Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures

Just got the launch kit today and was able to play with it. I will be doing more playing around later. Ill be back tonight for more thoughts and if you guys want to know anything, post your questions now.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures-uploadfromtaptalk1314977802013.jpg   Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures-uploadfromtaptalk1314977816558.jpg   Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures-uploadfromtaptalk1314977861565.jpg  
    Thanked by 43:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Thoughts after using Bionic plus pictures

How does the screen look under normal usage? Is the pentile noticible?
    Thanked by:
    Friend-O likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
    How does the screen look under normal usage? Is the pentile noticible?
    ...ugh...here we go.....

Quote Originally Posted by DroidnewVZ View Post
    ...ugh...here we go.....
    This is actually a pretty valid question and mine as well. P3droid said the screen looks better than both the DX2 and the D3. I'm curious if it's still pentile, or if they improved upon it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 4:
    lembowski and Friend-O like this.

...ugh...here we go.....
    Here we go again what?

Has there been any normal non tech bloggers out there with the phone that have given their opinion on the screen? We are all going off p3droid saying its pentile is better than the DX2 and D3....what does that really tell us?

Easy......

I'm not knocking your question. I'm just envisioning the dozens of silly pro/anti pentile nonsense-comments that will probably be rehashed for the 50th time.
    Thanked by:
    frappa 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Im going to run some tests all day to test battery as well.

Thanked by 2:

Easy......

I'm not knocking your question. I'm just envisioning the dozens of silly pro/anti pentile nonsense-comments that will probably be rehashed for the 50th time.
    No I hear you, this is just the 1st one in the hands of a customer/vzw employee whatever and I suspect we may get some real time opinions.

Asking how the screen looks is a perfectly legitimate question which i'm sure most people want an answer to. But who really cares if its pentile? If you look at it and think it is the best looking screen you've ever seen, then a rep comes over and tells you its a pentile are you going to put it down and leave? how about we start worrying about how it looks instead of if its called "pentile" geez
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

So are you going to a video review on it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Initial thoughts. The phone is extremely light and is actually pretty thin. The battery is 1730 mah and is pretty big. The screen is contoured on the edges and it comes with a 16gb microsd card. Power button is in a awkward spot though. Its on the left shoulder of the phone. Its a pretty big phone as well, its along the lines of the charge. I will report back soon on the screen.

Thanked by 2:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Is the back cover plastic or metal? How do u feel it will hold by removing it allot? How about build quility? Plastic or metal like the X
    Thanked by:

I have a feeling I wll spend more time in this thread than at work today...

Thanked by:
    jroc, corymcnutt, mikeymop and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    how about we start worrying about how it looks instead of if its called "pentile" geez
    I hear you, but when the screen looks pixelated/blurry/ghosted/etc what is causing that.......the pentile.

Is it as wide as the thunderbolt?

is it really as smooth as it looked it the leaked video? there seemed to be no lag at all
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    irl Panda likes this.

is it really as smooth as it looked it the leaked video? there seemed to be no lag at all
    I second this one as well. The phone was Euro SGSII smooth! How much does it take to bog the phone down as well?

Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    I second this one as well. The phone was Euro SGSII smooth! How much does it take to bog the phone down as well?

Exactly! My Chrage is no where near as smooth as the video this is a big one. Looks like this ex-blur OS runs very well on the dual core.

I would love to see a few extra videos of surfing the menus and such.

one thing im wandering is if its the same lapdock accessory as the atrix cuz if so if the atrix dock is cheaper thats what ima get thanks for your time insider
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.

Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Preach2k, hvalergir and DroidnewVZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofsteel927 View Post
    Is it as wide as the thunderbolt?
    I read somewhere that the Bionic's screen was SLIGHTLY slimmer...I hope not, but that's the "word."

I'd like to take the rest of the off and just read the manual and hope the OP posts lots of info/videos to look at!
    Cory

Does it have an actual METAL trim ring around the outside or is that shiny plastic? It also looks more charcoal gray than black?
    Cory
    Thanked by:
    moosc 

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Start up is ridiculously fast, sound is surprisingly good. The back is plastic like the d3. The camera problem that was widely talked about this the d3 is a NON factor. It boots up right away with no lag. The pentile screen looks a little different, but to be honest I love the pentile screen. More on performance in a bit.

I'm a fan of pentile as well. I was surprised in either one of the pictures or the video, though. The screen, for whatever reason, just seemed incredibly vibrant to me. I was more curious when P3 sent that tweet out. Can't wait to see it in real life.

(Posting for sub)

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post

Nice the hear about the camera. Would like to see some pictures or 1080p video from it. The screen is an opinion. There is not a yes or no answer that we can get from one person about the screen. Just gotta go see it for yourself and see if you are good with it.
Page 1 of 17 1234 ... LastLast