Best Buy finally finished their ad :)

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Only took their Ad department like 2 months to make this from the last leak we saw, but Droid Life got its hand on an image of it:

bionic-best-buy.jpg

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
YES! Moving closer...any Best Buy people heard anything? Some of the photos, like this one, make the case look lighter gray rather than black...I hope it is gray, I think it looks better!

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of best buy, has anybody heard anything from DBM in a while? I haven't seen him on here since he said he got a new VZW rep. Any news?

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bleh, VGA front facing Camera.. I knew they would go this route but, bleh...

Meh.. I'm not sad about the VGA FFC.

Considering the distances you're holding the phone from your face while using Skype and other kinds of video - if this thing was SuperDuperOMGhd Resolution those who would Skype with you would be as if they were in intercourse range they could see so much detail.

Not a pretty picture for some people I know.. *shudder*.

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Bleh, VGA front facing Camera.. I knew they would go this route but, bleh...

Right? who wants a VGA when you can have a choppy 5 fps 2.0mp FFC? The quality and pixels will go up when 4g is everywhere and quad core are the norm, hey that's around the time my next upgrade will come up after getting the Bionic! imagine that.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I never really studied up on these things. Does VGA have a specific resolution or does it have a range of possible resolutions?

.3 mega pixels and I think it's 640 x 480? It's small and since we're so used to hearing 5 mega pixels or 8 etc... i think most companies would rather say VGA instead of 0.3 megapixels haha.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
.3 mega pixels and I think it's 640 x 480? It's small and since we're so used to hearing 5 mega pixels or 8 etc... i think most companies would rather say VGA instead of 0.3 megapixels haha.

You are absolutely correct, they do not want to say 0.3mp because it doesn't sound good when compared to 2.0mp. VGA's do not look horrible for skype, I will admit it. But for a LTE network I don't think 2.0mp would cause any "chopiness" at all. Just my opinion.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You are absolutely correct, they do not want to say 0.3mp because it doesn't sound good when compared to 2.0mp. VGA's do not look horrible for skype, I will admit it. But for a LTE network I don't think 2.0mp would cause any "chopiness" at all. Just my opinion.

But you'll both have to be on LTE and be getting okay reception. Not something that everyone can do, I know we don't have LTE here quite yet, they did announce we'd have it here in SB, but I'm speculating a late fall release for that. 3G is fine for a little while anyways, I've got WiFi almost all day every day since my school now has WiFi set up for everyone too. 3G is probably still faster though :p.
But yeah, I would be totally fine with VGA FFCs. I think most laptops come with about that anyways, I think my camera on here is 2 MP, but I have a nice laptop.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with both of you. I think in the future when more devices run on 4G LTE, 1.3 or 2.0 will be the norm. I actually like how they didn't try to fit more new tech into the phone and kept something that will work better by todays standards and a little down the road. Im still kind of suprised we need dual core phones. Actually it seems we do not, but I'll get it if they build it! haha.

Needless to say i think the Bionic will be fine for 2 years and if it's not... I'll probably bite the bullet and find a way to get a new phone. Some might say that's a hassle I say, it's an adventure!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree with both of you. I think in the future when more devices run on 4G LTE, 1.3 or 2.0 will be the norm. I actually like how they didn't try to fit more new tech into the phone and kept something that will work better by todays standards and a little down the road. Im still kind of suprised we need dual core phones. Actually it seems we do not, but I'll get it if they build it! haha.

Needless to say i think the Bionic will be fine for 2 years and if it's not... I'll probably bite the bullet and find a way to get a new phone. Some might say that's a hassle I say, it's an adventure!

You get a nice case on the Bionic and a good screen protector, the phone itself will last quite a while. My Chocolate has lasted a pretty long time, and it was a piece of junk in the first place. In about 3-4 months the Bionic will be outdated, the GSII will be outdated, etc. etc. Just buy today's best standards and you'll get something will be at least in working shape in two years.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Right? who wants a VGA when you can have a choppy 5 fps 2.0mp FFC? The quality and pixels will go up when 4g is everywhere and quad core are the norm, hey that's around the time my next upgrade will come up after getting the Bionic! imagine that.

Too bad they did away with new every 2.... Guess your upgrade will be full retail. I get the sick feeling quad core will be next year :p

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49