Bionic, SGSII, Prime, now Vigor?

jaymelanie

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
First the delays in the Bionic leading to a September release. Then rumors that the SGSII (LTE or not LTE, that is the question!) may be released around the same time. Then rumors about the Nexus Prime coming out for the holidays. And now, given the rumor of the HTC Vigor being released soon (DROID Bionic, HTC Vigor and New LG LTE Device Land on Verizon’s MAP List - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog), I have absolutely no idea which phone to go with! Though I love the fact that I may have lots of things to choose from after Labor Day! Thoughts on which phone you'll go with?

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
First the delays in the Bionic leading to a September release. Then rumors that the SGSII (LTE or not LTE, that is the question!) may be released around the same time. Then rumors about the Nexus Prime coming out for the holidays. And now, given the rumor of the HTC Vigor being released soon (DROID Bionic, HTC Vigor and New LG LTE Device Land on Verizon?s MAP List - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog), I have absolutely no idea which phone to go with! Though I love the fact that I may have lots of things to choose from after Labor Day! Thoughts on which phone you'll go with?

I'm probably going to go with whichever one comes first, to be honest. My girlfriend gets my Incredible when I upgrade and her Eris is so close to unusable it's not funny.

Then I'll use her upgrade later this year to get the one I actually want (probably the Prime).

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
First the delays in the Bionic leading to a September release. Then rumors that the SGSII (LTE or not LTE, that is the question!) may be released around the same time. Then rumors about the Nexus Prime coming out for the holidays. And now, given the rumor of the HTC Vigor being released soon (DROID Bionic, HTC Vigor and New LG LTE Device Land on Verizon?s MAP List - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog), I have absolutely no idea which phone to go with! Though I love the fact that I may have lots of things to choose from after Labor Day! Thoughts on which phone you'll go with?

Keep in mind that the Bionic that we are going to see is the Targa which we don't have confirmed specs on other than 4G LTE and a Dual-Core processor. The Targa has not really been pushed back at all. Also, as far as I know there are not many confirmed specs on the Vigor or the Prime. The SGSII is the only device that we have something to look at however, it is VERY possible the specs will be changed for a Verizon release. At this point in the game I would say that the Targa will have very competitive specs with the other devices being released around the same time.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Think about this. How many leaks have we seen for the Bionic (quite a few) Now compare that to how many leaks we've seen for a Verizon GS2, Prime, Vigor, etc. (pretty much nothing) People need to realize these other phones are still a while off. None of those phones will release before the Bionic so i don't get why everyone is so excited about them.

Reactions: corymcnutt

jaymelanie

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would say its a good time to have an upgrade or 2 in your pocket! :D:D
I have 1 that I've been holding on to for months, thus the interest in these other phones. Got a cheap DINC off of Craigslist (upgraded from an LG-ENV3) and activated it to lock in the unlimited data plan back in June. Love the phone (though envious of my wife's DINC2) but am drooling about what to use that saved upgrade on:D

jaymelanie

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Think about this. How many leaks have we seen for the Bionic (quite a few) Now compare that to how many leaks we've seen for a Verizon GS2, Prime, Vigor, etc. (pretty much nothing) People need to realize these other phones are still a while off. None of those phones will release before the Bionic so i don't get why everyone is so excited about them.
I agree with you that rumors are just that, and until we get leaked/confirmed specs (or better yet phones to actually play with) this is just an academic exercise. Given that the proposed specs for all these phones are pretty impressive, depending on release dates, Asterdroid may have the best strategy of all!

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
right now, the Prime is at the top of my list. altho it's still in the rumor stage, there's too much chatter about it to suggest that it's too far off (and by that, i mean that i believe it will be here before the end of the year). a Nexus device with those rumored specs - no brainer for me.

i'll definitely give the others a hard look. right now, Bionic is a close second on my list, followed by the GS2 and then the Vigor (not a real fan of HTC devices).

ShockHouse

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with geeksbsmrt. There is no point comparing the 4 phones as of yet. Because given the situation we are in we still know nothing about this "NEW" Bionic and what it holds for us. For all we know it could have 4460CPU underclocked to 1.2GHz, as well as 1GB RAM and a 720p screen (the least likliest to happen is still a possibility). Be optimistic! :p

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for the Bionic, whenever it comes out. I'd never own anything made by HTC...the only way it could be considered useful is if you stay constantly tethered to an electrical outlet. Their batter management has proven to be horrible with every phone they have made. The only way people get through a day is by turning everything you buy a smart phone for off. That's just sad.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So in that list I see 4 brand new phones and one phone 7months since its release abroad and by that time it is released state side it will b 10monyhs that's a death sentence on a phone. Or more like buying a VZW iphone4

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat but I can't wait till the Prime comes out so like the other comment said probably which ever one comes first or ill make my decision in september but I'm really trying to wait for the Vigor.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The only phones worth waiting for are the quadcore phones due out first quarter 2012 the bionic is the only phone that has all the specs 4G dual core 1ghz ram if your not going to wait for the quadcore phones just get a bionic. the only thing i dont like about the bionic is the screen

magnes

Mar 16, 2010
www.semelfactive.net
Thoughts on which phone you'll go with?

I’m running a Droid 2 Global. The nice thing about it is that it has not a single attribute that irritates me. It’s perfect. So, come my upgrade in October, the only factor that will tempt me is 4G. I’ll upgrade IF the new phone has a screen as impeccable as the Droid’s and a form factor that isn’t so large that I’ll feel like a gamer in middle school every time I use my phone. Battery life is not important to me — it costs me nothing to tote a spare battery in my belt case — nor is GSM capability mandatory (I’ve probably endured my last trans-Atlantic flight). And I’m patient: if I have to wait until December or even March 2012 to judge all the available new devices, I’ll do so. Any of the devices mentioned might fill the bill.

?В Россию можно только верить.?
— Тютчев

Last edited:
Reactions: dennydavis228

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I?m running a Droid 2 Global. The nice thing about it is that it has not a single attribute that irritates me. It?s perfect. So, come my upgrade in October, the only factor that will tempt me is 4G. I?ll upgrade IF the new phone has a screen as impeccable as the Droid?s and a form factor that isn?t so large that I?ll feel like a gamer in middle school every time I use my phone. Battery life is not important to me ? it costs me nothing to tote a spare battery in my belt case ? nor is GSM capability mandatory (I?ve probably endured my last trans-Atlantic flight). And I?m patient: if I have to wait until December or even March 2012 to judge all the available new devices, I?ll do so. Any of the devices mentioned might fill the bill.

?В Россию можно только верить.?
? Тютчев

You're one of the only people that kind of HAVE to wait lol. My upgrade is already up, and my phone is a piece of crap and glitches constantly now.
You're lucky though, you're forced to wait, so you get the lucky chance of having to wait, and being able to actually judge based on phones that will be out. There will be a bigger choice in October than September, I can almost bet on that.

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The only phones worth waiting for are the quadcore phones due out first quarter 2012 the bionic is the only phone that has all the specs 4G dual core 1ghz ram if your not going to wait for the quadcore phones just get a bionic. the only thing i dont like about the bionic is the screen

Due out? I was under the impression they were to be announced at CES 2012, not released. Probably a Bionic situation, announced at CES and seen, well eventually :)

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't hold my breath for a quad core phone to be released in Q1.