Visit site
Yup. Straight from Motorola
MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products

droid-bionic-specs.jpg

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just like we thought. Its a Droid 3 with more Ram, Larger Screen, LTE, and no slide out keyboard.

Next questions is release date.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It is the Specs for the original CES Bionic. It say that at the Top: Droid Bionic XT865 The Targa Bionic is XT875!!!

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It is the Specs for the original CES Bionic. It say that at the Top: Droid Bionic XT865 The Targa Bionic is XT875!!!

But the CES version only had 512 MB ram did it not? Not to mention wasn't the hype then about the Tegra2?

I also just registered for the dev site and the link is giving me "Access Denied". Not sure exactly what to think of that.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
But the CES version only had 512 MB ram did it not? Not to mention wasn't the hype then about the Tegra2?

I also just registered for the dev site and the link is giving me "Access Denied". Not sure exactly what to think of that.

You can easily cut and paste or type your own specs in there. I think it is fake.... The New Bionic is XT875 not XT865. In my opinion this spec sheet is bogus. That is why it was pulled.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I swear no one on Droid Life seems to be interested in the Bionic anymore. Kellex basically got everyone drinking the GS2 Kool-Aid along with the HTC Vigor. I don't think the Bionic is going to be a pushover like everyone is making it out to be. The Vigor and Prime are still a while off so I don't get why everyone trashes the Bionic so much over there.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
assuming it's the specs for the Targa, i'm slightly underwhelmed. don't get me wrong, it still looks like a solid device. but, for a flagship device, it doesn't really make me salivate. within a month or 2 after release, it could very well end up at the back of the line when compared to Sammy (Prime or GS2), HTC, etc. (seriously, clocked at 1ghz with a dual core OMAP???) i'm a huge Moto fan, and for its sake i hope it sells really well. right now, tho, i don't think i'm gonna be one of those sales...

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to believe it and I know the model number is not correct. But the specs are definitely different than the phone we saw at CES. It is possible that this was part of the original "upgrade" and then was scrapped. But at this point it's all we have that is from the manufacturer.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I swear no one on Droid Life seems to be interested in the Bionic anymore. Kellex basically got everyone drinking the GS2 Kool-Aid along with the HTC Vigor. I don't think the Bionic is going to be a pushover like everyone is making it out to be. The Vigor and Prime are still a while off so I don't get why everyone trashes the Bionic so much over there.

Because.....especially compared to the GS2....the screen and Touchwiz makes for a waaaay more advanced phone.../s

The Exynos and OMAP 4 are comparable. With the GS2 being clocked a lil higher it will have that lil advantage.

The Prime and Vigor are another story. And like you said they both are a while off...both are probably next year phones. Most of us following the Bionic knew it was a Droid 3 with more Ram, webtop, no keyboard, LTE and bigger.

I guess after all this time some ppl want even more. All I can say is get another phone you feel is more or wait for later phones. Its amazing when the GS2 finally reaches the States....some ppl will say the Bionic is outdated compared to it...I just dont see it.

Last edited:

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Because.....especially compared to the GS2....the screen and Touchwiz makes for a waaaay more advanced phone.../s

The Exynos and OMAP 4 are comparable. With the GS2 being clocked a lil higher it will have that lil advantage.

The Prime and Vigor are another story.

I tried defending the Bionic but no one cares. They're more worried about all these rumored phones than anything else. Hope they like waiting.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I think since the delay we were hoping for something magnificant like at CES. but like they said, they were just making enhancements. If these are fake i bet the real Bionic is right in the ballpark of these specs. It's minor enhancement over the Etna.

Something must have really got in between the Tegra 2 and the LTE antenna, seems like it was the only thing that changed. increase of RAM to supplement the webdock feature.

So Moto keeps their word! Bionic/Targa is an enhancement to the Bionic/etna. Worth an extra 6 months? Probably not. Kind of wish it was at least the 4460 or a 1.2 ghz phone and compared to the Photon, missing global functionality seems to be a loss. Least it's still a dual core Verizon LTE phone!

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Why are people still arguing if it's real or not. It's on Motorola's website! It's real! Finally some confirmed specs!

It's not that it is not real. The point is that it is wrong. We know the part number is incorrect therefore it is WRONG... This table is just not fully updated or something. Some items are likely correct but how do we know with misleading information mixed in.