September 8!!! (new leaked map)

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in what this Stratosphere model really is. You remember the article that Sammy sent a GSII into the stratosphere. Also some people/reporters received a telescope concerning the GSII.

Honestly I don't think it could be GSII because I don't think they can fit an LTE chip in it without totally changing the form factor.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You think Apple would let Verizon announce the date of the IPhone 5... I don't think so.
Apple dictates when, how, where and who makes announcements..

Verizon: So Apple we are going to release your phone on October 8 2011 sound good?

Apple: Sound good?

Verizon: (with huge grin) yeah does it sound good?

Apple: SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OUT OF HERE!!! YOU DON"T RUN THE SHOW WE DO!!! NOW GET OUT!!

Verizon: Gosh I'm sorry..please don't be mad at us. We were just..

Apple: I said SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!!

Verizon: Ok sorry, we are leaving. We didn't mean to upset you...Ok I'm going now....ok bye

Verizon leaves

Apple: (to himself) idiots

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You think Apple would let Verizon announce the date of the IPhone 5... I don't think so.

That's the problem. This isn't a Verizon announcement. Its a leak and who knows how accurate it is. But people don't seem to learn and consider anything like this as an actual announcement from the company. Then when things don't unfold as written here, people complain about delays. When will we learn? smh

Reactions: jroc

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in what this Stratosphere model really is. You remember the article that Sammy sent a GSII into the stratosphere. Also some people/reporters received a telescope concerning the GSII.

Honestly I don't think it could be GSII because I don't think they can fit an LTE chip in it without totally changing the form factor.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I don't think the Stratosphere is the GS2 because we know for sure the slider is 4G and that is the only 4G Samsung phone on that list for this year. The GS2 is likely the Illusion and a 3G only phone.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Stratosphere is the GS2 because we know for sure the slider is 4G and that is the only 4G Samsung phone on that list for this year. The GS2 is likely the Illusion and a 3G only phone.

I highly doubt anyone here will buy the Slider or GS2 if it's 3G only. No one on Verizon at the moment wants another 3G phone, we have plenty :)

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
How many leaked screen shots have we seen in the past 6-8 weeks? Quite a few. How many have turned out to be accurate...........uh, ZERO. When Verizon has an ad on their page or the same for Motorola, I'll believe it. I might even believe a Best Buy circular, but that's about it.

Just another nameless screen shot with a bunch of numbers.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
How many leaked screen shots have we seen in the past 6-8 weeks? Quite a few. How many have turned out to be accurate...........uh, ZERO. When Verizon has an ad on their page or the same for Motorola, I'll believe it. I might even believe a Best Buy circular, but that's about it.

Just another nameless screen shot with a bunch of numbers.

I'm sorry, but this comment needs to be redacted. Logic isn't allowed on this forum.

Reactions: DroidnewVZ

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hold on. What proof do we even have that the "supposed" leak is legit?

I could make such a page through Excel like they did up there in about 5 min.

Maybe I just missed the evidence saying it was legit *shrug*.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Make sure if you are not SURE you want to keep the Bionic to buy it from CostCo or some place that has a return policy that extends out far enough. VZW's 14 days will make you angry :)

Brian

Good idea but I got it covered. I work verizon indirect so I can sell it or return it whenever. : p

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
On a separate note....should this road map prove accurate, it puts the Droid Bionic within a 30 day release window of the HTC Vigor. So, should you find yourself disappointed with the Bionic, you could always run back to Best Buy and trade up, or down, however it may be.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Unrelated but simple question: If I purchase at best buy, costco, etc to take advantage of the more generous return policy:
a) Do you still receive the 'upgrade' price?
b) Do you still get the extra $30 or so 2 year reduction?
c) When buying through one of these retailers will they correctly grandfather in my unlimited data plan?

Thanks in advance... questions seemed simple enough that I didn't want to bother with creating a new thread...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Unrelated but simple question: If I purchase at best buy, costco, etc to take advantage of the more generous return policy:
a) Do you still receive the 'upgrade' price?
b) Do you still get the extra $30 or so 2 year reduction?
c) When buying through one of these retailers will they correctly grandfather in my unlimited data plan?

Thanks in advance... questions seemed simple enough that I didn't want to bother with creating a new thread...

(a) Yes.
(b) Generally no, although I did see one post that said Costco would add in the NE2 discount.
(c) They should. May need to check and double-check to make sure things get processed correctly.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
(a) Yes.
(b) Generally no, although I did see one post that said Costco would add in the NE2 discount.
(c) They should. May need to check and double-check to make sure things get processed correctly.

Great, thank you. In case things don't get processed correctly for (c)... I assume you'd have to call Verizon and get them to fix it?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Great, thank you. In case things don't get processed correctly for (c)... I assume you'd have to call Verizon and get them to fix it?

I would guess so, although I'd make sure that they process it correctly when you buy. Basically, look over their shoulder and say, "Just wanna make sure you keep me on my plan so I'm grandfathered in ..". That would be my approach.

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Usually, however some Best Buy Mobile Reps have been known to mess this up. I actually had a flub in my favor. When the iPhone 3g first released I used my upgrade to get one. For whatever reason my upgrade date did not reset and I was able to early term with no fees and get an OG Droid on launch.

It really all depends on the rep that you get but most tend to be OK.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

new leaked map

Droid Bionic - level 1 launch (whatever that means) on Sept 8

DROID Bionic: (9/8 launch) � You already know everything about this device, don�t you?
Samsung Stratosphere: (9/8 launch) � 4G LTE device running Android 2.3
HTC Vigor: (10/6 launch) � Will replace the HTC Thunderbolt
LG Revolution 2: (10/20 launch) � Will replace the original Revolution
Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (November launch) � Could be the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab?
Samsung Illusion: (9/29 launch) � 3G smartphone running Android 2.3
HTC Bliss: (9/29 launch) � Lower end Android 2.3 device; the chick phone?
Motorola XOOM 4G LTE: (9/8 launch) � Assuming this is the date that the 4G LTE upgrade starts.

stratosphere and bionic on the same day! vigor one month later which is a tbolt replacement

decisions, decisions..

What I learned is to take these leaked map pages with a grain of salt.. Cause as we know from pass map leaks the days have come and gone and the phones where not released. The only one on the list I am sure that will be release next month is the Bionic. The other phones have not had any leaked specs pictures or anything so I really doubt we will see any of the other phones listed for Sept and I dare to say October on the list released any time soon...