Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: Bionic specs?

ROM
    Stock

I thought the model number was XT875. Right? I wonder if they are in the middle of updating the page.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,038 Global Posts

Just like we thought. Its a Droid 3 with more Ram, Larger Screen, LTE, and no slide out keyboard.

Next questions is release date.

It is the Specs for the original CES Bionic. It say that at the Top: Droid Bionic XT865 The Targa Bionic is XT875!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Don't call me a nerd

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    It is the Specs for the original CES Bionic. It say that at the Top: Droid Bionic XT865 The Targa Bionic is XT875!!!
    But the CES version only had 512 MB ram did it not? Not to mention wasn't the hype then about the Tegra2?

I also just registered for the dev site and the link is giving me "Access Denied". Not sure exactly what to think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksbsmrt View Post
    But the CES version only had 512 MB ram did it not? Not to mention wasn't the hype then about the Tegra2?

I also just registered for the dev site and the link is giving me "Access Denied". Not sure exactly what to think of that.
    You can easily cut and paste or type your own specs in there. I think it is fake.... The New Bionic is XT875 not XT865. In my opinion this spec sheet is bogus. That is why it was pulled.

I swear no one on Droid Life seems to be interested in the Bionic anymore. Kellex basically got everyone drinking the GS2 Kool-Aid along with the HTC Vigor. I don't think the Bionic is going to be a pushover like everyone is making it out to be. The Vigor and Prime are still a while off so I don't get why everyone trashes the Bionic so much over there.
    corymcnutt and bplewis24 like this.

Not worth the hype. glad i made the jump to the droid charge over the weekend.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Don't call me a nerd

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    You can easily cut and paste or type your own specs in there. I think it is fake.... The New Bionic is XT875 not XT865. In my opinion this spec sheet is bogus. That is why it was pulled.
    Try it yourself
    Code:
    http://developer.motorola.com/products/compare/?items=18753
    Thanked by:
    tmacfan4321 and eygraber like this.

Those are not the specs.. Do not Believe it...

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

assuming it's the specs for the Targa, i'm slightly underwhelmed. don't get me wrong, it still looks like a solid device. but, for a flagship device, it doesn't really make me salivate. within a month or 2 after release, it could very well end up at the back of the line when compared to Sammy (Prime or GS2), HTC, etc. (seriously, clocked at 1ghz with a dual core OMAP???) i'm a huge Moto fan, and for its sake i hope it sells really well. right now, tho, i don't think i'm gonna be one of those sales...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Don't call me a nerd

ROM
    Bugless Beast

I don't want to believe it and I know the model number is not correct. But the specs are definitely different than the phone we saw at CES. It is possible that this was part of the original "upgrade" and then was scrapped. But at this point it's all we have that is from the manufacturer.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    I swear no one on Droid Life seems to be interested in the Bionic anymore. Kellex basically got everyone drinking the GS2 Kool-Aid along with the HTC Vigor. I don't think the Bionic is going to be a pushover like everyone is making it out to be. The Vigor and Prime are still a while off so I don't get why everyone trashes the Bionic so much over there.
    Because.....especially compared to the GS2....the screen and Touchwiz makes for a waaaay more advanced phone.../s

The Exynos and OMAP 4 are comparable. With the GS2 being clocked a lil higher it will have that lil advantage.

The Prime and Vigor are another story. And like you said they both are a while off...both are probably next year phones. Most of us following the Bionic knew it was a Droid 3 with more Ram, webtop, no keyboard, LTE and bigger.

I guess after all this time some ppl want even more. All I can say is get another phone you feel is more or wait for later phones. Its amazing when the GS2 finally reaches the States....some ppl will say the Bionic is outdated compared to it...I just dont see it.
    bplewis24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Because.....especially compared to the GS2....the screen and Touchwiz makes for a waaaay more advanced phone.../s

The Exynos and OMAP 4 are comparable. With the GS2 being clocked a lil higher it will have that lil advantage.

The Prime and Vigor are another story.
    I tried defending the Bionic but no one cares. They're more worried about all these rumored phones than anything else. Hope they like waiting.
    bplewis24 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by Cvballa3g0 View Post
    Why are people still arguing if it's real or not. It's on Motorola's website! It's real! Finally some confirmed specs!

I think since the delay we were hoping for something magnificant like at CES. but like they said, they were just making enhancements. If these are fake i bet the real Bionic is right in the ballpark of these specs. It's minor enhancement over the Etna.

Something must have really got in between the Tegra 2 and the LTE antenna, seems like it was the only thing that changed. increase of RAM to supplement the webdock feature.

So Moto keeps their word! Bionic/Targa is an enhancement to the Bionic/etna. Worth an extra 6 months? Probably not. Kind of wish it was at least the 4460 or a 1.2 ghz phone and compared to the Photon, missing global functionality seems to be a loss. Least it's still a dual core Verizon LTE phone!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Why are people still arguing if it's real or not. It's on Motorola's website! It's real! Finally some confirmed specs!
    Yes motodev is as real as it gets. Its real folks. No surprises though. Pretty much the specs we have come to know.

Sent from my Droid

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    It's not that it is not real. The point is that it is wrong. We know the part number is incorrect therefore it is WRONG... This table is just not fully updated or something. Some items are likely correct but how do we know with misleading information mixed in.

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    I tried defending the Bionic but no one cares. They're more worried about all these rumored phones than anything else. Hope they like waiting.
    Loving that irony.
    Friend-O likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    Loving that irony.
    Lol yes I know we had to wait for the Bionic. Then again, did any other manufacturer release a phone with dual core and LTE yet? Didn't think so...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Looking at specs I'm guessing like ive said the sprint version is slightly better phone. Has the gimmicky stuff folks like cool processor name tegra has different body design has a kick stand has better GPS with its own antenna and cost 100$ less what would u buy.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

No dual LEDS neither. Does anyone care about that though lol?

Sent from my Droid

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post

Sent from my Droid
    Pft, even my OG Droid has dual LED. This phone is a joke! *Sarcasm*

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post

Sent from my Droid
    Of course it matters, it makes a better flashlight!
    Issemann and llocknload like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast