Bionic Users' Manual Download

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We must be geeks to download and look at this. :)

Consider the irony though. When you get a gadget, do you turn it on and play with it or sit down and read its manual? My manuals stay in the box and the gadget comes out to play.
The inverse is true when we can't get our hands on the gadget. We'll sit and read through the whole manual no matter how pointless it is.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw some people on Droid Life say that the manual makes no mention of a notification LED. Hopefully this is just an oversight and it still has one or I'll be pissed. That's one reason why I don't like Samsung phones is the lack of a notification LED

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
We must be geeks to download and look at this. :)

Consider the irony though. When you get a gadget, do you turn it on and play with it or sit down and read its manual? My manuals stay in the box and the gadget comes out to play.
The inverse is true when we can't get our hands on the gadget. We'll sit and read through the whole manual no matter how pointless it is.

There is not a single fingerprint on the manual for my OG Droid. Still have the box, receipt, 2 of the 3 screen protectors (had trouble getting the first one on straight and said eff it), etc.. all sitting in the white/red bag they gave it to me in at the store. Yep, i'm a pack rat.

Brian

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
:/ Can't access that download site from work......anyone care to share the actual pdf?!?!? LOL! I won't be home until late this evening to view it.....and I'm BORED at work on conference calls!!!

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I notice there's no mention of a notification LED in the Droid X or Droid 3's user guides either. So i think it's safe to say the Bionic will have one since all other Motorola phones do.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
:/ Can't access that download site from work......anyone care to share the actual pdf?!?!? LOL! I won't be home until late this evening to view it.....and I'm BORED at work on conference calls!!!

Uploaded to my site. Low traffic site... PLENTY of bandwidth to burn, no one wants to read about my car (site hasn't been updated in YEARS) :)

Index of /Bionic

Reactions: D1andOnlyOmen

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I notice there's no mention of a notification LED in the Droid X or Droid 3's user guides either. So i think it's safe to say the Bionic will have one since all other Motorola phones do.

I sincerely hope so. That is one reason I stay far away from Samsung phones. I don't understand why a manufacturer wouldn't include it. If you don't want it to blink, just turn it off.
I wonder if there's FCC documents that might say if it has one for sure.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid just tweeted stating that it does have an LED light. fwiw...

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I always read the manual before I push a button on any thing I buy. ......Maybe just me but I find reading the manual to be fun.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I always read the manual before I push a button on any thing I buy. ......Maybe just me but I find reading the manual to be fun.

Lol I used to be that guy, too. I've gotten less patient with age though, nowadays I usually just jump right in but I'm still a manual guy at heart... I'll always eventually get to it / skim it to see if I can pick up any useful tips/tricks/etc..

Of course I just finished reading the entire bionic manual but that's a diff story, lol :)

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol I used to be that guy, too. I've gotten less patient with age though, nowadays I usually just jump right in but I'm still a manual guy at heart... I'll always eventually get to it / skim it to see if I can pick up any useful tips/tricks/etc..

Of course I just finished reading the entire bionic manual but that's a diff story, lol :)

was it worth the read? im so impatient right now i think i'm topping the ADHD charts.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I sincerely hope so. That is one reason I stay far away from Samsung phones. I don't understand why a manufacturer wouldn't include it. If you don't want it to blink, just turn it off.
I wonder if there's FCC documents that might say if it has one for sure.

at&t's gsii has a notification led, just a factoid

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
was it worth the read? im so impatient right now i think i'm topping the ADHD charts.

Meh... haha if you got the time to kill, can't hurt. I picked up a few things that were interesting. Though keep in mind I'm still an android virgin so if you've got experience with it I'm sure it will be less useful.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jeez
  • Skimmed/Read Manual - Check!
  • Clicking Refresh on this forum every 5 minutes for the last month - Check!
  • Called VZW and pestered them about it - Check!
  • Used online chat to do the same - Check!
  • Stopped into my local corporate store > 3 times regarding this phone - Check!
  • Ran the scavenger hunt bloatware on my poor geriatric OG Droid - Check!
  • Given into despiration and sought out inflatable version of stupid phone to satisfy myself - Um, where do I buy one?

And in this case I wouldn't call it ADHD.. it's more like OCD...

What am I going to do with myself once I have this silly thing in my hands. I think AC's bandwidth bill will be going down.