Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google to acquire Motorola Mobility

Straight from the horse's mouth!

Um... can this mean faster updates for the Bionic in the future?

And on a super vapor sidenote: I guess we should be seeing a Moto Nexus some time in the far future! Save your upgrades people! /sarcasm

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default Re: Google to acquire Motorola Mobility

Well that's good news. I hope this gets approved.

a moto nexus woul be amazing!

Moto Nexus? When? Lolz

Sent from my Tbolt using Tapatalk

Wow...this could be good news!

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

This is huge IMO. Now, Google can make their own phones. I think this is really gonna shake up the market. I also think that a Motorola/Google Nexus is pretty much a guarantee now.

awesome news..

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Just when I was about to go Sammy ...,the Bionic just got sexy.
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly/Trinity

What Johnly said. This means we most likely won't have to worry about the bootloader encryption issues with Moto phones anymore, for one thing, as well as many other benefits.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Andromadus Mimicry

I'm not sure this was because Google was interested in an oem. This was done purely to protect android with struggling motos patent portfolio.

Other sites claiming this will cause htc and samsung to go wp7, I doubt it. And I doubt we will see much google influence in moto.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    ClemC likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Wow... Not a bad move. I honestly thought Google would buy RIM (even though RIM's execs are notoriously stubborn) because they would get access to both the Nortel patent portfolio and RIM's enterprise business. RIM would be a bigger headache since they would take a lot more work to make them profitable.

This will be a good move for Google though IMO.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
    I'm not sure this was because Google was interested in an oem. This was done purely to protect android with struggling motos patent portfolio.

Other sites claiming this will cause htc and samsung to go wp7, I doubt it. And I doubt we will see much google influence in moto.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    I don't know about this. Patents were definitely a huge reason for the acquisition, but they keep on dropping the line "supercharging the Android ecosystem"

I don't think Google is going to be completely hands off with one of the best hardware makers in the industry.

Also, how bad would it look if a Google-owned OEM didn't release timely updates to their handsets?

I really doubt that HTC and Samsung will switch to WP7. Android has been a huge moneymaker for them and I doubt WP7 would be as compelling.

Also, I believe I said MMI's shares would be worth 40 by the end of the year....look at that...

I, for one, welcome MMI's new corporate overlords...

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

God what does this mean for the Bionic......Please delay it nd update it and mke it a Nexus Bionic instead of a droid bionic....Bye Bye Blur pleaseeeeeeee
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    God what does this mean for the Bionic......Please delay it nd update it and mke it a Nexus Bionic instead of a droid bionic....Bye Bye Blur pleaseeeeeeee
    uh, no thanks.

Woah just saw this on yahoo news. Didn't even get to read the article and came straight here because I knew it would already be in discussion LOL. I'm expecting big things from Moto more so than I already have.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    Banned

ROM
    CM7

I see a few people claiming that this won't affect Motorola phones or bootloader - but what do they all have in common? They all purchased HTCs which means they are trying to justify their now regretful purchase.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by jamor View Post
    I see a few people claiming that this won't affect Motorola phones or bootloader - but what do they all have in common? They all purchased HTCs which means they are trying to justify their now regretful purchase.
    Even if it takes a little bit for it to have an affect (I think this is the case), if you consider the life of a phone to be 2 years this is still a very good sign for anyone planning on buying a Moto in the near future.
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!

So I guess we wouldn't be surprised to see:

• Moto Nexii
    • Google influence to unlock bootloaders
    • Google branded handsets

-fingerscrossed-
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Its going to take some time before we see a collaboration coming out of this but this is excellent news. Looks like I will eventually return to my roots, no pun intended, once this gets squared away. Lets see how this shakes out and effects their product portfolio

Sent from my Droid
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Its going to take some time before we see a collaboration coming out of this but this is excellent news. Looks like I will eventually return to my roots, no pun intended, once this gets squared away. Lets see how this shakes out and effects their product portfolio

Sent from my Droid
    Looking into the future a bit, the pentile issue should become less of a problem as technology advances in the next year or two also (higher resolution would make subpixels less noticeable, or simply put, pentile may be moved away from). That's good news for you down the line too.
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by nrk View Post
    Looking into the future a bit, the pentile issue should become less of a problem as technology advances in the next year or two also (higher resolution would make subpixels less noticeable, or simply put, pentile may be moved away from). That's good news for you down the line too.
    Absolutely I wouldn't be surprised to see a new screen on their next LTE handset. (after the Bionic)

Sent from my Droid

Do you think we will see an Motorola Dual Core or Quad Core Nexus next year?
    Fanboi

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Do you think we will see an Motorola Dual Core or Quad Core Nexus next year?
    Probably late next year, yes. I'd be surprised if the next (post-Nexus Prime) Nexus phone isn't a Motorola device.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Moto owes its life to Google. On the verge of death and Google swoops in and saves them.

Its just amazing how clueless Moto is. This is the best thing to happen to them now lets just hope Sanjay gets out of the way. Maybe he will be the first to get the boot. Lets hope so.

Sent from my Droid
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast