. Eventually I went to a better rom that had a voodoo kernel and it is wicked nice. My point is that with unlocked bootloader and a good developement community you can have a phone that is upside down different from stock. It is amazing how much the oems could learn from the developers. It is hard to imagine the bionic will have this ability or if it will get it in a reasonable time. Moto might unlock it but for all we know it would happen two months before our next upgrade. With all that in mind I still have a strong desire for the bionic. I still think it is worth considering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    milkshed27 likes this.