Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DolfanCole
  • 1 Post By trailblazen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola's Semi-Official Announcement

Not sure when this was updated, but it has been updated. Seems to me like Motorola is almost Confident they are expecting to release the Bionic in September, but they are using some media "weasel words" to cover there back side, just in case.
    The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon

April 19, 2011

Motorola Mobility delivered the original DROID in 2009, an award winning device and one of the most successful smartphones launched. The company followed with the DROID X, DROID 2 Global, and DROID PRO. We believe the DROID BIONIC will have those same award winning features and will be one of the best 4G LTE devices on the market.

Motorola Mobility strives to deliver the best possible user experience with all of its devices. We are working to ensure that the DROID BIONIC meets the expectations of consumers who are awaiting its availability.

In collaboration with Verizon Wireless, we are expecting to launch DROID BIONIC this September. We are very excited about the new enhancements that have been incorporated into our first 4G LTE smartphone since we first announced it at CES, and look forward to revealing more details as we get closer to launch.
    The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon - Fact Sheets - Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Default Re: Motorola's Semi-Official Announcement

Well you never truly know with ole Big Red and Moto.

Jha (Moto CEO) did say during the earnings call 2 weeks ago that it would release in September and be the first dual core LTE phone on VZW / in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by clearrants View Post
    Jha (Moto CEO) did say during the earnings call 2 weeks ago that it would release in September and be the first dual core LTE phone on VZW / in the US.
    He also said it would have been released at the end of the second quarter.

Although I'm more inclined to trust their confidence in September this time given all the leaks we've been getting lately.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by clearrants View Post
    I don't recall that part of the statement. You sure? I know it'll be Moto's first LTE phone on VZW.
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    I don't recall that part of the statement. You sure? I know it'll be Moto's first LTE phone on VZW.
    He did indeed say that. Doesn't mean he's right, though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Asterdroid View Post
    He did indeed say that. Doesn't mean he's right, though.
    He did indeed say that. But with that new update that Jasper put up I'm more inclined to believe that it will be Motorola's first dual core LTE device. Something is telling me that Samsung is going to have the 1st dual core LTE device to hit the market and if that is the case then I will be upgrade eligible in 2013, or whenever the world ends, whichever comes 1st
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

I'm starting to wonder if these CEOs need to have some gag orders put on them. Between Motorola and Samsung, the CEOs are writing checks that I'm not sure they can cash. I'm wondering if the masses of each company cringe whenever they make public declarations like they have recently. I hope they're both right though -- Bionic coming in September, GSII coming in August -- although I do hope the GSII is the 1st dual-core LTE phone to Verizon.
    Friend-O likes this.

ROM
    Stock Bionic, UD3.3.1 OG

Seems to me they took down that page.. anyone else not getting that page when you click the link?

I'm starting to wonder if these CEOs need to have some gag orders put on them. Between Motorola and Samsung, the CEOs are writing checks that I'm not sure they can cash. I'm wondering if the masses of each company cringe whenever they make public declarations like they have recently. I hope they're both right though -- Bionic coming in September, GSII coming in August -- although I do hope the GSII is the 1st dual-core LTE phone to Verizon.
    I see that top gun reference u were hinting at...

It may not be the first LTE phone on Verizon but it will be the first dual core LTE phone on Verizon, provided Sammy doesn't show up with a lil surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by rookie84 View Post
    It may not be the first LTE phone on Verizon but it will be the first dual core LTE phone on Verizon, provided Sammy doesn't show up with a lil surprise...
    doubt it IMO. no recent leaks, no FCC, nothing for VZW up to this point for a sammy suprise any time soon......not saying it won't come at all which I learned in the other forums that it should but don't see it within august and long shot for early September. May see it in early october at latest if leaks start to present themselves in late august/september.*shrugs*

wish all the best for those waiting though.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    corymcnutt likes this.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

This was posted back in April at Motorola's website and nobody saw this until today? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarioVT View Post
    This was posted back in April at Motorola's website and nobody saw this until today? WTF?
    moto was ninja
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarioVT View Post
    It's been there since April, but it was just recently updated from saying summer to saying September.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well September is the last month of summer so it is not like they made some major announcement that it was coming in September.