When will you buy the bionic?

When will you get your Droid Bionic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbermanmd

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i am going to wait until....

1. the Bionics battery life is well established and must pass my 12 hour rule. It must last from the time I leave my house to the time I return without having to have a "bump charge" is how i think you guys term it.

2. the Samsung product comes out if if comes out within 4-6 weeks of the Bionics release, along with any other LTE/4G devices that are released that compete with the Bionic.

3. the iPhone 5 comes out which should be around the same 4-6 week time range. I cannot believe i am even considering it but I am. My wife ended up getting the iPhone4 while Big Red had the unlimited data plan and i have been very impressed with it.

4. I see few if any complaints about it on this BB. I almost dropped my 2nNew on the TBolt only to be saved by members here who began identifying significant issues with it -- a big thank you to members here.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Similarly for me, I'll buy when ...

1. I know for certain that the GSII will not be out within a month (if not already out).
2. I know for certain that the GSII will not be LTE.

I prefer the GSII over the Bionic, but timing is playing a huge factor.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Similarly for me, I'll buy when ...

1. I know for certain that the GSII will not be out within a month (if not already out).
2. I know for certain that the GSII will not be LTE.

I prefer the GSII over the Bionic, but timing is playing a huge factor.

Hopefully, we'll finally get some concrete details on a VZW release on Monday, 8/29 at Samsung's event. I'm sure they'll drop details on the SGSII for all the carriers.

Knowing the full details of the VZW SGSII beforehand will make deciding on the Bionic a lot easier.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, we'll finally get some concrete details on a VZW release on Monday, 8/29 at Samsung's event. I'm sure they'll drop details on the SGSII for all the carriers.

Knowing the full details of the VZW SGSII beforehand will make deciding on the Bionic a lot easier.

Yep. Exactly. I'm very happy that there will be some sort of announcement before the Bionic drops. That'll make my decision much easier (assuming, of course, that the announcement includes something on the GSII for Verizon).

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been rocking my OG Droid for too long and it is very tempting for me to pre order the Bionic. But i will say i will have to wait to see how other people are doing with it first. I felt a little taken when I pre ordered the fascinates (Samsung) it was many months before they were working right. I don’t want to feel like that again. As long as consumers put up with software problems at release they will think its ok to release phones with issues. Its not OK. I use my phone both for business and personal use and it must work as it should. I do believe the bionic is going to be a phone for me, but I have a trust issue with any manufacturer putting out android devices right now. I have waiting too long not to have smooth and acceptable experience.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Poll needs a "I will wait and see what I hear about the GS2/Stratosphere (?) at the time the phone is released. If it's nothing, then I will get a Bionic" :)
Agreed. At this point i am going to let both phones come out before I buy one. If moto had released 8/4 I would have been all in, but now it makes sense to see what both companies have to offer. Also, that way I might get the GS2 (even tho bionic is my favorite) play with it for a week, then unless i really like it, i will return it and be united with my bionic :)

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to need the phone to be out for at least 2 weeks before I make a decision. I've probably become a bit of an elitist about this but I'm not a fan of running a phone without root. I'll be monitoring the XDA/RootzWiki for when they finally release a root method. I don't even care if it's as convoluted as the Photon method.

In spite of all the extra time that Moto/VZ has taken on the Bionic, there are way too many phones these days that are being released with irritating issues. However, every device has its early adopters who will enjoy being vocal about whatever the flaws are there, real or perceived. That'll help let me know if I need to wait.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol anything will be better than your EnV Touch. You could pick up a free Android phone and it'd be better. Same here in my case, I've waited on this phone because I want to strap my phone to a rocket and shoot it off, I hate this Chocolate. I will buy this thing as soon as I can, pre-order is a must! Anything is better than this piece of junk
I'll be standing in the midnight line on release day like it was Madden 12

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't buy mail order brides. I want to know more about her than what the in-laws, pictures and best friends are saying. How about seeing the real thing first.....sounds crazy but I'm like that sometimes.

Sent from my DROIDX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995