New Bionic Video on Youtube

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty awesome to me! I'm sure they'll have the little bug fixed before launch. I think this phone really will rule all machines

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Really was not turned on by the LTE scores in the first video. Really glad to see the mark the Bionic set in this video. That test SMOKES my home cable upload. Insane!

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care about that bug because I'll be using a launcher replacement anyways. Can't wait to have this phone!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if that is something they fix with a patch before it's released (I mean it's pretty obvious). Otherwise, it's looking good!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sexy machine ruling motor blur purring (borrowed from Terrigno) beast! I know the prime is coming, but I am not sure I can pass on this. Motor has taken SERIOUS time with this, and preliminary results are showing.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It was just a small launcher bug where the widgets and shortcuts would get stuck at an angle between screen swipes but is fixed by touching the screen. its nothing launcher pro wouldn't fix

Reactions: p08757

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks great. Everything is incredibly smooth. I don't mind the bug so much because it seems the only way to produce it is by switching screens in that specific manner. I'm also pretty sure they'll have it fixed by release. So far the phone is incredibly snappy, has better battery life than my Droid, and the colors on the screen look great to me (though it's really hard to tell based off another camera like that).

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks great. Everything is incredibly smooth. I don't mind the bug so much because it seems the only way to produce it is by switching screens in that specific manner. I'm also pretty sure they'll have it fixed by release. So far the phone is incredibly snappy, has better battery life than my Droid, and the colors on the screen look great to me (though it's really hard to tell based off another camera like that).

I was thinking the exact same thing and I couldn't agree more, especially the background of the rock, the screen looks beautiful for some reason. I think I have def. switched to the 100% sure I will pre-order first chance. My OG droid needs put to rest.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree, fast, smooth, looks great - As soon as I see "preorders open" Verizon will hear from me!

The bug it seems only provoked when you go to the home screen switcher and pick one. Generally I just swipe to get from screen to screen so it's not a huge issue.

Annoying, yeah, showstopper - not really and I expect it'll be fixed short time after. QA departments can be pretty darn good but the general public subjects phones to crap that testers would never dream of (trust me, I know!). If it's not fixed immediately it'll be a month or so after and bug reports start rolling in.

I still remember my OG Droid when I bought it on launch day - memory quickly fades as to the problems it had after launch. I had lots of problems with crashes and other battery pull type issues which have largely vanished in subsequent releases.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree, fast, smooth, looks great - As soon as I see "preorders open" Verizon will hear from me!

The bug it seems only provoked when you go to the home screen switcher and pick one. Generally I just swipe to get from screen to screen so it's not a huge issue.

Annoying, yeah, showstopper - not really and I expect it'll be fixed short time after. QA departments can be pretty darn good but the general public subjects phones to crap that testers would never dream of (trust me, I know!). If it's not fixed immediately it'll be a month or so after and bug reports start rolling in.

I still remember my OG Droid when I bought it on launch day - memory quickly fades as to the problems it had after launch. I had lots of problems with crashes and other battery pull type issues which have largely vanished in subsequent releases.

This is what always scares me about buying a new phone. I don't want to get a dud. My OG Droid was perfect. Except the camera. Do you guys remember when, no matter what, the camera would absolutely not focus on anything? Even in perfect conditions. Then it turns out it had to due with a bug concerning the date on the phone. I remember waking up one morning, reading about it, and then taking a picture of the first thing I saw and it magically worked perfectly (as perfect as the camera can get anyway). Everyone thought Google secretly installed an OTA update. xD

Grumple

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This may be a weird question, but the favorite contacts widget comes off right? I don't like having little faces on my home screen. :p

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Snake_915

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The bug actually only seems to happen when he goes to the home preview screen, picks a screen, then immediately presses home button. On one occasion, he doesn't touch the home button soon enough after he picks the screen and the bug doesn't occur. So it's not a big deal at all.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is what always scares me about buying a new phone. I don't want to get a dud. My OG Droid was perfect. Except the camera. Do you guys remember when, no matter what, the camera would absolutely not focus on anything? Even in perfect conditions. Then it turns out it had to due with a bug concerning the date on the phone. I remember waking up one morning, reading about it, and then taking a picture of the first thing I saw and it magically worked perfectly (as perfect as the camera can get anyway). Everyone thought Google secretly installed an OTA update. xD

Actually I do remember that one! And the thing that "magically" fixed it was the fact it was a bug with the way the date was getting parsed - and when the date rolled X it allowed the code to function correctly. I'd have to dig to get into the nitty gritty but ooof- that one was a nasty one.

Some of the OG Droid launch problems I had were things like using Nav, get a call, phone would hard lock going in and or/out of the call. There are also a bunch of other random issues here and there. Bottom line is it's a much better phone than it was when it came out.

Part of this I believe is just Android itself. For better or worse, the OG Droid was one of the big milestone phones (pardon the pun) for the Android OS. That it was the first big massive launch of Android on a major carrier that got a high level of advertising and so on. Of course there had been Android phones out well before the Droid, but the Droid really put it in the spotlight. The Android OS has been improving at a pretty high rate, more polish, more standardization, better code, etc.

After having been through this, I'm ready and fully expect to run into issues with the Bionic. You really can't go to the absolute bleeding edge and not expect to run into problems here and there. If it's too bad, well, VZW will get the phone back w/some rather angry exchanges and I have my OG Droid to fall back on. I have faith it will not come to this, for Motorola, the stakes are simply too high to fail.

Reactions: jroc

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The bug actually only seems to happen when he goes to the home preview screen, picks a screen, then immediately presses home button. On one occasion, he doesn't touch the home button soon enough after he picks the screen and the bug doesn't occur. So it's not a big deal at all.

If that's the ONLY bug, I will be HAPPY...a minor nuisance, which I sure can be fixed easily enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo