Thickness?

koei

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Spec says .4" but is that from the thickest point? Cause that's not thick at all. (It's probably the only deal breaker for me at this point that will sway me from a ATT GS2)

Hope someone can post some measurements and comparison pictures.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Spec says .4" but is that from the thickest point? Cause that's not thick at all. (It's probably the only deal breaker for me at this point that will sway me from a ATT GS2)

It is, more than likely, the thickness from the thinnest part of the phone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Why in God's name would you choose an ATT GS2 running on their limp-wristed excuse for an HSPA+ network over an LTE powered Bionic?

koei

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
thickness1.jpg

Assuming the picture is pretty accurate I did some arithmetic. Should be fairly close to actual. about 11.5mm at thickest point.

Last edited:

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
i got a case.... definately thinner than a tbolt on one end and the hump is a little more than half a inch. the width is just perfect. not at wide as my gf's tbolt.

koei

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt is definitely too thick, which the main reason why I stayed away from LTE phones since they were all too bricky.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
thickness.jpg

Assuming the picture is pretty accurate I did some arithmetic. Should be fairly close to actual. about 115cm at thickest point.

According to this, the phone is 39 inches thick. Damn. :p Even if you meant mm, the phone would still be 4.5 inches thick, according to this.

Reactions: koei

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I always assumed the .4" thickness would be at the longest depth not the shortest, thus this is going to be a pretty slim phone. I saw some comparison of it to the DX2 and it's just slightly larger, of course the hump on the Bionic is more pronounced. but I'm pretty excited about this concept.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I would bet a good amount of money that the hump is around .5 inches and the slimmer part of the phone is .4 inches.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My post from another thread:

Look at the very bottom of the picture at the end of the post:
Verizon Equipment Guide Says DROID Bionic Will Launch in All Channels September 8 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

5 high X 2.6 wide X 0.4 deep

assuming they are not rounding these off to the nearest 0.1, this makes a thickness of 10.16 mm, which is only 1.26mm thicker than the global GSII.

Not bad, not bad at all.

or if they are rounding thent he thickness is any where from .35 (8.89mm) to .44 (11.18mm), still not bad.

still doesn't mention if this is the hump dim or not.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt is definitely too thick, which the main reason why I stayed away from LTE phones since they were all too bricky.

Well, make a choice then, even if the Bionic is thicker. Choose download speeds at around 2mbps if you're lucky and a thin device, or as much as 25mbps and a slightly thicker device. I think it would be insanity to choose the device on AT&T, but that's me.