Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Contest starts in 15 minutes. Not really banking on winning being that I live in Utah and no cell phone providers really care about Utah. Let's get this party started.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    I found 3 of the items near where I live. Furthest one was about 1200 feet away. Just drove around and found them in about 5-10 min.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    I'll have to try again later today. Thunderstorming here. i'm not that desperate for a 1 in 748901516283 chance of winning. If it was definite that I would get one I'd brave the elements, but I think I'll go to sleep instead.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Just went out and found all four. It'd be pretty sweet to win something but chances seem pretty slim. It was fun though.
  5. #5  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Yeah I just did it on the Google Maps thing. Really quite a lot faster than I thing the app would take lol. Don't see myself doing this that much though.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    You guys do know that you can play over and over again, increasing your chances of winning. I just found all four items, twice. So I have 8 entries total.
    Keep it stress-free, brah!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    What's the Google maps thing
  8. #8  
    B-RAN's Avatar

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiecefinishes View Post
    You guys do know that you can play over and over again, increasing your chances of winning. I just found all four items, twice. So I have 8 entries total.
    +1
  9. #9  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by xxtdxx View Post
    What's the Google maps thing
    Droid Bionic - Arena Street View There's a link. It uses street view for you to go grab the "machines." It's for those who can't run it or don't have an Android phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiecefinishes View Post
    You guys do know that you can play over and over again, increasing your chances of winning. I just found all four items, twice. So I have 8 entries total.
    You can get up to 4 chances of winning each 30 minute hunt. So you found all four items twice, but only get four entries.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  10. #10  
    csimme01's Avatar

    Posts
    118 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Still can't understand the OG Droid not being able to run the app.
    Dont they realize the 2 year timing involved? The marketing people really missed on this one.
  11. #11  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by csimme01 View Post
    Still can't understand the OG Droid not being able to run the app.
    Dont they realize the 2 year timing involved? The marketing people really missed on this one.
    That's why they have "Your device not supported?" instead of "Missing an Android phone?" It's so OG Droid users can still do it from Streetview, and so can people like me who are getting the Bionic as their first Android phone (or first smartphone in general).
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  12. #12  
    DefectiveWeeble's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    So it works on my Droid X, but I think I may stick with the Street View. I did the first game with the app and let me tell you, I don't think the people in the apartment complex down the street appreciated me trolling around at 1 in the morning lol I live in a suburb type of area, and one of them seemed like I would have had to walk through a field...hmmm
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.
    jroc and KillerG like this.
  13. #13  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by DefectiveWeeble View Post
    So it works on my Droid X, but I think I may stick with the Street View. I did the first game with the app and let me tell you, I don't think the people in the apartment complex down the street appreciated me trolling around at 1 in the morning lol I live in a suburb type of area, and one of them seemed like I would have had to walk through a field...hmmm
    I thought that was kind of stupid too. You kind of look ******ed (stupid) and/or creepy walking around looking like you're recording with your phone out lol.
    There it is again, I can't say bad things about people with mental problems...I'll change the word to just plain dumb. Guess it's for the best.
    Last edited by KillerG; 09-04-2011 at 03:24 AM.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
    jroc likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csimme01 View Post
    Still can't understand the OG Droid not being able to run the app.
    Dont they realize the 2 year timing involved? The marketing people really missed on this one.
    Yea wtf??!
    Sucks. How did they miss that?
    Stupid people running it or just lack of caring?
    Probably both.
    Good luck to the rest

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    DefectiveWeeble's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    I thought that was kind of stupid too. You kind of look ******ed (stupid) and/or creepy walking around looking like you're recording with your phone out lol.
    There it is again, I can't say bad things about people with mental problems...I'll change the word to just plain dumb. Guess it's for the best.
    Yeah. I kind of played out in my head as well what would happen if I drove around and got pulled over for creeping through neighborhoods.

    "I swear I'm not a creeper, officer...you see I'm trying to find this HDTV...."
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.
    jroc and KillerG like this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by DefectiveWeeble View Post
    Yeah. I kind of played out in my head as well what would happen if I drove around and got pulled over for creeping through neighborhoods.

    "I swear I'm not a creeper, officer...you see I'm trying to find this HDTV...."
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wife... he be coming in yo window....."
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
    KillerG likes this.
  17. #17  
    uiil's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Also, you don't have to play the streetview method from your actual location.

    It looked like they even had a link to play in central park new york there early this morning.

    --- secret on ---
    Use regular google streetview to find an isolated but "streetviewable" stretch of road, enter that in as your location, and all 4 will be virtually on top of each other. Got all 4 with 4 minutes to spare that way
    --- secret off ---
    Thanked by 2:
    KillerG likes this.
  18. #18  
    SenenCito's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Thanks for the tips guys

    I got one entry in so far, going to keep trying.
  19. #19  
    grn4frk's Avatar

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysteve View Post
    Yea wtf??!
    Sucks. How did they miss that?
    Stupid people running it or just lack of caring?
    Probably both.
    Good luck to the rest

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if you've ever read the thread " Droid Bionic ARena Not for Droid OG" or not but the OG Droid can not run the program because of it's hardware spec's. It can't handle it..Droid-Life had a backdoor way of installing it on the OG Droid but it was very slow and froze a lot and I wanna say Verizon put a stop to it but don't quote me on that . In a way, I guess they should have made the App to be capable of running on the OG Droid since I guess a good amount of people still have them. At least you can still use the online play verison besides being SOL?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    I'm up to 38 entries total. Booyow suckas! And that is all through the app. Creeping and crawling through the neighborhood. Almost got stoppedby the police at about 10:30 last night but he just looked at me funny.
    Keep it stress-free, brah!!!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    I'm trying to play the streetview version on the website, but it makes no sense to me. I built the robot thing fine, but when I actually start looking for the prizes, they're either nowhere to be found (despite me being right on top of the red mark on the smaller map), or I can see them, but clicking on them doesn't do anything. I don't get it... It doesn't help that streetview goes so slow that I can barely move around enough to find all four within the time limit. :/
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    I'm trying to play the streetview version on the website, but it makes no sense to me. I built the robot thing fine, but when I actually start looking for the prizes, they're either nowhere to be found (despite me being right on top of the red mark on the smaller map), or I can see them, but clicking on them doesn't do anything. I don't get it... It doesn't help that streetview goes so slow that I can barely move around enough to find all four within the time limit. :/
    I thought I was "on top of " them too, try zooming in on the small map in the corner, you'll often find the "prize" is still further down the road or on a side street. Also, definitely try to find an area that doesn't have a lot of side streets as was mentioned.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    I found an address that seems to be working better for me. So, can I only enter once per half hour game? Or how does that work, exactly?

    Also, how come when I try to enter my e-mail to submit my entry, I can't type certain letters? For instance, "m" and "k" won't write when I type them, but if I capitalize them, they show up in capitals.
  24. #24  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    I found an address that seems to be working better for me. So, can I only enter once per half hour game? Or how does that work, exactly?

    Also, how come when I try to enter my e-mail to submit my entry, I can't type certain letters? For instance, "m" and "k" won't write when I type them, but if I capitalize them, they show up in capitals.
    I'm using my home address and usually can get all 4 easily. Anyone else got a better address though?
    Yeah I can't write gmail.com on it for some reason. I'm just doing copy and paste right now.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  25. #25  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

    Default Re: Droid Bionic ARena Contest

    Any idea when they will announce winners? Will it be day by day, or all at once at the end.

    I got my wife involved, and had her running all over the place with my Xoom. She actually got into it. First thing this morning, she kicks me out of bed to check her email and see if she won.

    I don't see anything anywhere that says if the picked any winners yet.
    jroc likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions