Who is fully committed to getting the Bionic?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So, if I did root my brand new bionic and it started having problems, I could prob get it back to the way it was. At least enough to validate Moto or VZW recognizing my warranty/insurance?

When and if the SBF for the Bionic is released. Sure you could flash back to stock.

Chances are they may not even notice or care if you are rooted, but there is always that risk.

You should only root and hack your phone if you can afford to replace it your self. From what I've seen its kind of hard to permanently brick most phones, but it is possible.

If you play, you may have to pay.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't rooting your phone void the warranty and such. Then doesn't it also void your insurance if it breaks or something. Of course, if you broke the screen and messed it up pretty bad, would they be able to tell that you rooted it?

Yes it does. if youre worried about that, then I suggest that you do not do it. I would equate it to driving a few miles per hour (a few...not 15 or 20) over the speed limit. no cop is going to pull you over and write a ticket for 68 or 69 in a 65 zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am!! VZW and MOTO are having a party tonight here in South Beach for the top 42 sales ppl in the country.

By the end of next week the number of hands that phone will be in is going to creep up slightly.

sfay93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have fun at the party but don't drink too much so when you get home you can take CLEAR pics from all angles with . We can't have you drunk and wobbly. :D

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
looking forwadr to better pics and more info, maybe even a video preview of the phone

The pics we have are as good as it gets until a reviewer gets his/her hands on the device. If jobs had opposites then testers and photographers we be as opposite as it gets. I also doubt we get any video before release.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shrugger

May 11, 2011
Visit site
What would make you unsure about this one? If it's the screen, you can go look at the Droid X2 or Droid 3 down at a Verizon store. Anything else is irrelevent :p

Oh, I don't know. Some of us care about other things as well. Like will the phone lock you out for several seconds when switching from 4G service to 3G or back again. Does the battery last more than a few hours? Does it have some other fundamental defect still?

Others of us also think about other phones potentially being released within a few weeks of the Bionic and making trade-off analyses.

If you buy phones based off of paper specs alone, go for it. But, many of us like to know the phone actually works before we buy it, and we also like to determine its value in relation to the overall market at the time before we buy.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What would make you unsure about this one?...
Then give the Bionic some love and Vote for Verizon's best Android phone if you haven't already.

The Bionic just made the Top 10!
1. Sprint HTC EVO 3D
2. Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
3. Sprint HTC EVO 4G
4. AT&T Motorola Atrix
5. T-Mobile HTC Sensation
6. AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G
7. Verizon HTC Droid Incredible
8. Sprint Motorola Photon
9. Verizon Samsung Droid Charge
10. Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic

...but it is just barely hanging on to tenth place!

2011 Reader's Choice Awards Research:
? 4.3" Displays are Now the Sweet Spot
? HTC Dominates the 2011 Readers Choice Awards
? Verizon and Sprint Lead in the 2011 Reader's Choice Awards

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Then give the Bionic some love and Vote for Verizon's best Android phone if you haven't already.

The Bionic just made the Top 10!
1. Sprint HTC EVO 3D
2. Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
3. Sprint HTC EVO 4G
4. AT&T Motorola Atrix
5. T-Mobile HTC Sensation
6. AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G
7. Verizon HTC Droid Incredible
8. Sprint Motorola Photon
9. Verizon Samsung Droid Charge
10. Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic

...but it is just barely hanging on to tenth place!

2011 Reader's Choice Awards Research:
? 4.3" Displays are Now the Sweet Spot
? HTC Dominates the 2011 Readers Choice Awards
? Verizon and Sprint Lead in the 2011 Reader's Choice Awards

I'm not voting for something that isn't out yet. :-!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I don't know. Some of us care about other things as well. Like will the phone lock you out for several seconds when switching from 4G service to 3G or back again. Does the battery last more than a few hours? Does it have some other fundamental defect still?

Others of us also think about other phones potentially being released within a few weeks of the Bionic and making trade-off analyses.

If you buy phones based off of paper specs alone, go for it. But, many of us like to know the phone actually works before we buy it, and we also like to determine its value in relation to the overall market at the time before we buy.

WELL, I guess you told us! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie