Phone selling out?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Rochester NY corporate stores claims no knowledge of the phone know as the bionic, yet they are opening an hour early on Thursday. I am off and will be there around 8am.

I just came from my local VZW store, and they knew... absolutely... nothing. Complete waste of time. The sales rep said "we have no way of knowing that" when I asked if they would have them Thursday morning. Really!? No way? Wow.

When I asked where the launch kits were, she said "What's that? "

Oh my goodness.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So I keep seeing this question popping up all over the place with no real answer, so I decided it was indeed worth it's own thread...will this phone sell out the first day? And how long will it take to get more in?
Personally I think it depends on where you buy it, where you live, and when you buy it. I live in Santa Barbara....so I don't suppose it would probably sell out first day since like everyone I know is all pro-Apple. And I hate it lol. But there could be a chance because I do know a lot of people around here have money and like to spend it. Two people up the street from me have brand new Porsche Carreras, and there's a guy I see driving a Lambourghini. I think I also saw a Tesla the other day. Anyways... anyone else got any foresight for the general public?

FWIW: I'm hearing that this isn't going to be a huge inventory launch, which also means they probably don't expect to sell all that many.

I'll be there bright and early, of course. :p

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
FWIW: I'm hearing that this isn't going to be a huge inventory launch, which also means they probably don't expect to sell all that many.

I stopped at a VZW Corporate store and another VZW Store that I believe is a franchise (or whatever you call the 3rd party VZW stores). VZW Corporate store wouldn't tell me ANYTHING. Just 'Thursday'. The franchise store did say Thursday as well, at first, but when I asked in a few different ways how many they'd have, etc... she did assure me that they are well stocked and that if I show up at 9am i'll be fine. Now, she did say don't wait till the end of the day if I want to make sure, but if i'm there at 9 she had zero concerns. I'll be there at 7:30am and see how the line looks (if any) and if its clear I may head to BK for a bit :) I 'WILL' have my Bionic on Thursday and my boss already knows it :)

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I called a large store in Monroeville, PA and he claims they have accessories in the store to sell right now. It was pouring rain or I might have run in to look, but I get 20% off from any accessory I buy on-line from Verizon because of my corporate discount.

are corporate discounts on-line only? i also have a discount, but I was under the impression that i received the discount online or in store.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I think the Executives at Verizon think that people just want iphones and that Android is just a distraction that only a few tech geeks are really interested in. :p

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
are corporate discounts on-line only? i also have a discount, but I was under the impression that i received the discount online or in store.

I receive, I believe 17% off or 'whatever it is' on accessories and on my data plan (data plan discounted for my line as i'm the employee that gets the discount) and that is in store for sure. Haven't ordered online since beginning the discount. Used the discount to buy some stuff for my wife a few months ago, in store.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems the easiest and yet more promising way is to check out the website around midnight tomorrow and order it there.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah that's what I've been afraid of from the beginning. I'll make sure to be at Costco as soon as I can as long as I can get the money to buy it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

You mean they aren't expecting to sell a lot of the phone that they're barely advertising?
Shocked and stunned I am...shocked and stunned

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the right thread to ask this question. will the phone be available tonight at midnight for a thursday delivery (with overnight of course) or will it be available at midnight thursday for a friday delivery?

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the right thread to ask this question. will the phone be available tonight at midnight for a thursday delivery (with overnight of course) or will it be available at midnight thursday for a friday delivery?

Guess we'll find out for sure in a little over 3 hours. My guess would be midnight on Thursday with a Friday delivery. I've been pestering the online chat reps for awhile and everytime I have recently, they say there's nothing about a pre-order. Of course they also "don't know" when the phone will be released, so it's really hard to say.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon store called me back today and has me scheduled to come in at 9:30 AM Thursday morning to pick up my Bionic! They told me they would honor my NE2, so this will be my first purchase I didn't buy online at Verizon. I figured if they will hold one for me and since there's no pre-orders, I might as well get it Thursday instead of Friday...very excited!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
My Verizon store called me back today and has me scheduled to come in at 9:30 AM Thursday morning to pick up my Bionic! They told me they would honor my NE2, so this will be my first purchase I didn't buy online at Verizon. I figured if they will hold one for me and since there's no pre-orders, I might as well get it Thursday instead of Friday...very excited!

Awesome news. I sure hope to hell someone calls ME back. I have a sales guy at corporate i'm waiting for to get back to me via e-mail and also a guy at a local store. Someone guarantee me something so I can relax!!

:)

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Went to two stores and they both told me they were not doing anything special for the Bionic release. Never mentioned about setting up for an appointment. Guess the Verizon stores around here stink:( Think i will just order online.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Awesome news. I sure hope to hell someone calls ME back. I have a sales guy at corporate i'm waiting for to get back to me via e-mail and also a guy at a local store. Someone guarantee me something so I can relax!!

:)

I'll keep you in my prayers there, Chevy! The waiting is bad enough, but the not knowing is the worst!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Went to two stores and they both told me they were not doing anything special for the Bionic release. Never mentioned about setting up for an appointment. Guess the Verizon stores around here stink:( Think i will just order online.

Yeah, I asked specifically about setting up an appointment and she told me it wouldn't be necessary. I still would've liked her to say 'ok, come in at 9:15am' and we'll have that and your lapdock sitting there waiting, but i guess I get to stand in a potential (hopefully short) line.