My conversation with a VZW chat rep
08-30-2011 11:58 PM
- Hey guys and the rare lady. For giggles i decided to hop on the Verizon site and talk to one of tier chat reps to see if i could maybe trick one of them into letting me pre order. Here is the conversation
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Allysa'
Allysa: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
You: i was wondering about the droid bionic
Allysa: It is not being released until 9/8
Allysa: Are you a new customer today?
You: no i have a upgrade
Allysa: Oh awesome!
You: can i preorder?
Allysa: There is the link to put in your email to get the pre order information =)
You: why thank you dear
Allysa: You are welcome haha
Allysa: Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?
You: not now but thanks for the date
Allysa: no problem!
Allysa: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have a great evening!
Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.
So she gave me the 8th date now we have to take it with a grain of salt because well the chat reps are not always the most informed people but still its somebody who gets paid by Verizon giving us a date.08-24-2011 05:48 PM
- 08-24-2011 07:28 PM
BUT, the guy said they have been getting a ton of calls lately and still do not have any information they've been given. Bummer.08-24-2011 07:32 PM
- I actually called VZW Sales and asked some legitimate questions about my upgrade date, and what my discount would be if I were to potentially pre-order the Bionic IF its available to do so next week. Discount for my NE2 would be $50 if I wait till the 7th or later and that does NOT count if I pre-order ahead of time and receive the phone on the 8th, I have to order the phone on the 7th or later. So.. that sux. Obviously the 7th is MY date for NE2 so no one else should take that as fact for themselves.
BUT, the guy said they have been getting a ton of calls lately and still do not have any information they've been given. Bummer.08-24-2011 07:36 PM
- 08-24-2011 07:47 PM
- Now what do you guys think is smarter buying at say best buy paying more and having there sweet insurance/ return policy or going right to the VZW store and getting there limited insurance but the 50 off for NE2 and a discount on my case screen protector and the like? Just looking for opinions.08-24-2011 08:18 PM
- Now what do you guys think is smarter buying at say best buy paying more and having there sweet insurance/ return policy or going right to the VZW store and getting there limited insurance but the 50 off for NE2 and a discount on my case screen protector and the like? Just looking for opinions.08-24-2011 08:33 PM
- 08-24-2011 08:39 PM
- Just some info I got: Not sure if it's considered NE2 or not but they told me I'd save $50. I inquired as to why they said save and they told me the credit is $30 and they waive the $20 activation fee... So a $299 phone is really $269 and they don't add in a bogus effing fee that verizon is notorious for.
Like I said i'm not sure if that's considered NE2 or loyal customer discout or whatever but its food for thought.08-25-2011 08:44 AM
- Based on the conversation I just had with a Verizon online rep, they're just not informed or intelligent. I don't know how much I would trust anything they say.
Tameika: Hi, my name is Tameika, Thanks for using out chat service. How may I assist you today?
Lyndzi: Hello. I'm up for an upgrade and I was wondering if there was any information available yet on the Droid Bionic that I've seen an ad for?
Tameika: Sure! I would be more than happy to assist you with resetting your password today. I am sorry, that phone has not yet been released, and I do not further have any information at this time.
Lyndzi: I don't need my password reset?
Tameika: Are you able to sign into the account.
Lyndzi: Yes. I didn't say anything about my password. I just asked about the phone
Tameika: I am sorry you can in under the logging information, I have to make sure that you can sign in. Would you like to look at another phone?
Lyndzi: No, thank you08-30-2011 11:19 PM
- My convo:
Jenna: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
Mike: Yea, i have an upgrade and i heard something about a droid bionic but can't find it on the verizon page
Jenna: I would be happy to go over that phone.
Jenna: It is not on the website, it doesnt come out until 9/8/11.08-30-2011 11:58 PMLike 1
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
My conversation with a VZW chat rep
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD