Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Rules

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Happy

Default Best Buy finally finished their ad :)

Only took their Ad department like 2 months to make this from the last leak we saw, but Droid Life got its hand on an image of it:

Default Re: Best Buy finally finished their ad :)

Nice glare on the phone. Hope that's a standard feature!

YES! Moving closer...any Best Buy people heard anything? Some of the photos, like this one, make the case look lighter gray rather than black...I hope it is gray, I think it looks better!
    Cory

FAKE!
    Fable, jroc, DolfanCole and 3 others like this.

it looks like the one that got leaked a while ago. I guess it looks like it finally went to print.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

ROM
    CM 7 with Chevys LV 1GHz

Speaking of best buy, has anybody heard anything from DBM in a while? I haven't seen him on here since he said he got a new VZW rep. Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    it looks like the one that got leaked a while ago. I guess it looks like it finally went to print.
    Which means it'll be in stores very soon. As will a certain phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

lmao. Forgot I had that laying around. Here's the one they didn't show you.

Here's More: http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...s-hit-best-buy
    Thanked by 4:
    trailblazen and steelebear like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    lmao. Forgot I had that laying around. Here's the one they didn't show you.

Here's More: http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...s-hit-best-buy
    OMG and here comes Phil with the knockout blow LOL. AC exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt4321 View Post
    Speaking of best buy, has anybody heard anything from DBM in a while? I haven't seen him on here since he said he got a new VZW rep. Any news?
    We aren't supposed to talk about it... Shhhh...... Poor guy...

Bleh, VGA front facing Camera.. I knew they would go this route but, bleh...

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Meh.. I'm not sad about the VGA FFC.

Considering the distances you're holding the phone from your face while using Skype and other kinds of video - if this thing was SuperDuperOMGhd Resolution those who would Skype with you would be as if they were in intercourse range they could see so much detail.

Not a pretty picture for some people I know.. *shudder*.
    corymcnutt likes this.

ROM
    N/A

Right? who wants a VGA when you can have a choppy 5 fps 2.0mp FFC? The quality and pixels will go up when 4g is everywhere and quad core are the norm, hey that's around the time my next upgrade will come up after getting the Bionic! imagine that.

I never really studied up on these things. Does VGA have a specific resolution or does it have a range of possible resolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by eygraber View Post
    I never really studied up on these things. Does VGA have a specific resolution or does it have a range of possible resolutions?
    .3 mega pixels and I think it's 640 x 480? It's small and since we're so used to hearing 5 mega pixels or 8 etc... i think most companies would rather say VGA instead of 0.3 megapixels haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    .3 mega pixels and I think it's 640 x 480? It's small and since we're so used to hearing 5 mega pixels or 8 etc... i think most companies would rather say VGA instead of 0.3 megapixels haha.
    You are absolutely correct, they do not want to say 0.3mp because it doesn't sound good when compared to 2.0mp. VGA's do not look horrible for skype, I will admit it. But for a LTE network I don't think 2.0mp would cause any "chopiness" at all. Just my opinion.

ROM
    AOKP JB

You are absolutely correct, they do not want to say 0.3mp because it doesn't sound good when compared to 2.0mp. VGA's do not look horrible for skype, I will admit it. But for a LTE network I don't think 2.0mp would cause any "chopiness" at all. Just my opinion.
    But you'll both have to be on LTE and be getting okay reception. Not something that everyone can do, I know we don't have LTE here quite yet, they did announce we'd have it here in SB, but I'm speculating a late fall release for that. 3G is fine for a little while anyways, I've got WiFi almost all day every day since my school now has WiFi set up for everyone too. 3G is probably still faster though .
    But yeah, I would be totally fine with VGA FFCs. I think most laptops come with about that anyways, I think my camera on here is 2 MP, but I have a nice laptop.

I agree with both of you. I think in the future when more devices run on 4G LTE, 1.3 or 2.0 will be the norm. I actually like how they didn't try to fit more new tech into the phone and kept something that will work better by todays standards and a little down the road. Im still kind of suprised we need dual core phones. Actually it seems we do not, but I'll get it if they build it! haha.

Needless to say i think the Bionic will be fine for 2 years and if it's not... I'll probably bite the bullet and find a way to get a new phone. Some might say that's a hassle I say, it's an adventure!
    Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by Workodactyl View Post
    I agree with both of you. I think in the future when more devices run on 4G LTE, 1.3 or 2.0 will be the norm. I actually like how they didn't try to fit more new tech into the phone and kept something that will work better by todays standards and a little down the road. Im still kind of suprised we need dual core phones. Actually it seems we do not, but I'll get it if they build it! haha.

Needless to say i think the Bionic will be fine for 2 years and if it's not... I'll probably bite the bullet and find a way to get a new phone. Some might say that's a hassle I say, it's an adventure!
    You get a nice case on the Bionic and a good screen protector, the phone itself will last quite a while. My Chocolate has lasted a pretty long time, and it was a piece of junk in the first place. In about 3-4 months the Bionic will be outdated, the GSII will be outdated, etc. etc. Just buy today's best standards and you'll get something will be at least in working shape in two years.
    BasPilot and Workodactyl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beermanmike View Post
    Right? who wants a VGA when you can have a choppy 5 fps 2.0mp FFC? The quality and pixels will go up when 4g is everywhere and quad core are the norm, hey that's around the time my next upgrade will come up after getting the Bionic! imagine that.
    Too bad they did away with new every 2.... Guess your upgrade will be full retail. I get the sick feeling quad core will be next year :-P

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm4292 View Post
    Too bad they did away with new every 2.... Guess your upgrade will be full retail. I get the sick feeling quad core will be next year :-P

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

They got rid of new every two discounts not the 2 year pricing. We won't get the additional $30 or $50 ontop of the two year pricing anymore. We still get 2 year pricing without paying full retail.
    Last edited by trailblazen; 08-20-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    WARNING! MISINFORMATION ALERT!!!!! They got rid of new every two DISCOUNTS not the 2 year pricing. We won't get the additional $30 or $50 ontop of the two year pricing anymore. We STILL get 2 year pricing without paying full retail.
    Ya, I'll only get $50 off rather than $100 according to Verizon...I thought they were grandfathering us one more NE2? I get 20% work discount, but I think it's only on my plan, not equipment.
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Ya, I'll only get $50 off rather than $100 according to Verizon...I thought they were grandfathering us one more NE2? I get 20% work discount, but I think it's only on my plan, not equipment.
    Can't speak for everyone but according to the website I still have my $50 NE2 Credit (I know this is the last time I will get one, but I still have it).

[BOX="Upgrade at Discounted Price + $50 Credit. Eligible for New Every Two on 07/06/2011"][/BOX]

Upgrade at Discounted Price + $50 Credit.
    Eligible for New Every Two on 07/06/2011
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

If you were under contract before 1/16/11,u were grandfathered in with one last NE2 after you've been under contract over a year with Verizon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jasper...does it subtract the other $50 when you check out? Mine says the same thing yours does, but if I pretend I am buying the Charge, for instance, it only takes $50 off if I add it to the cart.
    Cory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast