Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By javikid
  • 1 Post By javikid
  • 3 Post By Averix
  • 1 Post By javikid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Bionic Video 9/6/11

Today at my local Verizon Store.. Phone feels great and fast...
    Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 09-06-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added embed
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: Droid Bionic Video 9/6/11

Quote Originally Posted by javikid View Post

Today at my local Verizon Store.. Phone feels great and fast...
    Oh man I wish I could go see this phone too.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

im guessing all verizon stores must have it by now to see
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Good bye Thunderbolt hello Bionic
    KillerG likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    I went to the same store yesterday and they told me that they had it but only managers had the power to show it... Lol so today I played stupid and asked again lol
    sk102704 likes this.
    It's been real...

Quote Originally Posted by gera815 View Post
    im guessing all verizon stores must have it by now to see
    Nope. I went to a VZW store today and they didn't even have launch kits, or anything. They were all completely clueless.

*customized tapatalk signature*

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    Nope. I went to a VZW store today and they didn't even have launch kits, or anything. They were all completely clueless.
    I love how we're about to embark on a top secret phone launch where the staff claim to be/are completely clueless yet their company is running a behind the scenes ad campaign including an sweepstakes app and commercials with a launch date displayed at the end. LOL
    jroc, sk102704 and KillerG like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

And let me add that the call quality was super compared to my TB...
    sk102704 likes this.

Ummmm is it me or did the Bionic's screen look smaller than the DX2 when he held them side by side.

Did you get a chance to test the external speaker? Coming from a OG that was my biggest complaint about the DX. I travel about half the year and since I got my dx I have had to start carrying another alarmclock.

It looks great, however the holiday season is coming and it sure seems to bring very promising stuff. I just got the tbolt so i think the natural thing is to return it. This will be my first moto smart phone i guess.

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

..and that differs from any other interaction with VZW staff how?

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    I posted this to another thread and I think it bares repeating:
    The thing is w/most employees of VZW Stores and stores like these is it's just "A job" they are not really enthusiasts.

The ones who really are enthusiasts are not allowed to be one on the job. What I mean by this is that they cannot share hearsay because all it takes is 1 person to call the management/up the food chain and say "so and so, told/promised me X and they don't have it and I'm PO'ed blah blah blah." Bang - bye bye enthusiast who was only trying to be helpful.
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

Got my car dock today!!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb View Post
    I posted this to another thread and I think it bares repeating:
    The thing is w/most employees of VZW Stores and stores like these is it's just "A job" they are not really enthusiasts.

The ones who really are enthusiasts are not allowed to be one on the job. What I mean by this is that they cannot share hearsay because all it takes is 1 person to call the management/up the food chain and say "so and so, told/promised me X and they don't have it and I'm PO'ed blah blah blah." Bang - bye bye enthusiast who was only trying to be helpful.
    It was just a tongue in cheek comment but I agree. Not worth loosing a job over trying to promote something to us anyway. We'll have one no matter when it releases.

They should have people that love phone man. If anything, i command apple for having people at its stores that are passionate and know a lot about the products they're selling.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    They should have people that love phone man. If anything, i command apple for having people at its stores that are passionate and know a lot about the products they're selling.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok... now that i'm done laughing, for a bit. The Genius' at the store know 'enough' to do the job. As a PC guy, only using a Mac on rare occasions, I have asked them several questions that I already knew the answer to and just had to walk away shaking my head thinking.. wtf... when did an 'I.T.' Job become so lax. I know its not REAL I.T. but its Still in the Tech field and unless you find that truly rare true Mac Genius, you'll be disappointed if you know your head from your arse.

EDIT: Forgot to stay on topic. The OP should be a hand model, lol, cuz I bet his hands have never looked as sexy as they do holding the Bionic (haha)
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    It looks great, however the holiday season is coming and it sure seems to bring very promising stuff. I just got the tbolt so i think the natural thing is to return it. This will be my first moto smart phone i guess.
    Go check out Bworley's thread...the Bionic destroys the Thunderbolt in every way lol. Even the reception is better on Motorola's phones, they really are known for having good reception and good battery life. The battery life almost looked like a normal 3G phone nowadays...but running on 4G. So if you were using WiFi or 3G all day you'd get through it no problem and more. And the build quality on Motorola's stuff is always really great. I can't wait to get my hands on this phone...it looks amazing.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Hope so. The battery life on the Droid X is pretty bad IMO.

ROM
    Rooted Stock Rom

I tried to see a dummy unit today at the corporate store I went to. I am pretty sure they had one, but the rep went to the back (I'm guessing to talk to the manager) and then told me that no one was supposed to see it until Thursday. I am glad they are all so consistent.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Ummmm is it me or did the Bionic's screen look smaller than the DX2 when he held them side by side.
    Yea it looked that way to me too. I rewound the clip a few times to make sure I wasnt seeing things.
    It's been real...

Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    Ha! Sadly, it differs not at all :-/

So uhh... you leaving your signature like that on purpose? lol I may change mine to just say:

"Signature"
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
    It's been real...

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    So uhh... you leaving your signature like that on purpose? lol I may change mine to just say:

"Signature"
    Yes! I have convinced myself that it's moderately humorous. I also occasionally convince myself that "I" am moderately humorous as well. This however, may or may not be true.