Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default September 8!!! (new leaked map)

Leaked Verizon Roadmap Reveals Potential Launch Dates for Stratosphere, Vigor, Bionic and More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

new leaked map

Droid Bionic - level 1 launch (whatever that means) on Sept 8

DROID Bionic: (9/8 launch) – You already know everything about this device, don’t you?
    Samsung Stratosphere: (9/8 launch) – 4G LTE device running Android 2.3
    HTC Vigor: (10/6 launch) – Will replace the HTC Thunderbolt
    LG Revolution 2: (10/20 launch) – Will replace the original Revolution
    Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (November launch) – Could be the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab?
    Samsung Illusion: (9/29 launch) – 3G smartphone running Android 2.3
    HTC Bliss: (9/29 launch) – Lower end Android 2.3 device; the chick phone?
    Motorola XOOM 4G LTE: (9/8 launch) – Assuming this is the date that the 4G LTE upgrade starts.

stratosphere and bionic on the same day! vigor one month later which is a tbolt replacement

decisions, decisions..
    Thanked by 3:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Default Re: September 8!!! (new leaked map)

I_THINK_ Level 1 is pre-order.

This is great news! So these if the specs are better for the Strat BYE BYE Moto for me!

I'm confused by the 'Original Name' field for the Samsung Stratosphere saying 'Aegis', becuase i'm pretty sure the Aegis is a notebook, yet the comments show it as a 4G Smartphone.

Kinda odd that some things are bold/blue and some aren't, i dunno. I'll believe it for now. lol

Brian

exciting. Im def getting the bionic. May only have it for a month or so though if that vigor is truly the snapdragon, 720p hd screen, MONSTER that its speculated to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssawd07 View Post
    This is great news! So these if the specs are better for the Strat BYE BYE Moto for me!
    But... But... there's a new Blackberry Curve 9370 being released. Toadly worth it. haha (j/k)

Brian
    p08757 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1020 View Post
    exciting. Im def getting the bionic. May only have it for a month or so though if that vigor is truly the snapdragon, 720p hd screen, MONSTER that its speculated to be.
    Make sure if you are not SURE you want to keep the Bionic to buy it from CostCo or some place that has a return policy that extends out far enough. VZW's 14 days will make you angry

Brian

Really They're gonna launch the HTC Vigor, the 1.5 ghz dual core phone on 10/6 less than month after the Bionic?

This may not be concrete but two things catch my attention. 1.) If this sammy device is the physical keboard and not the slim GS2 that people want then there isn't anything else coming to vzw from sammy for the remainder of the year. 2.) The nexus device isn't shown on here..
    So no slim GS2 and no nexus for rest of year? Interesting, if its up to htc vigor vs bionic or slider keyboard sammy as my only choices then bionic may still get my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    Really They're gonna launch the HTC Vigor, the 1.5 ghz dual core phone on 10/6 less than month after the Bionic?
    I wouldn't touch that phone with a 10ft pole. Not a fan of the Snapdragons, HTC battery life, and the battery life of a 1.5GHz processor/720p screen/LTE. Sammy and Moto are gonna be fighting for my money. Assuming that's the SGSII, of course.

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    This may not be concrete but two things catch my attention. 1.) If this sammy device is the physical keboard and not the slim GS2 that people want then there isn't anything else coming to vzw from sammy for the remainder of the year. 2.) The nexus device isn't shown on here..
    So no slim GS2 and no nexus for rest of year? Interesting, if its up to htc vigor vs bionic or slider keyboard sammy as my only choices then bionic may still get my business.
    i wouldn't read that leak so restrictively. i'm sure devices can always be added to the list. if we were to take your reading, that would mean that VZW, the nation's biggest carrier, will release zero phones and one tablet during the entire holiday season?!? that's a pretty unrealistic conclusion, imo.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts

I may wait till the end of September. That will give everyone time to test out the Moto and Samsung phones, before I consider the Vigor.
    llocknload likes this.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Finally a concrete release date for these phones. I for one will not be buying a Stratosphere unless they really wow me with something. Not waiting for the Vigor, cool idea with all these gnarly specs, but I've been waiting on gnarly specs from the Bionic. That's all I want, and I agree with irl Panda that HTC consistently has some pretty terrible battery life. The phones usually are great, but the battery life is what really was keeping me on Motorola's boat.

What? No iPhone5 release date? j/k
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

Seriously, no HTC phone has ever done well with a battery. Here is one with dual core 1.5's, a graphics gpu, and a great screen. Are we going to have to wear a battery pack on our backs?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Finally a concrete release date for these phones. I for one will not be buying a Stratosphere unless they really wow me with something. Not waiting for the Vigor, cool idea with all these gnarly specs, but I've been waiting on gnarly specs from the Bionic. That's all I want, and I agree with irl Panda that HTC consistently has some pretty terrible battery life. The phones usually are great, but the battery life is what really was keeping me on Motorola's boat.
    orchidsbloom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Seriously, no HTC phone has ever done well with a battery. Here is one with dual core 1.5's, a graphics gpu, and a great screen. Are we going to have to wear a battery pack on our backs?
    Nahhh. it'll come on its own custom blue cart.

(borrowed image from hitek-inc.net)
    Brian

ROM
    Stock

Thanked by:

ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by rookie84 View Post
    What? No iPhone5 release date? j/k
    joking aside, you make a good point - if this were to be VZW's map for all devices for the end of the year, then that would lead us to conclude that VZW won't get the iP5, or that it's not coming out before the end of the year - neither of which is likely. so, this should not in any way be used as an indicator that other devices (like the GS2 or Prime) won't be coming before the end of the year.

Why is everybody so excited that this is the "concrete" release dates? Another picture from "Verizon;" how do we know this is the final one???
    Cory
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    joking aside, you make a good point - if this were to be VZW's map for all devices for the end of the year, then that would lead us to conclude that VZW won't get the iP5, or that it's not coming out before the end of the year - neither of which is likely. so, this should not in any way be used as an indicator that other devices (like the GS2 or Prime) won't be coming before the end of the year.
    You think Apple would let Verizon announce the date of the IPhone 5... I don't think so.
    dennydavis228 likes this.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

I'm interested in what this Stratosphere model really is. You remember the article that Sammy sent a GSII into the stratosphere. Also some people/reporters received a telescope concerning the GSII.

Honestly I don't think it could be GSII because I don't think they can fit an LTE chip in it without totally changing the form factor.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

You think Apple would let Verizon announce the date of the IPhone 5... I don't think so.
    Apple dictates when, how, where and who makes announcements..

Verizon: So Apple we are going to release your phone on October 8 2011 sound good?

Apple: Sound good?

Verizon: (with huge grin) yeah does it sound good?

Apple: SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OUT OF HERE!!! YOU DON"T RUN THE SHOW WE DO!!! NOW GET OUT!!

Verizon: Gosh I'm sorry..please don't be mad at us. We were just..

Apple: I said SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!!

Verizon: Ok sorry, we are leaving. We didn't mean to upset you...Ok I'm going now....ok bye

Verizon leaves

Apple: (to himself) idiots

That's the problem. This isn't a Verizon announcement. Its a leak and who knows how accurate it is. But people don't seem to learn and consider anything like this as an actual announcement from the company. Then when things don't unfold as written here, people complain about delays. When will we learn? smh
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 Bugless Beast

"level one launch" ???
    Could this mean Verizon is actually going to advertise the Bionic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi.PZ View Post
    "level one launch" ???
    Could this mean Verizon is actually going to advertise the Bionic?
    That was my thought seeing upgraded to level one launch. Looks like vz is rolling out the "red" carpet for bionic. Yes pun was intended.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast