Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Default Bionic and Outlook

Anyone happen to know if the Bionic will have native compatibility to sync with Outlook?

For too many reasons to list, it's important that I'm able to sync with Outlook (non-exchange) preferably without going through Google...

Thanks!

TONY

ROM
    Stock on most

Default Re: Bionic and Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by mzdrati View Post
    Anyone happen to know if the Bionic will have native compatibility to sync with Outlook?

For too many reasons to list, it's important that I'm able to sync with Outlook (non-exchange) preferably without going through Google...
    From the manual, it looks like it only supports syncing with the mail servers, not mail clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    From the manual, it looks like it only supports syncing with the mail servers, not mail clients.
    Agreed - this seems to be fairly typical among most Androids. Fortunately, there are (including ) that can help.

David Z.
    CompanionLink has over 1.2 million downloads and counting. We develop the most complete Android to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support.

Websites:
    www.companionlink.com/android
    www.dejaoffice.com

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Thanks!

TONY
    I don't have the answer but have the same question. I hope someone has an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by companionlink View Post
    Agreed - this seems to be fairly typical among most Androids. Fortunately, there are third party options (including our own) that can help.

David Z.
    Does your software require me to sync my Outlook with GMail first? I am not a fan of GMail (probably sacrilege around here), so I would rather it does not get its hooks into my calendar and contacts, etc. Can your software bypass GMail?.

Quote Originally Posted by noisemaker View Post
    Does your software require me to sync my Outlook with GMail first?
    No. We offer a few ways to sync - via Google *is* one of them, but we also offer direct USB, local wi-fi, and a subscription-based wireless sync option that works similarly to Google, but doesn't host your data online.

The way our sync works, data goes from Outlook to our free Android app, DejaOffice. DejaOffice stores contacts in it's own local database and offers advanced contacts, calendars and more, but also has the option to sync with the native contacts and calendar apps if you prefer. (Note that if you do this and have a Gmail account on your device that's set to sync contacts and calendars, your data may end up in Google. You'll need to make sure you've turned off sync for any Google accounts on your phone if you wish to avoid this.)

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

- David Z.
    CompanionLink has over 1.2 million downloads and counting. We develop the most complete Android to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

No. We offer a few ways to sync - via Google *is* one of them, but we also offer direct USB, local wi-fi, and a subscription-based wireless sync option that works similarly to Google, but doesn't host your data online.

The way our sync works, data goes from Outlook to our free Android app, DejaOffice. DejaOffice stores contacts in it's own local database and offers advanced contacts, calendars and more, but also has the option to sync with the native contacts and calendar apps if you prefer. (Note that if you do this and have a Gmail account on your device that's set to sync contacts and calendars, your data may end up in Google. You'll need to make sure you've turned off sync for any Google accounts on your phone if you wish to avoid this.)

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

- David Z.
    Sounds perfect. How 'bout a discount coupon?
    Thanks. -- Roy

Sounds perfect. How 'bout a discount coupon?
    Thanks. -- Roy
    Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and set you up with one! Enter 10BIONIC in the Affinity Code field when you check out to get $10 off.

This code is open to anyone and valid until October 1, 2011. Feel free to pass it along!

- David Z.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

tell you what, i'm going to go ahead and set you up with one! Enter 10bionic in the affinity code field when you check out to get $10 off.

This code is open to anyone and valid until october 1, 2011. Feel free to pass it along!

- david z.
    great! Thanks!!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Thanks Dave Z!

One additional question- in doing research into a synchronization solution that excludes GMail, I am under the impression that CompanionLink may have trouble properly announcing recurring events. Is that the case? Are there any limitations to the CompanionLink functionality? I've never owned an Android phone before, and am interested in getting a Bionic, but am afraid I won't be able to live without the ease of synchronization I enjoyed with my current phone (a Blackberry Storm 1. The sync performance and email are the only things I liked about this mess of a device)

Thanks again!

TONY

I am under the impression that CompanionLink may have trouble properly announcing recurring events. Is that the case?
    CompanionLink, when combined with our free Android app DejaOffice, is able to sync advanced recurring event patterns. You shouldn't see any issues when syncing those using USB, local WiFi, or our Secure Hosted Wireless sync.

If you have a specific setup that you're wondering about (e.g. Outlook to Android via our USB sync with a unique recurring event setup), let me know and I can ask our QA guys specifically if they've seen or heard of any issues. Personally, I haven't run into any.

- David Z.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Dave -- I posted a question in the DejaOffice for Android forum in the "Sync not working properly" thread and I have yet to receive a response there. If you would like me to post it here, let me know. Thanks. -- Roy

I use corporate sync pre installed on the bionic. It syncs with my work outlook, all my meetings are synced with the standard bionic calender automatically. Maybe this isn't what you are talking about, but it works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I use corporate sync pre installed on the bionic. It syncs with my work outlook, all my meetings are synced with the standard bionic calender automatically. Maybe this isn't what you are talking about, but it works well for me.
    Jasper, is that through an Exchange server? I am trying to sync up my desktop Outlook (not Exchange) with Android Contacts and Calendar so I can use ringtones and caller id, etc., without using Google Contacts and Google Calendar.

Dave -- I posted a question in the DejaOffice for Android forum...If you would like me to post it here, let me know. Thanks. -- Roy
    Sorry for the delayed response over there. I'll have one of our techs look into it now for you!

- David Z.

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Sorry for the delayed response over there. I'll have one of our techs look into it now for you!

- David Z.
    David -- Thomas contacted me on your forum. Thanks for your help. -- Roy

Tell you what, I'm going to go ahead and set you up with one! Enter 10BIONIC in the Affinity Code field when you check out to get $10 off.

This code is open to anyone and valid until October 1, 2011. Feel free to pass it along!

- David Z.
    Any way to extend this a few days? Just got it all working and I want to be sure this is what I want. Thanks. -- Roy

Roy - I can probably figure something out... I'll DM you.

- David

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

- David Z.
    Same boat here, think you can help get my issue straightened out too? I would prefer to keep it all public as i have found forum information years later that have helped me solve issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BionicDR View Post
    Same boat here, think you can help get my issue straightened out too? I would prefer to keep it all public as i have found forum information years later that have helped me solve issues.

Thanks
    I am happy to help - can you let me know what the specific issue is? Also, if you can share your setup (phone model - though I assume it's the Bionic, software you want to sync to, etc) that'd be helpful!

- David

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I am happy to help - can you let me know what the specific issue is? Also, if you can share your setup (phone model - though I assume it's the Bionic, software you want to sync to, etc) that'd be helpful!

- David
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello bionicdr,

Thank you for posting. I would like to help. I want to make sure I understand how you wish to configure the SW so I am going to restate it back using some very specific dialog:

Congfig:
    CompanionLink build 5004
    DejaOffice v 1.12.3
    Android Device and OS ??? (Please respond with the specific info.)

A couple of things to note. If you change the Sync Method, you must do a Purge and Reload all on the next Sync. CompanionLink is not designed to randomly change the Sync method for a Sync profile, and doing that will cause a number of undesired results that lead to pretty complicated technical issues.

Can you please fill out the following items so I can be sure I understand you correctly:
    Profile 1.
    Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Bionic
    Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companionlink pro / wifi
    Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ACT 2011

Profile 2
    Box 1 Select the device you want to sync with = Google
    Box 2 Select your Sync Method = companikonlink pro
    Box 3 Slect you PC Web Database = ACT 2011
    (this one is one way sync to google, only to eliminate duplicates)

Since I'm shooting for a purple sky here it would be wonderful If I could also sync my Nook (android Froyo)

I also have an exchange account on the phone, it only syncs back to outlook, I have yet to figure out how to send an appointment via deja Office calendar.

Thanks for your attempt to help.

Please respond with this information filed out and I can advise you what expected behavior is, and how to configure CompanionLink to what you want it to do, if it is possible.

It looks like you've posted both here and in our DejaOffice forums. In the interest of keeping things simple, I'm going to ask you to watch for Thomas's reply in the DejaOffice forums - it should make it easier for all involved! If anyone else is interested, the thread can be .

- David

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

- David Z.
    David,
    I've been on the trial of CompanionLink since picking up my Razr on Friday, it's working GREAT!, A few of us are looking to purchase Companionlink.

How about a renew on the discount code??

Thanks!!!

I think we can do that - go ahead and use the code 10LESSNOW10 to save $10. It's valid through the end of the month!

- David

Websites:
    www.dejaoffice.com

Thank you!

Your product and service is second to none!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast