Great news from my wife! I GET ONE!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so here's how it goes. I love these things we call cell phones. I mean, I love reading about the newest stuff, I love reading about the latest possibilities and probabilities. I am with my phone all day every day and I feel like I'm naked if I leave it at home some how or forget it in another room. My wife... she loves that I love them, but she's not really into them. So, she gets her phones and doesn't think much more about them unless I tell her "You gotta have this" or "You gotta try that!" Over the past 4 years or so we have gotten into a run of awesome phones and it seems that I get to be part of the latest new gear all the time. This is how life works though, I don't always get the phones that I want, because I want most of them. But this time... things are just a bit different.

A year and a half ago I got a OG Droid for Father's Day, she actually just bought it out right. Her Storm was on the fritz and that is what made her decide to upgrade my phone so that she could take my Storm 2. (Yes, I had the Storm before that). So I upgrade, she gets my phone. Not long after that she beats the S2 into the ground and we're up for an upgrade. I go out and get the Fascinate and she gets my Droid. Guess what folks!!! My wife's OG Droid is on it's last legs!!!! WHAT LUCK!!! Oh, some of you would read this and say, "Well, it's time for your wife to get an upgrade." I say, Nay. On the first we actually came due for an upgrade. So, what is going to happen? Yeah, it's going down like this, I get the Bionic, and my wife is going to take my Fascinate! I just got the news that her phone wasn't doing well and that she was tired of having to reset the thing multiple times in a day. So now I'm on the line to be with some of you to be owners of the Bionic on the 8th of September.

I live a CHARMED life!

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Charmed indeed, you lucky duck! My husband is just as in to technology as I am, but I'm the one who's due for an upgrade, so he'll be jealous for awhile. Of course that means that late next year he'll have a newer, fancier phone than me, and I'll be the jealous one for awhile lol

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so here's how it goes. I love these things we call cell phones. I mean, I love reading about the newest stuff, I love reading about the latest possibilities and probabilities. I am with my phone all day every day and I feel like I'm naked if I leave it at home some how or forget it in another room. My wife... she loves that I love them, but she's not really into them. So, she gets her phones and doesn't think much more about them unless I tell her "You gotta have this" or "You gotta try that!" Over the past 4 years or so we have gotten into a run of awesome phones and it seems that I get to be part of the latest new gear all the time. This is how life works though, I don't always get the phones that I want, because I want most of them. But this time... things are just a bit different.

A year and a half ago I got a OG Droid for Father's Day, she actually just bought it out right. Her Storm was on the fritz and that is what made her decide to upgrade my phone so that she could take my Storm 2. (Yes, I had the Storm before that). So I upgrade, she gets my phone. Not long after that she beats the S2 into the ground and we're up for an upgrade. I go out and get the Fascinate and she gets my Droid. Guess what folks!!! My wife's OG Droid is on it's last legs!!!! WHAT LUCK!!! Oh, some of you would read this and say, "Well, it's time for your wife to get an upgrade." I say, Nay. On the first we actually came due for an upgrade. So, what is going to happen? Yeah, it's going down like this, I get the Bionic, and my wife is going to take my Fascinate! I just got the news that her phone wasn't doing well and that she was tired of having to reset the thing multiple times in a day. So now I'm on the line to be with some of you to be owners of the Bionic on the 8th of September.

I live a CHARMED life!

Admit it...you loaded her OG droid with a bunch of useless apps so it would stop working. You had this planned all along...and what a clever plan it is :)

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to build the courage to mention to the wife I might want to pick up a Bionic when I'm already going to be picking up a new Kahr CM9 (handgun) this week.

I just don't have it in me :-/

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a wife yet...so I have nothing to say on that front. But what I can say is that my mom is kind of iffy about paying that data plan. So I said I'd pay half ;). And we all know that won't last long :p. But she did kind of give in and say I could get it, but I need more money to do so. So...I have $100 right now, she owes me $185 (I let her borrow my money to pay a mechanic bill on the car). Costco, you better have it for $250 or below or I'll have to wait another two weeks!

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to build the courage to mention to the wife I might want to pick up a Bionic when I'm already going to be picking up a new Kahr CM9 (handgun) this week.

I just don't have it in me :-/

Sounds like my husband! "Honey...can I get this holster for my gun? Ooo, can I get this gun?" I usually let him if it's in our budget. Plus I kind of like the guns too lol But at least he can't argue when I get my new phone lol

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a wife yet...so I have nothing to say on that front. But what I can say is that my mom is kind of iffy about paying that data plan. So I said I'd pay half ;). And we all know that won't last long :p. But she did kind of give in and say I could get it, but I need more money to do so. So...I have $100 right now, she owes me $185 (I let her borrow my money to pay a mechanic bill on the car). Costco, you better have it for $250 or below or I'll have to wait another two weeks!

Wow to be young again :) I unfortunately never got to enjoy having the parents pay for the cell bill because I got my first one when I was like 16 or so and it was on PrimeCo (now Verizon), the real beginning of the cell phone boom. I've always been light years ahead of my parents with technology so they hadn't even gotten one yet.

But you know what, I don't know what's worse, talking a wife into letting you have something or talking your mom into letting you have something :p

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

You'll be waiting another 2 weeks then. :'(

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say I'm EXTREMELY lucky where my wife is concerned. She's as much into tech as I am. Now I realize what most of you will say to this next part, but, it's more about the dedication than the device. ;) She stood in line for 3+ hours to get her i*ad2. Big deal, right? Lots of people do that. Yea, except, she had pneumonia and ended up in the hospital the very next day. (At the time all she knew was that she wasn't feeling well and had made a Dr's appointment for the next day where they promptly sent her to the ER). She's an Apple girl, but, she's very dedicated. She's looking forward to getting the i*hone5. I've been waiting for the Bionic like most people since late last year when they started leaking info about it. It's been a long time coming, but, what's humorous in a twisted way is that my wife would have upgraded in June had the i*hone5 come out then, but, like the Bionic, it was delayed as well. Strange that we're on opposite ends of the tech spectrum (she's AT&T...yuck!) yet we end up in the same boat waiting for our new tech. I love my OG Droid but I'm definitely ready to upgrade. My parents both have the DX and they love it. I've been very patient watching the TB come out, the Charge, the DX2....all had great things, but, none had it all like the Bionic. So while I'm sure my wife will be happy in October when she gets her new tech, I'm thrilled for Thursday when I pick up the Bionic. Definitely blessed to have an awesome wife. :)

AKAndy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I'm on the "DAMMIT, honey, I accidentally dropped my beloved Palm Pre on the pavement and spidered the screen" upgrade plan. It actually was an accident, but a very fortunate accident :)

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say I'm EXTREMELY lucky where my wife is concerned. She's as much into tech as I am. Now I realize what most of you will say to this next part, but, it's more about the dedication than the device. ;) She stood in line for 3+ hours to get her i*ad2. Big deal, right? Lots of people do that. Yea, except, she had pneumonia and ended up in the hospital the very next day. (At the time all she knew was that she wasn't feeling well and had made a Dr's appointment for the next day where they promptly sent her to the ER). She's an Apple girl, but, she's very dedicated. She's looking forward to getting the i*hone5. I've been waiting for the Bionic like most people since late last year when they started leaking info about it. It's been a long time coming, but, what's humorous in a twisted way is that my wife would have upgraded in June had the i*hone5 come out then, but, like the Bionic, it was delayed as well. Strange that we're on opposite ends of the tech spectrum (she's AT&T...yuck!) yet we end up in the same boat waiting for our new tech. I love my OG Droid but I'm definitely ready to upgrade. My parents both have the DX and they love it. I've been very patient watching the TB come out, the Charge, the DX2....all had great things, but, none had it all like the Bionic. So while I'm sure my wife will be happy in October when she gets her new tech, I'm thrilled for Thursday when I pick up the Bionic. Definitely blessed to have an awesome wife. :)

Dude, I like how you don't come right out and say iPhone or iPad, it's like you think the sensors are going to see you write it and they will bleep out the word, so you cheat it in like the people saying the bad word for butt using $$ instead of SS.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the "how can I sell off a few things I have so that I can explain to my wife that I'm not actually spending any money on the phone" plan. Highly doubt it will work, but I'm going to have to give it the good ole college try!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I'm on the "DAMMIT, honey, I accidentally dropped my beloved Palm Pre on the pavement and spidered the screen" upgrade plan. It actually was an accident, but a very fortunate accident :)

As you read in my original post, my wife did "accidentally" run over a phone with my F150 extended cab extended bed heavy truck... this was one of the causes of me getting an upgrade a long time ago. She did that with her Storm 1 so that she could have my Storm 2 also!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I like how you don't come right out and say iPhone or iPad, it's like you think the sensors are going to see you write it and they will bleep out the word, so you cheat it in like the people saying the bad word for butt using $$ instead of SS.

Sorry, force of habit on android forums. I find the fanboys on both sides of the equation can be....sensitive at times. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463