To Buy or Not to Buy....
09-07-2011 10:51 AM
- I'm really struggling here with my decision, I love the Bionic, I love Moto, but I'm afraid that as soon as I buy the Bionic something better will come out. I will have to wait 20 months until I'm able to get something different. Someone told me that as soon as the Bionic comes out, it will be obsolete because the Prime will be out and the Vigor, and all these other amazing phones... What advice do you have?09-07-2011 06:32 AM
- There is ALWAYS going to be something better just after you buy any electronics device... PC, Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, etc, etc, etc... how long will you wait to upgrade... after all you will upgrade at some point in time.
The cool thing I get to do is to play with the Bionic, while still having my OLD, OLD Thunderbolt (7 months old now)... my wife needs a new phone and I'm getting her the Bionic... then I'll get my 1 yr upgrade in January... oh boy, what will the next big device be by then???09-07-2011 06:44 AM
- The thing you have to understand is that anytime you make a technology purchase, there is going to be something better out soon. It used to be about a year before phone technology changed so quickly but now things are rapidly changing. At some point you have to make a decision to buy something. When the Prime is about to release you'll probably start to hear rumors of quad core phones. I'm also in the camp that believes the Prime will be a stock ICS phone, but not a Nexus because it'll have its share of bloatware. The Vigor I think is actually a downgrade from the Bionic due to its older architecture processor. The Bionic should hold up just fine to the Prime, after all it is running an OMAP4 like the rumored specs of the Prime.09-07-2011 06:47 AM
- I'm tempted to get the Bionic and not wait on the Vigor. I currently own an HTC Android phone. HTC has yet to release a device that can yield good battery life. Not sure if sense ui has something to do with it. I'm looking into getting the Bionic, because I've heard that Motorola phones tend to have pretty good battery life. I no longer want to walk around with a large extended battery, which is needed for many HTC phones.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk09-07-2011 07:24 AM
- You should wait. There will always be a better phone coming out (they call it progress) and you should just keep waiting for them. If you start to get tiered if waiting, you can check in on any of the latest phone model forums and see all the fun we're having with our devices. You'll also have the satisfaction of knowing that you weren't suckered in to that device as you wait for the next one, and the next one, and the next one...09-07-2011 07:32 AM
- p08757** Superhero **You just have to pick a time and jump in, or you will be left on the side with your old outdated equipment.
I would wait a week or 2, and see how it fares in real life use.
If it shows glaring problems -- Skip it and wait for the Prime or any other device you find worty.
If it gets rave reviews -- Jump on it, as you know its will be a sure thing.
Just my $0.02.09-07-2011 07:54 AM
- If the thunderbolt had a decent battery (stock) and didn't have a few HTC issues (for me personally) I would not be switching phones to the Bionic. Other than those couple things I am VERY happy with the phone.
My point being.. if the Bionic is as great as it sounds I don't think you would be upset EVEN IF something bigger and better comes along if you are happy with your current phone.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk09-07-2011 08:03 AM
- 09-07-2011 08:37 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
To Buy or Not to Buy....
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD