Upgrading from a Dx

jaydee15

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone here upgrading to the Bionic from the Droid X? Do you guys think its worth using an update or should I hold off on something else? Any input would help thanks( I guess I need convincing before i decide to buy the Bionic)

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am considering the upgrade. For me I have to personally see the phone. What is going to decide if I get the phone or not depending on the build quality, texture, ease of handling. I use the crap out of my phones and I need a phone that will last me a good chunk of time.

Bionic has solid stats but is a tad slow on the release with much better phones coming out soon. My Droid X is nice but still the software is very glitchy with lots of random freezes, reboots, crashing etc... If the Bionic doesn't have such problems I will probably buy it.

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a DX also. It's worth the upgrade to me because it is basically twice the phone. Higher res screen, dual core, twice the RAM, 4G.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
For me, Im only upgrading because LTE just came to my area. Otherwise I would wait.

It also helps that I have 2 upgrades in my back pocket.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I went from the OG (didn't love the keyboard) to the Droid X which I still love to this day. But after experiencing 4G there is no reason for me not to get this phone. Its night and day and all my work locations and home get a signal. Although unfoturnately my home office is the worst of them and I drop my aircard line from time to time. But I can always Wifi it at home too.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I got my X day one (pre-ordered online) the 7/16 and I've about had it..although i still love my X, it's just becoming more & more problematic. Ever since the first GB update, my camera doesn't focus, reboots, freezes, force closes everything etc. the recent update we had didn't fix anything. I'm hoping the Bionic isn't plagued with all these issues and i definitely think it's worth the upgrade.

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be updating from the DX. For me the dual core and the 4G are the driving factors for me. I really love my DX and have not had very many problems with it.

If I wouldn't have played with a friends Thunderbolt and not gotten a taste of 4G I may not want to upgrade so bad :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I really love the screen on the DX. It is the only one that I have seen that comes close to the retina display on fruit phones. Having seen the pentile screens on the X2 and Charge I am really hoping for an improvement on the Bionic. Pentile is supposed to do a lot to improve battery life but at the expense of clarity. After hearing Joe the Insider's remarks about it being much better I am excited to see it for myself.
Because I read a lot on my X the screen is the most important feature. Worst case, I can tolerate some lower performance by not upgrading until something better comes along.

[tapatalk - shadow]

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
The upgrade from my storm to Droid 1 was awesome!!
I hope to see the same awesomeness with the bionic.

Id say from what we have seen so far it'd be worth the upgrade from any phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I too will be upgrading from the X to the Bionic. I've had a great experience with the X since I upgraded from the OG Droid. Both were great phones and excellent build quality, also I've been impressed with Moto's customer service with my OG Droid. Based on what I've seen/read about the Bionic I see no reason not to pick it up! :)

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I got my X day one (pre-ordered online) the 7/16 and I've about had it..although i still love my X, it's just becoming more & more problematic. Ever since the first GB update, my camera doesn't focus, reboots, freezes, force closes everything etc. the recent update we had didn't fix anything. I'm hoping the Bionic isn't plagued with all these issues and i definitely think it's worth the upgrade.

I was a day one Droid X user too and have the same problems as you. My wife's Droid X was gotten a couple months later and her phone has always worked stellar and both phones have same version of everything.

Hmmm. making me wonder if all of us with problems may have gotten a bad batch with that first wave of phones.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was a day one Droid X user too and have the same problems as you. My wife's Droid X was gotten a couple months later and her phone has always worked stellar and both phones have same version of everything.

Hmmm. making me wonder if all of us with problems may have gotten a bad batch with that first wave of phones.

It's possible lol. My friend DX looks different on the front (looks like a FFC but really just the LED light, bigger opening etc.) and his has no problems but mine was decently well until we got GB. GB really messed my phone up lol. I play music, phone restarts, try to look a picture from the gallery (that was taken w my blurry camera lol)..it pops up a for second then disappears with the error symbol, about 50% i plug it in the charger it immediately reboots, also sometimes when I turn the screen on the unlock option isn't there so I have to take the battery out each time to reboot. the WORST thing is randomly, my phone starts making this alarm sound, like dudhdudhuddhddudhdudh VERY loud and won't stop unless I take the battery out. Very embarrassing in my classes at my college lol

let's hope the bionic experience will be much better, which i'm sure it will be. :) still love my X tho

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I really love the screen on the DX. It is the only one that I have seen that comes close to the retina display on fruit phones. Having seen the pentile screens on the X2 and Charge I am really hoping for an improvement on the Bionic. Pentile is supposed to do a lot to improve battery life but at the expense of clarity. After hearing Joe the Insider's remarks about it being much better I am excited to see it for myself.
Because I read a lot on my X the screen is the most important feature. Worst case, I can tolerate some lower performance by not upgrading until something better comes along.

[tapatalk - shadow]
I respect your views but the DX screen is nowhere near the iPhones retina display. If you enjoy reading on the DX its even better on iPhone too bad I refiuse to buy an iPhone in its current iteration.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The x looks to be a great phone. I think it's a good upgrade from the x. The x by today's standard can still do anything. If you are in no rush and the other option actually come out in another month like the i phone 5 Htc vigor and Samsung prime. I think each phone will have their own strength's and this way you can evaluate what fit's the bill best for your need's. If you jump on the bionic I think you will be more than fine in doing so it will be a really good product imo.:cool:

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I was day one incredible user then day one x and now i'm going to the bionic, I never had a single problem with my x, it has been the best mobile experience I have ever had. Itl be sad parting from it, i'm sure the bionic will be a great improvement tho

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have so many damn problems with my X I may just bite the bullet and upgrade... *pissed*

Gingerbread has some bugs on the x no doubt. You can try and root it and see hopw you like it then this is what I would consider if I did not water damage my phone so bad. Long story shortMy odds of it bricking are very high.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a DX also. It's worth the upgrade to me because it is basically twice the phone. Higher res screen, dual core, twice the RAM, 4G.

This is what I agree with the most and is the main reason im upgrading from my DX ad well. I think ICS wont be too far off either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk