Droid Bionic Video 9/6/11

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I went to a VZW store today and they didn't even have launch kits, or anything. They were all completely clueless.

I love how we're about to embark on a top secret phone launch where the staff claim to be/are completely clueless yet their company is running a behind the scenes ad campaign including an sweepstakes app and commercials with a launch date displayed at the end. LOL

forsaken82

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you get a chance to test the external speaker? Coming from a OG that was my biggest complaint about the DX. I travel about half the year and since I got my dx I have had to start carrying another alarmclock.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It looks great, however the holiday season is coming and it sure seems to bring very promising stuff. I just got the tbolt so i think the natural thing is to return it. This will be my first moto smart phone i guess.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
..and that differs from any other interaction with VZW staff how? :D

I posted this to another thread and I think it bares repeating:
The thing is w/most employees of VZW Stores and stores like these is it's just "A job" they are not really enthusiasts.

The ones who really are enthusiasts are not allowed to be one on the job. What I mean by this is that they cannot share hearsay because all it takes is 1 person to call the management/up the food chain and say "so and so, told/promised me X and they don't have it and I'm PO'ed blah blah blah." Bang - bye bye enthusiast who was only trying to be helpful.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I posted this to another thread and I think it bares repeating:
The thing is w/most employees of VZW Stores and stores like these is it's just "A job" they are not really enthusiasts.

The ones who really are enthusiasts are not allowed to be one on the job. What I mean by this is that they cannot share hearsay because all it takes is 1 person to call the management/up the food chain and say "so and so, told/promised me X and they don't have it and I'm PO'ed blah blah blah." Bang - bye bye enthusiast who was only trying to be helpful.
It was just a tongue in cheek comment but I agree. Not worth loosing a job over trying to promote something to us anyway. We'll have one no matter when it releases.

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
They should have people that love phone man. If anything, i command apple for having people at its stores that are passionate and know a lot about the products they're selling.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
They should have people that love phone man. If anything, i command apple for having people at its stores that are passionate and know a lot about the products they're selling.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok... now that i'm done laughing, for a bit. The Genius' at the store know 'enough' to do the job. As a PC guy, only using a Mac on rare occasions, I have asked them several questions that I already knew the answer to and just had to walk away shaking my head thinking.. wtf... when did an 'I.T.' Job become so lax. I know its not REAL I.T. but its Still in the Tech field and unless you find that truly rare true Mac Genius, you'll be disappointed if you know your head from your arse.

EDIT: Forgot to stay on topic. The OP should be a hand model, lol, cuz I bet his hands have never looked as sexy as they do holding the Bionic :) (haha)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It looks great, however the holiday season is coming and it sure seems to bring very promising stuff. I just got the tbolt so i think the natural thing is to return it. This will be my first moto smart phone i guess.

Go check out Bworley's thread...the Bionic destroys the Thunderbolt in every way lol. Even the reception is better on Motorola's phones, they really are known for having good reception and good battery life. The battery life almost looked like a normal 3G phone nowadays...but running on 4G. So if you were using WiFi or 3G all day you'd get through it no problem and more. And the build quality on Motorola's stuff is always really great. I can't wait to get my hands on this phone...it looks amazing.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to see a dummy unit today at the corporate store I went to. I am pretty sure they had one, but the rep went to the back (I'm guessing to talk to the manager) and then told me that no one was supposed to see it until Thursday. I am glad they are all so consistent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante