Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Thanked by 3:
  2. #2  
    kca2000's Avatar

    Posts
    755 Posts
    ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Looks like there is some serious battery control on this phone. Lots of options. 3 Hours of standby with 10% down? This could be good..

    Edit: I also see the MicroSD is removable without taking the battery out. Nice extra to see.
    Last edited by kca2000; 08-23-2011 at 06:18 PM.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    this is like the fifth bionic leak of the day! Im lovin it!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by adin99 View Post
    this is like the fifth bionic leak of the day! Im lovin it!
    Ditto. Now if only they'd leak the damn pre-order page so I can give my credit card some excercise! lol
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  5. #5  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Looks like there is some serious battery control on this phone. Lots of options. 3 Hours of standby with 10% down? This could be good..

    Edit: I also see the MicroSD is removable without taking the battery out. Nice extra to see.
    That is a standard Blur feature. I also noticed the battery life, though. My phone has been doing a lot of random reboots and left me stranded in the ghetto in New Orleans a few times 2 weeks ago. I think the Bionic will hold me over until something else catches my eye.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    bworley50's Avatar

    Posts
    922 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    That is a standard Blur feature. I also noticed the battery life, though. My phone has been doing a lot of random reboots and left me stranded in the ghetto in New Orleans a few times 2 weeks ago. I think the Bionic will hold me over until something else catches my eye.
    If you walk 5 blocks in any direction in New Orleans you will find a ghetto. C'mon man, get real.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    If you walk 5 blocks in any direction in New Orleans you will find a ghetto. C'mon man, get real.
    That's the point. I'm not from there and couldn't find my way out. Insightful comment, though.
    biogon likes this.
  8. #8  
    bworley50's Avatar

    Posts
    922 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    That's the point. I'm not from there and couldn't find my way out. Insightful comment, though.
    That's why you need a Bionic
  9. #9  
    kca2000's Avatar

    Posts
    755 Posts
    ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    That is a standard Blur feature. I also noticed the battery life, though. My phone has been doing a lot of random reboots and left me stranded in the ghetto in New Orleans a few times 2 weeks ago. I think the Bionic will hold me over until something else catches my eye.

    Can anyone comment on what night mode does? VS Battery saving? I didnt know this was a blur feature. Never came across it. Good to see the options either way.
  10. #10  
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

    Default

    Tell me about it. I've been there many times - one wrong turn and you think shooting is about to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    If you walk 5 blocks in any direction in New Orleans you will find a ghetto. C'mon man, get real.
  11. #11  
    bworley50's Avatar

    Posts
    922 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Tell me about it. I've been there many times - one wrong turn and you think shooting is about to start.
    Having said that, it is the best city in the world. And I have been to hundreds of cities in the US and Europe. My opinion of course.
  12. #12  
    bworley50's Avatar

    Posts
    922 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Can anyone comment on what night mode does? VS Battery saving? I didnt know this was a blur feature. Never came across it. Good to see the options either way.
    You have normal operation during the day, but battery saver at night. While phone is not connected to a charger it stops syncing data after 15 minutes of inactivity during off-peak hours (10 pm-5am). Syncing resumes when you press any button. Syncs without restriction during peak hours.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Where are the other 4 leaks from today?? The video is the only other one that Ive seen.
  14. #14  
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    At night it's in a Dock so it won't be very useful to me.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    At night it's in a Dock so it won't be very useful to me.
    Do you use your phone while you sleep? If you do, please tell use what you do with it? On second thought, don't tell us.
    Cory
  16. #16  
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

    Default

    Have you ever used a dock? It turns the phone into a clock, an alarm clock, music player, etc...

    I use it as my clock and alarm clock.

    Also I would prefer the battery be full when I wake up.


    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Do you use your phone while you sleep? If you do, please tell use what you do with it? On second thought, don't tell us.
  17. #17  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Since we are mostly looking at white backgrounds, not much to look at on the screen to see how good the pentile is. If it's anything like the X2 or D3, then it's fine for me at least. Not sure about everyone else, but they seemed bright and clear when holding it at a good distance away from my face, about where I'd normally use it.
    But anyways...I like to see that kind of battery saving! lol. 10% for 3 hours of idling? That's damn good for an LTE device. Still, can't tell what it was doing while idling, but even if it's just doing less often data pulling, got to be pretty good on the battery if it's lasting that long. And he is on LTE, not 3G so if you need even more battery, just turn off the LTE radio and this thing will run for a very VERY long time. I know for the first few weeks or so, (hopefully not months) I'll keep it off since they haven't put LTE in here in SB yet. Should have it this fall though right? We're a pretty popular area with a lot of people that will buy 4G phones this fall and winter...because everyone here is rich. I, on the other hand, will be scraping the barrel getting this phone and the plan lol.
    I'm loving that 32GB of space right out of the box! Also, why do all these people have crappy 4G reception lol? Are they in their basement, trying to hide from Motorola for leaking the phone?

    Has anyone noticed that everyone over at Droid-Life is SUPER biased? The author of the articles, he has made his followers all hate Pentiles and all this other crap, and I don't think they really even understand it. I know, some people have problems with the pentile, but everyone's going ballistic over there just hating on the Bionic for stuff they probably don't even understand...


    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Have you ever used a dock? It turns the phone into a clock, an alarm clock, music player, etc...

    I use it as my clock and alarm clock.

    Also I would prefer the battery be full when I wake up.
    I used to use my PSP to do that when I had a little homebrew app for it to be an alarm clock and music player. But obviously it's a bit chunky compared to an Android device, in both hardware and software aspects.
    Last edited by KillerG; 08-24-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    adinofaries likes this.
  18. #18  
    Jeryl31's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    at first when i saw this, i had a bad feeling then i thought about when i had a thunderbolt when the battery would drain within 5 hours to dead, so this is definitely refreshing to me almost reassuring my wait
  19. #19  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Battery life looks promising.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Have you ever used a dock? It turns the phone into a clock, an alarm clock, music player, etc...

    I use it as my clock and alarm clock.

    Also I would prefer the battery be full when I wake up.
    Yes, I use a dock all the time at night and love it..I can actually see the time without my glasses! I'm sorry, I miss understood your first post..."At night it's in a Dock so it won't be very useful to me." I thought you were upset because you did not want to use a dock, as the phone won't be useful to you. My mistake, sorry.
    Cory
  21. #21  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Since we are mostly looking at white backgrounds, not much to look at on the screen to see how good the pentile is. If it's anything like the X2 or D3, then it's fine for me at least. Not sure about everyone else, but they seemed bright and clear when holding it at a good distance away from my face, about where I'd normally use it.
    But anyways...I like to see that kind of battery saving! lol. 10% for 3 hours of idling? That's damn good for an LTE device. Still, can't tell what it was doing while idling, but even if it's just doing less often data pulling, got to be pretty good on the battery if it's lasting that long. And he is on LTE, not 3G so if you need even more battery, just turn off the LTE radio and this thing will run for a very VERY long time. I know for the first few weeks or so, (hopefully not months) I'll keep it off since they haven't put LTE in here in SB yet. Should have it this fall though right? We're a pretty popular area with a lot of people that will buy 4G phones this fall and winter...because everyone here is rich. I, on the other hand, will be scraping the barrel getting this phone and the plan lol.
    I'm loving that 32GB of space right out of the box! Also, why do all these people have crappy 4G reception lol? Are they in their basement, trying to hide from Motorola for leaking the phone?

    Has anyone noticed that everyone over at Droid-Life is SUPER biased? The author of the articles, he has made his followers all hate Pentiles and all this other crap, and I don't think they really even understand it. I know, some people have problems with the pentile, but everyone's going ballistic over there just hating on the Bionic for stuff they probably don't even understand...

    YES, I have noticed that too - the screen looks fine IMHO. For me, I like the more natural looking colors...the SA+ screens are too saturated for me; yes, the colors jump out at you, but they are not realistic in my eyes. Just my .02.
    Cory
  22. #22  
    nrk
    nrk is offline
    nrk's Avatar

    Posts
    441 Posts
    ROM
    Kin3tx

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    YES, I have noticed that too - the screen looks fine IMHO. For me, I like the more natural looking colors...the SA+ screens are too saturated for me; yes, the colors jump out at you, but they are not realistic in my eyes. Just my .02.
    I don't mind SA+ screens either, but yes, Kellex fanboys are hilarious. Just like lemmings...
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!
    adinofaries likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Whats real funny about Pentile is it wasnt all this hate for it last year. And the GS1 was in the U.S. since June. Pentile screen n all. The Incredible too.

    I believe it a hate Motorola thing.
  24. #24  
    eallan's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post

    The screen looks awful. These pictures may actually sway me to not by the phone. Look at any green straight line. Just a disgusting screen.

    Sigh.

    Edit: Look how awful this button looks.
  25. #25  
    eallan's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default Re: More Bionic pictures... closeups of the screen

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Whats real funny about Pentile is it wasnt all this hate for it last year. And the GS1 was in the U.S. since June. Pentile screen n all. The Incredible too.

    I believe it a hate Motorola thing.
    Whats really funny is that you don't understand what you're talking about. Motorola uses a new type of pentile layout. They're using RGBW whereas the GS and N1 used a RGBG layout. They're very different.

    The RGBG at least has straight lines of green pixels (the most visibile to us) so that not everything looks horrible. Plus, there was a TON of hate for the pentile in the first place. So much so, that samsung's new SAMOLED+ has RGB stripe (normal) as a selling feature and people raved about it (I have one, it's much improved in the pixel department.)
    Thanked by:
    Friend-O likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions