Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hvalergir
  • 1 Post By beermanmike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My conversation with a VZW chat rep

Hey guys and the rare lady. For giggles i decided to hop on the Verizon site and talk to one of tier chat reps to see if i could maybe trick one of them into letting me pre order. Here is the conversation

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Allysa'

Allysa: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: i was wondering about the droid bionic

Allysa: It is not being released until 9/8

Allysa: Are you a new customer today?

You: no i have a upgrade

Allysa: Oh awesome!

You: can i preorder?

Allysa: Bionic

Allysa: There is the link to put in your email to get the pre order information =)

You: why thank you dear

Allysa: You are welcome haha

Allysa: Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

You: not now but thanks for the date

Allysa: no problem!

Allysa: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have a great evening!

Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.

So she gave me the 8th date now we have to take it with a grain of salt because well the chat reps are not always the most informed people but still its somebody who gets paid by Verizon giving us a date.

Default Re: My conversation with a VZW chat rep

'shoulda asked her for a date, you were on a roll, man!
    adinofaries and KillerG like this.

Interesting...normally Verizon reps never give dates until the phone is officially announced. They'll just say: "sorry I don't have any information about the release date at this time, here is the sign-up page for updates."

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Interesting...normally Verizon reps never give dates until the phone is officially announced. They'll just say: "sorry I don't have any information about the release date at this time, here is the sign-up page for updates."
    Yeah strange that she did that. Hmmmmm maybe she's just speculating or they actually know? Well I guess we'll know friday?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Yeah strange that she did that. Hmmmmm maybe she's just speculating or they actually know? Well I guess we'll know friday?
    I actually called VZW Sales and asked some legitimate questions about my upgrade date, and what my discount would be if I were to potentially pre-order the Bionic IF its available to do so next week. Discount for my NE2 would be $50 if I wait till the 7th or later and that does NOT count if I pre-order ahead of time and receive the phone on the 8th, I have to order the phone on the 7th or later. So.. that sux. Obviously the 7th is MY date for NE2 so no one else should take that as fact for themselves.

BUT, the guy said they have been getting a ton of calls lately and still do not have any information they've been given. Bummer.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    I actually called VZW Sales and asked some legitimate questions about my upgrade date, and what my discount would be if I were to potentially pre-order the Bionic IF its available to do so next week. Discount for my NE2 would be $50 if I wait till the 7th or later and that does NOT count if I pre-order ahead of time and receive the phone on the 8th, I have to order the phone on the 7th or later. So.. that sux. Obviously the 7th is MY date for NE2 so no one else should take that as fact for themselves.

BUT, the guy said they have been getting a ton of calls lately and still do not have any information they've been given. Bummer.
    I think my NE2 date is up on the 28th actually, so I should get $50 off as well correct? I don't get the NE2 if I buy it from Amazon do I though? Since they will sell it for about $50 cheaper anyways

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    I think my NE2 date is up on the 28th actually, so I should get $50 off as well correct? I don't get the NE2 if I buy it from Amazon do I though? Since they will sell it for about $50 cheaper anyways
    As long as you mean 4 days from now 28th, yeah you'll get the NE2 discount via Verizon, assuming you call on or after the 28th and pre-order/order. Not sure if NE2 is available at any other retailers, just the 2-year discount.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Now what do you guys think is smarter buying at say best buy paying more and having there sweet insurance/ return policy or going right to the VZW store and getting there limited insurance but the 50 off for NE2 and a discount on my case screen protector and the like? Just looking for opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahobbs21 View Post
    Now what do you guys think is smarter buying at say best buy paying more and having there sweet insurance/ return policy or going right to the VZW store and getting there limited insurance but the 50 off for NE2 and a discount on my case screen protector and the like? Just looking for opinions.
    Depends on whether you really do intend on potentially returning it I do not as i'm not picky, I like technology and there are few things that would make me return it. Besides, on a phone i'd be using heavily every day for the near future, i'd know WELL within that 14 day timeframe for VZW's return policy to not have to worry about having a longer option to return. Save the money and go with VZW, just make your decision in less than 14 days.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    As long as you mean 4 days from now 28th, yeah you'll get the NE2 discount via Verizon, assuming you call on or after the 28th and pre-order/order. Not sure if NE2 is available at any other retailers, just the 2-year discount.
    Yeah I get the NE2 discount on the 28th. I think Verizon just has the NE2 if you buy it from them . I'll probably buy a case with it, so maybe buying from Verizon is a good idea, since they'll sell the case for cheaper.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

The phone will be in stores on the 8th

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    The phone will be in stores on the 8th
    Based off of?

Just some info I got: Not sure if it's considered NE2 or not but they told me I'd save $50. I inquired as to why they said save and they told me the credit is $30 and they waive the $20 activation fee... So a $299 phone is really $269 and they don't add in a bogus effing fee that verizon is notorious for.

Like I said i'm not sure if that's considered NE2 or loyal customer discout or whatever but its food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by eygraber View Post
    Based off of?
    most every bionic leak in the last month.

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Based on the conversation I just had with a Verizon online rep, they're just not informed or intelligent. I don't know how much I would trust anything they say.

Tameika: Hi, my name is Tameika, Thanks for using out chat service. How may I assist you today?

Lyndzi: Hello. I'm up for an upgrade and I was wondering if there was any information available yet on the Droid Bionic that I've seen an ad for?

Tameika: Sure! I would be more than happy to assist you with resetting your password today. I am sorry, that phone has not yet been released, and I do not further have any information at this time.

Lyndzi: I don't need my password reset?

Tameika: Are you able to sign into the account.

Lyndzi: Yes. I didn't say anything about my password. I just asked about the phone

Tameika: I am sorry you can in under the logging information, I have to make sure that you can sign in. Would you like to look at another phone?

Lyndzi: No, thank you
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

ROM
    N/A

My convo:

Jenna: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

Mike: Yea, i have an upgrade and i heard something about a droid bionic but can't find it on the verizon page

Jenna: I would be happy to go over that phone.

Jenna: It is not on the website, it doesnt come out until 9/8/11.
    KillerG likes this.