1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default So this should work fine with emulators right?

Title basically says it all, one of the main things I'm looking forward to with my first Android phone ie being able to play all the games from my childhood.
    Obviously Game Boy and SNES will work fine, but what about N64? I see there is an emulator on the market already so I guess it's safe to assume that there's already lesser phones out there running it already but I just wanted to be sure. Like I said, first smartphone, so I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

ROM
    GPA19

Default Re: So this should work fine with emulators right?

My OG Droid with a 550mhz processor and 256mb of RAM can run emulators just fine. I'm sure the Bionic will be able to as well xD
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Okay thanks, I figured it would, it's just really hard for me to fathom something so small playing N64 games!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    My OG Droid with a 550mhz processor and 256mb of RAM can run emulators just fine. I'm sure the Bionic will be able to as well xD
    I haven't tried N64 but yeah, NES and SNES are NO problem for my OG Droid. In fact, i bit the bullet and paid the $2 for the Sixaxis Controller app that lets you pair your PS3 Sixaxis controller to your phone via Bluetooth and use it. I was just playing Super Mario Bro's (first one) and got to level 5-1 in about 4 minutes. lol Good stuff.

Brian
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

the week I had my Charge I ran some emulators and it worked just fine.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    I haven't tried N64 but yeah, NES and SNES are NO problem for my OG Droid. In fact, i bit the bullet and paid the $2 for the Sixaxis Controller app that lets you pair your PS3 Sixaxis controller to your phone via Bluetooth and use it. I was just playing Super Mario Bro's (first one) and got to level 5-1 in about 4 minutes. lol Good stuff.

Brian
    I need that app.

Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    I need that app.
    I tried using my OG Droid keyboard so i had a D-Pad and any of the keys on the keyboard as A/B for NES games but it was still a little tough to do. I also tried the on-screen stuff, and yanno, it works, but its just not the same. lol

Not sure how the N64 Emulators would work with a PS3 controller since the layout is different enough. we'll see, I don't have much need for N64 though as all I ever played was Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, and StarFox. MarioKart i wouldn't mind playing, but really, I like all the old NES/SNES games and I have 700 or so of the ROMs.

Can't wait to see how this will work using the HDMI on my big screen lol. Thats what I really want to work well.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

I can tell from experience that the n64 emulator works perfectly on my DROID x. I think the bionic will probably have much smoother graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    I can tell from experience that the n64 emulator works perfectly on my DROID x. I think the bionic will probably have much smoother graphics.
    Which one do you use? I ask because it looks like most of them have been pulled from the Android Market. I even paid for the NES emulator I was using but realized today that it was now gone and not even in my 'history of purchases' on the android market website. Whats up with that lol

I found the APK for it, but i'm betting they're trying to avoid legal issues by keeping those off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    Which one do you use? I ask because it looks like most of them have been pulled from the Android Market. I even paid for the NES emulator I was using but realized today that it was now gone and not even in my 'history of purchases' on the android market website. Whats up with that lol

I found the APK for it, but i'm betting they're trying to avoid legal issues by keeping those off the market.
    Get the slideme app store and its called n64oid by yonghz. Its a paid app around $6 bucks if im not mistaken

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Get the slideme app store and its called n64oid by yonghz. Its a paid app around $6 bucks if im not mistaken

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Ok yeah, thats the one I had heard about. I'll most likely pick it up, hell, its only money right? I like playing games all on one device. Sadly, I use my phone more than my PS3 haha

ROM
    AOKP JB

I was mainly concerned for N64 games myself, but my friend has a Droid X and can almost run N64oid perfectly fine. And they updated it so it works with the dual core CPU now, so N64 games will run fine. SNES, NES, Gameboy, all those run on anything dude.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.