Bionic on the first page of Verizon's website !! UPDATE #3

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bionic on the first page of Verizon's website !!

Like I said just dropping info for people. Create a thread or not. Thread is on droidforums.

Sent from my Droid

Would you mind linking to the thread? I'd like a heads up if the bionic might have some issues, but the only thread I can find on the issue on droidforums is just one guy having a problem in one area.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: trailblazen

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Cory beat me to it. I was going to post link to HoFo.

Regardless read up on the problem the D3 is having just in case something pops up. There could be a fix or some good info in the thread. And no I'm not going to hunt the thread down in DroidForums. I gave you a heads up find it yourself :)

Sent from my Droid

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Cory beat me to it. I was going to post link to HoFo.

Regardless read up on the problem the D3 is having just in case something pops up. There could be a fix or some good info in the thread. And no I'm not going to hunt the thread down in DroidForums. I gave you a heads up find it yourself :)

Sent from my Droid

well, thanks for trying to induce panic and being utterly useless. I appreciate it. :)

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

One guy did. Just be aware is all I'm saying. Can't hurt

Sent from my Droid

Could it be just the Droid 3 having the problem. Every phone is different. And from what I read it is not all the D3's having the problem.

shrugger

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I don't want to start a whole new thread on a possible GPS issue but perhaps somebody else does.

Look into the issues the D3 is having with GPS. This may effect the Bionic.

Its best to be informed and aware. Spread the word as you see fit.

Sent from my Droid

Ohh CK, you so craaaazzzeeeeeee!!! Giggle giggle!!!

I actually did go look at your thread on Droid Forums. It does sound like a few people are having a problem. A few people are also having WiFi problems. A guy has a dead 3G radio. Another guy is having random reboots. Basically, all the things you see in the forums after every new phone is released. Where is the big systematic problem you're seeing?

BTW- check out the list of problems people are having with the S2, maybe we need threads to warn people about the S2's random reboots, data connection problems, speaker problems, microphone problems, wifi problems, screen problems with yellowing (which actually made a number of tech blogs), etc.
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Could it be just the Droid 3 having the problem. Every phone is different. And from what I read it is not all the D3's having the problem.

Could absolutely be just the Droid 3 but since the Bionic is using the same GPS its just something to be aware of.

Guys I don't know how to make it anymore clear. Its something to be familiar with in case some Bionic units have the same issue. If not, great. If some units do well now you know what's going on.

Why is this turning into something weird?

Sent from my Droid

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

xuAmF.gif

Reactions: adinofaries

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I just went into Internet Explorer, and I saw it. For some reason it doesn't show up on Chrome...? It's weird. It's kind of useless, but cool to see that Verizon is legitimately acknowledging that they are releasing it "soon."

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I just went into Internet Explorer, and I saw it. For some reason it doesn't show up on Chrome...? It's weird. It's kind of useless, but cool to see that Verizon is legitimately acknowledging that they are releasing it "soon."

Just saw it, and was using Chrome by the way. Not that it really means much...wish it was a link to the preorder page rather than just the email signup.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

here is kbman's post from page 85 of that same thread:

The GPS on the Droid 3 works great. although differently than other Droid devices because it uses the TI OMAP GPS receiver on the SOC instead of the Qualcomm GPS receiver on the radio chipset.
It also doesn't pass on the raw NMEA data to the Android system so you don't get readouts or displays of the satellite positions, just fix data.

What is not working about your GPS?

It is very likely that the Bionic will employ the same GPS hardware as the D3.

i'm not sure what to make of this, but it seems like it could be an issue. especially the part where he says that "you don't get readouts or displays of satellite positions." i'm not exactly sure what he's saying here, but it seems he's saying that you don't get an accurate display of your gps position (even if the phone is accurately recording your position), which seems to be what some of the complaints are. if you're not getting an accurate display of your position, i can see where people would complain. i don't know if this could be considered a bug, a problem, an issue, etc. but, it would be something i would want to be aware of.

edit: but then here's another post from the same thread:

The Bionic's GPS is lightning fast and very accurate. It gets a lock faster than any other phone I've compared it to (including the D3, DX2, Thunderbolt, & Charge). It also maintains that lock strongly.

still not sure what to make of it all. regardless, i'm gonna sit on the sidelines for a while with this one.

Last edited:

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys do know that it just is one of the several banner ads that rotates through on the main page right? Its shown up for me everytime.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Just saw it, and was using Chrome by the way. Not that it really means much...wish it was a link to the preorder page rather than just the email signup.

I'm now seeing it on Chrome today. Cool. Now make that button turn into something cool, Verizon. I'm tired of staring at that email page.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm now seeing it on Chrome today. Cool. Now make that button turn into something cool, Verizon. I'm tired of staring at that email page.

I hear ya, Killer...I can see it in any browser now, but why to they continue to tease us? Just put it on your site and and tells us when we can order it...or let us pre-order it and you'll have a good idea how many you need for the big "kick off!"

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I hear ya, Killer...I can see it in any browser now, but why to they continue to tease us? Just put it on your site and and tells us when we can order it...or let us pre-order it and you'll have a good idea how many you need for the big "kick off!"

A lot of normal people that aren't on these blogs and forums are probably going to be really confused if they don't do something soon. Most people would just not care and not worry about it since there's no information.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bionic on the first page of Verizon's website !! UPDATE #2

Oh, and if anyone didn't notice, they changed the "coming soon" to September.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma