Just Ordered the Bionic this morning

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordering? Someone picked one up today from a mall kiosk at another forum.

I HATE not having the funds right now...

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten anything and I ordered at 11. My account says I've upgraded and has renewed my upgrade date to 2013, but no email yet!

Same with me, even at the same time, but as I posted above I didn't accept the terms and conditions of my new contract on the Verizon site until 2:55 (I didn't know I had to do that), so they didn't process my order until then... which from what it says now seems like it is too late to make delivery by tomorrow.

Bush985

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my email, however they did not ship overnight as I requested. I won't be receiving my phone until Friday now. I do have a tracking number though.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Same with me, even at the same time, but as I posted above I didn't accept the terms and conditions of my new contract on the Verizon site until 2:55 (I didn't know I had to do that), so they didn't process my order until then... which from what it says now seems like it is too late to make delivery by tomorrow.

The customer service rep transferred me to accept the terms and conditions right after I got off the phone with her, which I promptly accepted.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The customer service rep transferred me to accept the terms and conditions right after I got off the phone with her, which I promptly accepted.

I would double check. He asked if I authorize the transaction and if I accept the new terms of the contract, which I said yes to, but it still wanted me to confirm online.

So frustrating

boi2kwik4u

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah I did that as well w/ my customer service rep. She wasn't even aware of the Bionic being for sale yet as I was his first to ask about it today. Had no problems with her what so ever. It sucks that some ppl had to deal with lazy Verizon workers that didn't give a damn.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
yeh yeh... on the way, confirmed FedEx shipping direct from FedEx. can't wait to get it in my hands tomorrow morn and then be bored two days later lol..

been waiting forever for this phone. i think this is the most dedicated I've ever been to an electronic device. moto better recognize.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I would double check. He asked if I authorize the transaction and if I accept the new terms of the contract, which I said yes to, but it still wanted me to confirm online.

So frustrating

I just called and got the tracking number, it's on its way. That's pretty unfortunate and kind of dumb that you would have to confirm online. o_O

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks,

I am a looong-time lurker, and have thoroughly enjoyed the many threads I've read since I first found this site last fall. I've been drolling over a new phone for quite a while to replace my LG Ally (forgive me; didn't know too much about smart phones when I got it, and it was free from Best Buy at the time), in particular since the LTE phones have come on the market. I've had the Ally since Aug. 2010, and technically I'm not supposed to be eligible for an upgrade until April (20 month mark). I've noticed some of you have posted that you ordered the Bionic and paid an 'early upgrade fee' ($20?). How long have you had your previous phones to be able to do this? I would love to get the Bionic, but just can't see paying the full retail price unless there's no other route. Not looking for a handout, but if there is a way of paying the $299, I could see my way clear to that. Would love to hear how you guys did that. Thanks for your replies.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
When I got the OG Droid way back when I had just burned through my third HTC WinMo phone (the screens broke so easy) and was no longer eligible to get one through insurance. I went to the verizon corporate store and was told that I could do an early upgrade (which I believe was the $20 fee) and I think I also paid the 1 year service contract price rather than the two for the Droid. However I am not sure if they even have 1 year pricing anymore. Your best bet is to head to the Verizon store and ask.

Bobsacto

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe the early upgrade fee is a charge to get the two year price if you are between 13 - 20 months into your two year contract. I know if I had wanted to go to a "lesser" phone they would not have charged the fee because I asked. Don't know if a history with the company makes a difference. I go back to PacTel cellular before Qualcomm came up with the CDMA system the phone was like carrying a purse.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
When I got the OG Droid way back when I had just burned through my third HTC WinMo phone (the screens broke so easy) and was no longer eligible to get one through insurance. I went to the verizon corporate store and was told that I could do an early upgrade (which I believe was the $20 fee) and I think I also paid the 1 year service contract price rather than the two for the Droid. However I am not sure if they even have 1 year pricing anymore. Your best bet is to head to the Verizon store and ask.

Yeah, I also went from an HTC WinMo phone to the OG Droid, it really seems like a "no brainer" to stay with Motorola, There is just no comparison in build quality and reception.:)

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
There's going to be a better phone in 6 month.....heheheh

Don't get me wrong, I like the DB specs. I guess i'll never understand this feverish compulsion to be the first to own one. I'll wait a few months. besides my smartphone still works great.....

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, I like the DB specs. I guess i'll never understand this feverish compulsion to be the first to own one. I'll wait a few months. besides my smartphone still works great.....

Well, for a lot of people they have wanted or needed a new phone for a while now and just can't or don't want to wait anymore.

.... and for some of us it is just a completely overwhelming uncontrollable addiction. lol :)

Dukeuni

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, Verizon is driving me crazy. First I order the phone, then I call back and get told that it will not ship until tomorrow most likely, so I cancel order, which takes some time I guess. Then I get notification from Fed Ex that phone was not only picked-up, but is not in transit.

What the heck, can't anyone on Verizon get on the same page?

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Many of the people here are coming from a Thunderbolt, X, D3, or whatever and they just like the phone. Some of us coming from the OG Droid or not even a smartphone at all and just really need a new phone at this point and have been waiting months just to get something we like and can't wait another 6 months to then have a delay and wait another 2 on top of that.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by the verizon store and picked up the HD dock, webtop adapter, windshield mount, and case. WOOOOOOO!....... too bad I won't have the phone until Friday, haha

*customized tapatalk signature*

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine. Be here by 3pm tomorrow. Had to call 3 times until I got somebody that would let me order it today. Others wanted to call me back tomorrow even though they wouldn't tell me when it releases....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463