Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: Bionic, SGSII, Prime, now Vigor?

I think all the iPhone/Apple hate is really uncalled for here. It's a very mainstream phone from a very mainstream company, you hipsters. At least acknowledge that Apple is the reason Android is here and it is what it is today. Had it not been for their innovation, we might still be using WinMo 6.1 with a stylus.

The iPhone brought the (vastly improved) smartphone experience to the average consumer, no longer for business people and techies. When it came out, I think the iPhone was the perfect phone at the time, and they did the same with the iPhone 4 a year ago. That said, times and standards change and now there are vastly better options which is why the iPhone isn't really a contender right now. Apple really does need to put out something big hardware-wise to be on par with the likes of the SGS2; I've been using iOS 5 on my iPod the last few months and that alone will not cut it.

So yeah, not every iPhone user is the brightest bulb in the room, but that's because the everyman is Apple's biggest target, because it is the biggest marketshare. For many people, an iPhone is exactly what they want: iPod, great browser, makes calls, sends texts, and has a crapton of apps. Not everyone wants to put nightly builds of CM7 on their phone. A lot of people just want a phone that they can plug into their computer and have it just work, something Apple has set the gold standard for with their iTunes ecosystem. I'm very open to getting an iPhone 5 should it be something spectacular, and honestly everyone else should at least consider it instead of dismissing it because of the brand.

Now there's my two pennies for your consideration.
    irl Panda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eksplosions View Post
    I think all the iPhone/Apple hate is really uncalled for here. It's a very mainstream phone from a very mainstream company, you hipsters. At least acknowledge that Apple is the reason Android is here and it is what it is today. Had it not been for their innovation, we might still be using WinMo 6.1 with a stylus.

The iPhone brought the (vastly improved) smartphone experience to the average consumer, no longer for business people and techies. When it came out, I think the iPhone was the perfect phone at the time, and they did the same with the iPhone 4 a year ago. That said, times and standards change and now there are vastly better options which is why the iPhone isn't really a contender right now. Apple really does need to put out something big hardware-wise to be on par with the likes of the SGS2; I've been using iOS 5 on my iPod the last few months and that alone will not cut it.

So yeah, not every iPhone user is the brightest bulb in the room, but that's because the everyman is Apple's biggest target, because it is the biggest marketshare. For many people, an iPhone is exactly what they want: iPod, great browser, makes calls, sends texts, and has a crapton of apps. Not everyone wants to put nightly builds of CM7 on their phone. A lot of people just want a phone that they can plug into their computer and have it just work, something Apple has set the gold standard for with their iTunes ecosystem. I'm very open to getting an iPhone 5 should it be something spectacular, and honestly everyone else should at least consider it instead of dismissing it because of the brand.

Now there's my two pennies for your consideration.
    I agree that OG iPhone did spark a new interest in smartphones for the average user and it was innovative at its time but now the way technology is progressing Apple is being left behind.

Even when iPhone 5 comes out there will be another phone released a month later with better specs. That's why I love the competition that Android brings, I love seeing all the options I have and then knowing that it will only keep getting better instead having to wait a full year for new tech.

I'm not saying we can all afford new phones every six months but at least we have the option. I currently have the Thunderbolt and Best Buy's Buyback program with it so when the Bionic does drop I will send my Thunderbolt away to get my new toy. Same goes when the Nexus Prime comes out (come on Verizon).

My feelings are for my phone to show my personality and be unique from everyone else something the iPhone just can't do. Oh yes you can have a custom cover ooo but that's it everyone's UI looks the same no customization or personalization at all thus my reasoning for choosing Android and my new Bionic W00T!!

My last post was typed from a MacBook Pro FWIW.

Sent from my Nexus S

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    My last post was typed from a MacBook Pro FWIW.
    Pffffft. Thats a notebook not a phone. Jeeze, where do they get these mods.. stay on topic!! (hahaha j/k)

Brian

@eksplosions - I couldn't agree more (and I'm no iPhone lover); if it wasn't for Apple we would not have the all of the great phones that are available today. I just recommended an iPhone to my friend because she already has an iPad and I felt, for her needs, an iPhone would be the best choice. I set it up for her and entered her contacts and I must say I was not that fond of it, and even the browsing was not that fast. Without LTE, I will never consider the iPhone, and I do like a BIG screen, but she loves it and the appstore. Another reason I dislike Apple, CONTROL; while it may make sure that the apps are of a certain quality, I don't want to be told where I have to buy all of my apps or music.

The iPhone is perfect for some people, as are the BB's and Androids for others. All of the fanboys need to stay in their own forums and not flame the fires in others. The forums are open to all to exchange ideas, we just need to realize that ALL platforms are needed.
    eksplosions likes this.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345