September 8!!! (new leaked map)

jmayer88

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

new leaked map

Droid Bionic - level 1 launch (whatever that means) on Sept 8

DROID Bionic: (9/8 launch) ? You already know everything about this device, don?t you?
Samsung Stratosphere: (9/8 launch) ? 4G LTE device running Android 2.3
HTC Vigor: (10/6 launch) ? Will replace the HTC Thunderbolt
LG Revolution 2: (10/20 launch) ? Will replace the original Revolution
Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (November launch) ? Could be the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab?
Samsung Illusion: (9/29 launch) ? 3G smartphone running Android 2.3
HTC Bliss: (9/29 launch) ? Lower end Android 2.3 device; the chick phone?
Motorola XOOM 4G LTE: (9/8 launch) ? Assuming this is the date that the 4G LTE upgrade starts.

stratosphere and bionic on the same day! vigor one month later which is a tbolt replacement

decisions, decisions..

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I'm confused by the 'Original Name' field for the Samsung Stratosphere saying 'Aegis', becuase i'm pretty sure the Aegis is a notebook, yet the comments show it as a 4G Smartphone.

Kinda odd that some things are bold/blue and some aren't, i dunno. I'll believe it for now. lol

Brian

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
exciting. Im def getting the bionic. May only have it for a month or so though if that vigor is truly the snapdragon, 720p hd screen, MONSTER that its speculated to be.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
exciting. Im def getting the bionic. May only have it for a month or so though if that vigor is truly the snapdragon, 720p hd screen, MONSTER that its speculated to be.

Make sure if you are not SURE you want to keep the Bionic to buy it from CostCo or some place that has a return policy that extends out far enough. VZW's 14 days will make you angry :)

Brian

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This may not be concrete but two things catch my attention. 1.) If this sammy device is the physical keboard and not the slim GS2 that people want then there isn't anything else coming to vzw from sammy for the remainder of the year. 2.) The nexus device isn't shown on here..
So no slim GS2 and no nexus for rest of year? Interesting, if its up to htc vigor vs bionic or slider keyboard sammy as my only choices then bionic may still get my business.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Really They're gonna launch the HTC Vigor, the 1.5 ghz dual core phone on 10/6 less than month after the Bionic?

I wouldn't touch that phone with a 10ft pole. Not a fan of the Snapdragons, HTC battery life, and the battery life of a 1.5GHz processor/720p screen/LTE. Sammy and Moto are gonna be fighting for my money. Assuming that's the SGSII, of course.

Reactions: jamor

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This may not be concrete but two things catch my attention. 1.) If this sammy device is the physical keboard and not the slim GS2 that people want then there isn't anything else coming to vzw from sammy for the remainder of the year. 2.) The nexus device isn't shown on here..
So no slim GS2 and no nexus for rest of year? Interesting, if its up to htc vigor vs bionic or slider keyboard sammy as my only choices then bionic may still get my business.

i wouldn't read that leak so restrictively. i'm sure devices can always be added to the list. if we were to take your reading, that would mean that VZW, the nation's biggest carrier, will release zero phones and one tablet during the entire holiday season?!? that's a pretty unrealistic conclusion, imo.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I may wait till the end of September. That will give everyone time to test out the Moto and Samsung phones, before I consider the Vigor.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally a concrete release date for these phones. I for one will not be buying a Stratosphere unless they really wow me with something. Not waiting for the Vigor, cool idea with all these gnarly specs, but I've been waiting on gnarly specs from the Bionic. That's all I want, and I agree with irl Panda that HTC consistently has some pretty terrible battery life. The phones usually are great, but the battery life is what really was keeping me on Motorola's boat.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Seriously, no HTC phone has ever done well with a battery. Here is one with dual core 1.5's, a graphics gpu, and a great screen. Are we going to have to wear a battery pack on our backs?

Finally a concrete release date for these phones. I for one will not be buying a Stratosphere unless they really wow me with something. Not waiting for the Vigor, cool idea with all these gnarly specs, but I've been waiting on gnarly specs from the Bionic. That's all I want, and I agree with irl Panda that HTC consistently has some pretty terrible battery life. The phones usually are great, but the battery life is what really was keeping me on Motorola's boat.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Seriously, no HTC phone has ever done well with a battery. Here is one with dual core 1.5's, a graphics gpu, and a great screen. Are we going to have to wear a battery pack on our backs?

Nahhh. it'll come on its own custom blue cart. :)
cart.JPG

(borrowed image from hitek-inc.net)
Brian

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
What? No iPhone5 release date? :p j/k

joking aside, you make a good point - if this were to be VZW's map for all devices for the end of the year, then that would lead us to conclude that VZW won't get the iP5, or that it's not coming out before the end of the year - neither of which is likely. so, this should not in any way be used as an indicator that other devices (like the GS2 or Prime) won't be coming before the end of the year.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Why is everybody so excited that this is the "concrete" release dates? Another picture from "Verizon;" how do we know this is the final one???

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
joking aside, you make a good point - if this were to be VZW's map for all devices for the end of the year, then that would lead us to conclude that VZW won't get the iP5, or that it's not coming out before the end of the year - neither of which is likely. so, this should not in any way be used as an indicator that other devices (like the GS2 or Prime) won't be coming before the end of the year.

You think Apple would let Verizon announce the date of the IPhone 5... I don't think so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21